Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And when was it? Because it started to become a problem in Legion, when M+ got introduced. Also, not the first time Blizz reverts changes because they didn't work very well. Different xpac, different mechanics and design choices.
    I think it was MoP if I’m not mistaken

I understand different times different devs but the reality is that the problem still remains

There are some classes that are less impacted so you will favor those over the capped classes. It won’t matter unless you are in the top end but little jimmy will emulate it and then so will others

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And when was it? Because it started to become a problem in Legion, when M+ got introduced. Also, not the first time Blizz reverts changes because they didn't work very well. Different xpac, different mechanics and design choices.
    I want to see how the AOE cap pans out first. We've had it in the past. Smaller packs that do more damage and could encourage CC strategy is much more interesting than 'pull as much as you can stand and AOE it all down'.

I feel like the shitstorm over AOE caps has been somewhat blown out of proportion, just like how people reacted with the damage variance on spells returning instead of abilities dealing a flat fixed number (fireball doing 1000-1150 damage instead of 1000 damage in SL). We lost that for Legion and with it coming back in SL, people are acting like it's some evil move by Blizzard to introduce more RNG. We had damage variance for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    God, i hope so much Blizzard will un-nerf Necrolord Priest's Unholy Nova. Now its so shit, but its set looks so fucking good on Zandalari and Undead.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Blizzard underestimates the art team. I care more about the armor when it comes to choice than the abilities will.

I just wanna have the most effective ability and I really want the super cool gear

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I said it before and I’ll say it again. Blizzard underestimates the art team. I care more about the armor when it comes to choice than the abilities will.

I just wanna have the most effective ability and I really want the super cool gear
    The visuals and storylines alone make covenants hard choice.

Ironically, adding player power to the mix removes the option to choose.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, i would play and enjoy so much of this game if they just locked in Covenants cosmetics for meaningful choice and work hard on through Renown, and stuff Arbiter NPC with Soulbinds and Covenant Abilities UI so you can go and choose them whenever you want outside M+, raids and PvP.

I mean, we helped all four Covenants, they are for sure would be glad to share their abilities. It would remove the pain of choosing power over cosmetics, it would remove the problem of abilities being bad for different specs and allow to play one character on its full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    How much you guys wanna bet they will reverse the AoE cap change in a future SL content patch?
    Yeah, just like they did Personal Loot and the GCD changes?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yeah, just like they did Personal Loot and the GCD changes?
    Or moving flying to Pathfinder.

I wonder when the prepatch date will be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I wonder when the prepatch date will be announced.
    Most likely the same time the expansion release will be announced.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Most likely the same time the expansion release will be announced.
    Hopefully next week at Gamescom. I'll be shocked if we don't see an expansion release date at GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Hopefully next week at Gamescom. I'll be shocked if we don't see an expansion release date at GC.
    Especially when we are so close to the release. We could be looking at as little as 4 weeks before the pre-patch, which will likely only last 4 weeks like usual pre-patches.

Especially when we are so close to the release. We could be looking at as little as 4 weeks before the pre-patch, which will likely only last 4 weeks like usual pre-patches.
    If we're going see a PTR>prepatch>release schedule similar to previous expansions, then yeah, I can't see the prepatch being later than mid-September & the expansion mid to late October.

Still, I think it'll be a bit longer than that this time given the current state of the game on beta. Legion definitely felt like it had less issues at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    If we're going see a PTR>prepatch>release schedule similar to previous expansions, then yeah, I can't see the prepatch being later than mid-September & the expansion mid to late October.

Still, I think it'll be a bit longer than that this time given the current state of the game on beta. Legion definitely felt like it had less issues at this point.
    Did Legion really have less issues? I feel like it was about similar, especially when you factor in the amount of time since Legion was in Beta at all, might just be imagining it being further ahead. Afterall, 2 months is a long time to be in Beta.

Did Legion really have less issues? I feel like it was about similar, especially when you factor in the amount of time since Legion was in Beta at all, might just be imagining it being further ahead. Afterall, 2 months is a long time to be in Beta.
    Maybe it's due to what I tested in Legion vs SL, but I've gotten hard-stuck on multiple Night Fae characters in recent weeks, while I don't remember ever having issues with the order hall progression on the characters I tried, despite getting into the Legion beta a LOT earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So been mostly playing around in Bastion. Place is gorgeous. Whoever was responsible for the level design though . . . I want to speak with their manager
    Let's place all world quests away from teleport and flight paths or have multiple vertical gaps between convenient points and end points. Also let's place all the mining nodes in places where you will have to double back for 5 minutes to get to.
    Out of curiosity, is that with or without the Kyrian transport network? The node problem probably won't be fixed, but quest areas being invonceniently placed sounds like something that could be nicely circumvented by having your base in your preferred zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, is that with or without the Kyrian transport network? The node problem probably won't be fixed, but quest areas being invonceniently placed sounds like something that could be nicely circumvented by having your base in your preferred zone.
    Don't forget that multiple WQ have non-60 mobs ... lol (54 for example, for the 2 that I've done today)

10+ Year Old Account
    So been mostly playing around in Bastion. Place is gorgeous. Whoever was responsible for the level design though . . . I want to speak with their manager
    Let's place all world quests away from teleport and flight paths or have multiple vertical gaps between convenient points and end points. Also let's place all the mining nodes in places where you will have to double back for 5 minutes to get to.
    Is this a comment about zone design? Cause if it is, it seems pretty consistent with the atrocities we've been given since WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole benthic crap with op shit becomes a bit too obnoxious, every M+ group now runs with 2-3 derps dollied into socketed benthics and using various shit broken with scaling. What's even the point doing that crap, I will never know.

I hope they will fix scaling aura to apply only items above ilvl 130 or some such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing making this such a weird beta. The alt-friendly element of letting you pick how to level kicks in immediately for anyone entering the beta this late and it gives a bit of a disjointed experience since we don't really get the proper story flow.

- - - Updated - - -

It's somehow the worse it's been yet. (honestly I found BfA to be much better in this apart from Zul'dazar and even that wasn't that bad). This is consistently worse than WoD Nagrand
    So we can expect more tight paths flanked by high cliffs and huge falls, with numerous mobs on the way.

Ahh, vanilla/tbc/wotlk zone design....

It's somehow the worse it's been yet. (honestly I found BfA to be much better in this apart from Zul'dazar and even that wasn't that bad). This is consistently worse than WoD Nagrand
    I'm glad this is a thing people notice. Having zones designed to be annoying just ruin my immersion.

Tanaan Jungle was the zone I felt to be the beginning of obnoxious zone design that was intended to make travel-routes longer and for it to be frustrating getting from A to B.

I didn't really notice it in the zones with WoD launch, Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon Valley being good examples of having open space with barely anything jammed in.