Does anyone have an image of the official box art of SL? The non-collector's edition.

It seems like they are going with Bolvar?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I doubt the maw will end up being relevant at this juncture. Pretty much the entire premise is centered around gameplay that no longer exists. The best we could hope for is either the grindathon or rares. At least until a later maw centric patch.
    Until then I guess it will stay as a very slight warmup to your Torghast runs.
    fill it with rares
    give it a questline
    connect it to soulbinds stories

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Just cause Preach says it doesn't mean thats the feeling people here will get. If the rep grind is hard he should say it instead of... "tedious."
    theres a difference between challenge and tedium

for example the WoD reps werent a challenge they wer tedious

10+ Year Old Account
    World Quest system seems rushed and unfinished as well. It's not clear what their intent is with the callings and making everything take longer. I would rather they keep the pace the same as BFA but make the quests themselves more intricate.
    I'm guessing longer world quests keeps people engaged instead of finishing them up quick(...They could just add more or make them more repeatable if someone just loves playing). The world quest is nice for what it is but since Legion its not really changed all to much. Whats offered does not bother me in the slightest or is it boring. Just not enough.

tedious in that the rep gains were small that it didn't feel worth it?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Did anyone play around with professions in beta? In the wowhead article was a subsection about covenant craftables, does anyone know what they look like? Did they even materilize (wowhead has them for tailoring but the blacksmithing "spells" seem to be only placeholders)?

Also why on earth would they give even more (let's face it, mandatory) consumables to alchemy..? Furthermore on the PTR it looks like only alchemy still has a profession perk (mixology), didn't tailor have something that increases cloth drop chances as well or was that already removed with legion/bfa? As far as I can see the crafter's marks are also limited to ilvl 200 which is normal mode raiding, are there hidden recipies for higher versions (of at least a slot or two that require raid materials) or was that system removed entirely? I know legendaries can have a higher base level but those are even more limited than the old one and normal raid loot is kinda worthless to begin with (even if perfectly itemized).

I have to wonder if I can justify something like tailoring for a main or if I might as well just use an alt again and go with the easy alchemy..
    Edit: No new glyphs for inscription either yet?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-08-29 at 06:04 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    inb4 Jailer is an Old God
    SHadowLANds IS NOt aN Old GOd expAnsIOn
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Aren't the flight paths different in Shadowlands? Or are they still flying creatures between points?
    No change here. We can even cross the "cosmic portals" around Oribos with it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    fill it with rares
    give it a questline
    connect it to soulbinds stories

- - - Updated - - -

Last week I was there and the mini-map was filled with rares and things to go get. I'm sure there will be some content for the zone possibly for a later patch, could even be something they are holding back for spoiler reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Last week I was there and the mini-map was filled with rares and things to go get. I'm sure there will be some content for the zone possibly for a later patch, could even be something they are holding back for spoiler reasons.
    As I mentioned above, much of the purpose of the Maw was as a grinding spot for the resources needed to run Torghast, with it gone the devs would likely have to scramble to find a different purpose for why to go there at all outside questlines, which is the likely explanation for why it seems so pointless as of right now.

It will almost definitely get more stuff later though, especially if 9.1 has a Maw themed raid, or otherwise a raid taking place in the Maw.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    As I mentioned above, much of the purpose of the Maw was as a grinding spot for the resources needed to run Torghast, with it gone the devs would likely have to scramble to find a different purpose for why to go there at all outside questlines, which is the likely explanation for why it seems so pointless as of right now.

It will almost definitely get more stuff later though, especially if 9.1 has a Maw themed raid, or otherwise a raid taking place in the Maw.
    That's what I'm hoping for. I seriously doubt it will just be Torghast, the intro quests, and some rares/treasures the entire expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok this made me laugh:

Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-29 at 01:08 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The only thing I know is that a non-Azeroth expansion is automatically considered a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    The only thing I know is that a non-Azeroth expansion is automatically considered a failure.
    Just give it a few years, in about 3-4 years time Shadowlands will be considered the pinnacle of WoW gaming. Mostly because by that time we might ave classic TBC and WotLK servers to completely shatter the rose colored glasses players have for those expansions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

One of the weeklies for Renown requires you to get 15 souls from the Maw, so you either need to do the Maw enough to get 15 souls, or to get 15 Soul Binders from rares to get the 15 souls from Torghast, so there is at least something required in a sense from doing the Maw that everyone will still do on a weekly basis. At least for the first 20 weeks of the expansion.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I was saying Preach's feelings on the Maw isn't necessarily going to be shared by everyone. It sounded like raging and very vague description of whats going on. I discredit it because I don't go on Preach's authority. I even wonder what classes he touched in the Maw to come to that conclusion.
    I would dissagree.. hes been pretty clear on whats going on in the maw.. he doesnt say its bad just, unclear and boring since there is nothing to do. He also stated hes been chexking it for the past 3 months and not much footage is out there, which is true.

So saying the feeling isnt shared is bs cus if it was cool or interesting we would have lots of footage already. I am not a fan of preach perse, but this video was usefull and not negative in any way just very direct imo.

Aren't the flight paths different in Shadowlands? Or are they still flying creatures between points?
    There are still flight paths. If you are part of a zone's covenant you get to use that zone's teleporters that can get you around the zone much faster.

Normal flight paths. If you fly from one zone to another, you will Stargate there through Oribos.

Ah thanks, that's what I was thinking of but confused it. Then I am just sad about the flight whistle. I was hoping it was replaced with some kind of teleport thingy.
    Recorded flight between zones just for fun:

Your covenant will give you secondary fast travel network to use on your home zone, but removing the Flight Master's Whistle is massive pain in the ass for 3 out of 4 zones in the expansion.

Recorded flight between zones just for fun:

Your covenant will give you secondary fast travel network to use on your home zone, but removing the Flight Master's Whistle is massive pain in the ass for 3 out of 4 zones in the expansion.
    Is the music new?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Is the music new?
    Bastion has had music since the start of the beta, probably even earlier (could be since Blizzcon because the demo zone was Bastion, someone with earlier access should comment on that.)

No other zones or instances have their music implemented yet. Only ambient sounds.

Bastion has had music since the start of the beta, probably even earlier (could be since Blizzcon because the demo zone was Bastion, someone with earlier access should comment on that.)

No other zones or instances have their music implemented yet. Only ambient sounds.
    Well the Bastion music is already pretty gorgeous.