10+ Year Old Account
    Even without mounts, the Maw does not look dangerous at all... in the beginning, we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Since when is druid travel form full speed?
    Since Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Even without mounts, the Maw does not look dangerous at all... in the beginning, we'll see
    Could easily end up similar to Island Expeditions where it was difficult for a couple weeks before you outgeared it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Since Legion.
    More precisely, since WoD via glyph, and then made a passive effect of travel form in Legion.

Has anyone been able to access Cataclysm, as in Mount Hyjal etc, via Chromie Time? I can't get it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Ghost Wolf is allowed too

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Has anyone been able to access Cataclysm, as in Mount Hyjal etc, via Chromie Time? I can't get it to work.
    I believe it is all rolled up into the same levelling as the revamped zones, so you level in whatever low level zones you like in EK/Kalimdor until you are high enoug helvel to go to the new Cata zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I do agree, there will definitely be a way to mount, if nothing else as a pathfinder reward for finding everything worth finding in there. Maybe if we go for the idea of a grindathon zone where you farm resources you cna eventually buy the ability to mount, would be a pretty nice reward overall.
    Personally I think mounts should at the very least be something that you can unlock in a couple of hours, because while it might be fine to do some running for a bit, especially while the zone is still fresh and you don't spend a lot of time there, I feel that over time it will get frustrating.

Also, I'd argue that not having mounts actually makes the Maw LESS threatening. The thing is, let's assume that you're going to spend 20 minutes in the zone and like 7-8 minutes will be used to run from place to place through mostly relatively unpopulater terrain - that's like 30-40% of your play time, where you're not engaging with mobs, filling up the Eye of the Jailer or doing anything else that could challenge and/or kill you. On the other hand, if you could mount, the amount of safe downtime would be lower and you'd spend more of your time in the Maw engaging with with enemies or doing other stuff that fills up the Eye.

The only problem with mounts is what I've said above - being able to run next to/through mob packs to skip them, which I feel could be solved in a more creative and engaging way that completely removing the ability to mount.

One of my bigger fears is the Maw zone content essentially being delayed a la Broken Shore/Tanaan Jungle. Two months from launch and there's basically nothing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    One of my bigger fears is the Maw zone content essentially being delayed a la Broken Shore/Tanaan Jungle. Two months from launch and there's basically nothing there.
    Well Tanaan was unfinished and unavailable despite it being pitched as the initial endgame zone.
    The Maw was always supposed to be mostly empty except for the enemies. The problem is just that the only permanent purpose it had was removed a while back when Torghast no longer needed keys, which kinda leaves it in an odd spot.

I believe it is all rolled up into the same levelling as the revamped zones, so you level in whatever low level zones you like in EK/Kalimdor until you are high enoug helvel to go to the new Cata zones.
    Ahh I guess that does make sense. Mount Hyjal always did feel short on content to spread over 40 squished levels!

Well Tanaan was unfinished and unavailable despite it being pitched as the initial endgame zone.
    The Maw was always supposed to be mostly empty except for the enemies. The problem is just that the only permanent purpose it had was removed a while back when Torghast no longer needed keys, which kinda leaves it in an odd spot.
    IIRC from the Blizzcon reveal The Maw was definitely pitched as an important endgame zone as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC from the Blizzcon reveal The Maw was definitely pitched as an important endgame zone as well.
    Things change I suppose(Much like the small class changes we saw to...what we know now).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It was always meant ot be somewhat important, but never as a zone that wa supposed ot have stuff in it, at least not in the way we normally associate a zone as having stuff.

Back then it was. It used to be how you get your keys for weekly Torghast runs, but since then they removed the keys from Torghast completely so now it became a useless zone.

The only thing everyone will need to do in the Maw so far is get souls/soul stabilizers for the weekly Renown quest. However, I was thinking about it and there is a lot of rares there as well. I think once they put cosmetic items like mounts/pets/toys it would have more things to do. Optional, but desired. Kind of like Timeless Isle or Mechagon. I think the only thing really missing is the reward structure. Once people have things to chase, it will have a lot more for people to do.

The souls you get in Torghast don't count towards the weekly unless you have soul stabilizers that you only get from killing rares in the Maw. So you still need to do the Maw in either case.
    Last edited by MadamSerenity; 2020-08-30 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh really? I spend so much time in the Maw I never noticed how the quest end up complete

As for the people who are not finding the Maw challenging, you are simply not pulling enough! Or go to Perdition Hold
    Or you are not going to the dangerous areas. There are plenty of areas that could be challenging solo. Less so in a group, but still challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Perdition Hold where everything is an elite and you get a debuff that that increases damage taken.

Also stay in the Maw at Eye of the Jailer 4+
    Doubt they'll do it but if in the said Jailer raid patch expand the Maw like maybe the 3 landscapes so the Maw is bigger then it appears to be. Ideally this would be expanding the Maw in 9.2 and 9.3 but we all need something "newish" before we go back to Crazy Death hell.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Fan fact, the landscape of the Maw is LITERALLY made of souls. Souls are reduced to ash and that compacted ash makes the Maw.

Which should mean that in the last year alone, the Maw has probably grown immensely what with the massive influx of souls from the entire cosmos.
    I could see that be used as an explanation for a until then unknown area of the Maw, the Jailer and Sylvanas has made something new to attack the other realms/Azeroth or at least stage an attack from.
    Could be a really cool explanation for a Maw themed Naxxramas inspired raid. A new necropolis designed to destroy all the other realms.

In short I just really want a naxxramas themed raid.