Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maldraxxus relies on you having played or at least seen some of Beta to really get the importance of what's happening. Whereas Bastion relies on you knowing Arthas, like the one character even the most casual Warcraft-aware person could recognize. Or Ardenweald relies on you having played either Legion at any point, or just played a Druid ever.
    Exactly. Like...I don't have beta and I've been trying to keep story spoilers to a minimum so the entire time I was like what was the point of this?

Ardenweald and Bastion, I've at least got a grasp of what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Exactly. Like...I don't have beta and I've been trying to keep story spoilers to a minimum so the entire time I was like what was the point of this?

Well, Maldraxxus is a civil war orchestrated by unknown party. That's about it without doing spoilers.

New Turalyon dialog for 9.0 implies that he is going to reclaim more Alliance settlements in the EK (as well as double confirmation that Arathi belongs to the Alliance again, or at least Stromgarde)

World revamp tease? Other than a Human heritage quest I don't know how this could be relevant in Shadowlands itself.

The Fourth War took a terrible toll on the Alliance. Our military might has been depleted. Stormwind's nobles are keen to see our defenses restored.

Reclaiming Stromgarde was a good first step. Perhaps there are other holdings of the old Alliance that could be secured.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317929/...poilers-inside

Also mentions the nobles again. Kind of feels like setting them up for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    New Turalyon dialog for 9.0 implies that he is going to reclaim more Alliance settlements in the EK (as well as double confirmation that Arathi belongs to the Alliance again, or at least Stromgarde)

World revamp tease? Other than a Human heritage quest I don't know how this could be relevant in Shadowlands itself.

Also mentions the nobles again. Kind of feels like setting them up for something.
    Is there anything Horde side? Obviously it doesn't have to be equal but if that's the case then yeah, it might be seeding the heritage armor for humans.

Edit: nvm, I saw your edit. Sounds like Rokhan is setting up something for trolls too.

Is there anything Horde side? Obviously it doesn't have to be equal but if that's the case then yeah, it might be seeding the heritage armor for humans.

Edit: nvm, I saw your edit. Sounds like Rokhan is setting up something for trolls too.
    Rokhan's dialog doesn't imply much, just confirms he's the Troll representative on the council. And even that is up in the air now that Vol'jin is being reborn as a half-Rezan wild god <-- big Ardenweald spoiler

Rokhan's dialog doesn't imply much, just confirms he's the Troll representative on the council. And even that is up in the air now that Vol'jin is being reborn as a half-Rezan wild god <-- big Ardenweald spoiler
    No one should be here if they're afraid of spoilers.

Anyway, Vol'jin is in a position that is higher than being a faction leader. He's gonna become a neutral character that favours the Horde.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

No internal conflict pls but I can gather the nobles might turn on Holy soldier of the Light cause well apparently its the only thing they can think of @_@(No Blue Horde Blizz)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-11 at 02:04 AM.

Maldraxxus relies on you having played or at least seen some of Beta to really get the importance of what's happening. Whereas Bastion relies on you knowing Arthas, like the one character even the most casual Warcraft-aware person could recognize. Or Ardenweald relies on you having played either Legion at any point, or just played a Druid ever.

I do not have beta and have not followed any of the story spoilers. How would you need any additional information to understand the importance of what is going on?

The video literally tells you. There are a group of houses who together protect/guard the Shadowlands. An entire house was somehow wiped out under suspicious circumstances. It's hard to know who is trustworthy. A second house was (at least attempted to be) wiped out by one or more of the remaining houses. The House of the Chosen now faces both the internal threat of one or both remaining other houses being traitors and the Shadowlands is on the brink of no longer having the forces that are supposed to protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I do not have beta and have not followed any of the story spoilers. How would you need any additional information to understand the importance of what is going on?

The video literally tells you. There are a group of houses who together protect/guard the Shadowlands. An entire house was somehow wiped out under suspicious circumstances. It's hard to know who is trustworthy. A second house was (at least attempted to be) wiped out by one or more of the remaining houses. The House of the Chosen now faces both the internal threat of one or both remaining other houses being traitors and the Shadowlands is on the brink of no longer having the forces that are supposed to protect it.
    Bastion: establishes that the cycle of death can be broken and how damaging that can be to the souls of the afterlife

Ardenweald: shows the dire circumstances that the beings sworn to protect our dead have to resort to simply what they can, [spoilers]even going so far as to sacrifice the soul of a god[/spoiler]

Maldraxxus: Zombies: Civil War

Like...I get they're the defenders of the Shadowlands. They're the first line of defense. But the video really didn't make me care about it. And I really don't think they did Draka's character justice in it either, but I don't think that the video would have been better if it focused on a different character. And if you liked it then awesome, I'm glad. But it really didn't tell us anything new. The Necrolords are fighting each other. We already knew that.

But it fell short of what I was hoping for. Which makes me even sadder since the Necrolords were the covenant I was wanting to join.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2020-09-11 at 12:37 AM.

But it fell short of what I was hoping for. Which makes me even sadder since the Necrolords were the covenant I was wanting to join.
    What if they purposely bombed necros and vamps because early data suggested very few players were gonna pick the other two (other than minmaxers) /conspiracy

I actually changed from necros to fae because I want to see if the winter queen has a good enough reason that will prevent me from murdering her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    What if they purposely bombed necros and vamps because early data suggested very few players were gonna pick the other two (other than minmaxers) /conspiracy

I actually changed from necros to fae because I want to see if the winter queen has a good enough reason that will prevent me from murdering her.
    The tears would never stop flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post

These things are storyboarded months in advance. I strongly doubt they purposefully bomb any of them based on the feels of people online. If you listened to forum natter, nobody wants to be a generic human male Paladin, but they're the most popular race-gender-class combo in the entire game last I checked. Bastion will be very popular with people that like this kind of theme, same for Ardenweald with anyone that likes druidic/wilderness themes.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

If they restore Southshore in a revamp I'm sold.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed, his lines absolutely hint at a world revamp. If that does come, I hope Gilneas becomes a true Alliance city again. I also wonder if so what sort of access there might be to the old world, given the initial reception to the changes in Cata and stuff going away for good.

If they restore Southshore in a revamp I'm sold.
    if they can clean up the goo and heal the land.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Ah well, now another 7 boring days with no news / cinematics. BORING.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Agreed, his lines absolutely hint at a world revamp. If that does come, I hope Gilneas becomes a true Alliance city again. I also wonder if so what sort of access there might be to the old world, given the initial reception to the changes in Cata and stuff going away for good.
    Ideally a world revamp would work in a vein similar to Exile's reach, where there is a new levelling path for all the new players, but old players can still choose to go to the old ones, there is afterall new mechanics in place already that lets the game store 2 instances of the same zone, even when the 2 look different.

As for endgame zones I just hope Blizzard doesnt make the same mistake they did in Cata, which was revamping the world and then just using it for levelling when it ideally should have been used for endgame stuff as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Ah well, now another 7 boring days with no news / cinematics. BORING.
    Take solace in knowing that each day brings us that much closer to the pre-patch, and in turn all the cool new stuff in Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Man I'm starting to feel like Sondrelk, i'm becoming torn on covenant choice. It's down between Ardenweald and Maldraxxus for me. I'm leaning Ardenweald but I am being tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Man I'm starting to feel like Sondrelk, i'm becoming torn on covenant choice. It's down between Ardenweald and Maldraxxus for me. I'm leaning Ardenweald but I am being tempted.
    Join us. Realize the supremacy of floating around in a kickass necropolis while chilling with skellingtons.
    You know you want to.
    The world revamp dream will never die!