Honestly that pic made me way more hyped. Hope it's Nathrezim related.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its way too much high quality for just a magazine, clearly PCGamer got some head up on whats going on in Shadowlands. 90% chance its true.
    I suppose. Still though, I am still not convinced there is a Jailer CGI in the works just yet, it could be made by Blizzard just as a part of a press package.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It's the Jailor. Same armor as the datamined model.

Error 404 - Signature not found

What would him being a Nathrezim add though? Specifically what would he add that Denathrius already hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What would him being a Nathrezim add though? Specifically what would he add that Denathrius already hasn't.
    More plot relevance. Denathrius being killed off in 9.0 makes him being the grandaddy of all nathrezim a bit less hype. Prob could say Jailer created Nathrezim, Denathrius was one of his chosen, and he went off and made his own creation (Venthyr).

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's the Jailor. Same armor as the datamined model.
    Oh, yeah I know, I'm just hoping the Nathrezim subplot is related to him.

The dude who made that spreadsheet isn't a high end raider and is basing everything off his feels. He has no credentials as a theorycrafter or high end player. If you're using it you might as well judge yourself

I know some of it is straightup wrong (with the conduit, Venthyr is BiS for every mage spec)

More plot relevance. Denathrius being killed off in 9.0 makes him being the grandaddy of all nathrezim a bit less hype. Prob could say Jailer created Nathrezim, Denathrius was one of his chosen, and he went off and made his own creation (Venthyr).

The dude doesn't even look like a dreadlord. If gray skin and pointy ears were enough to be a dreadlord, all Blackrock Orcs would be dreadlords.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Picking a Covenant on Paladin also locks your spec for the expansion.
    Current numbers are not final and will NEVER be (ok, maybe during 9.3.5 months after progression you will have 'final' numbers). If you're min-maxer you should always realize there is possibility you will switch covenant after a random hotfix. And only thing that it will require will be: doing few more quests/dungeons to cap Renown, maybe farming some conduits (check my question below) and later week cooldown when you're going back to Cov you already 'visited'. Pain in the ass, I understand, but nowhere near BfA/Legion grind.

(now question for people in Beta: Conduits collection is shared for covenants or separate for each one?)

Also it will be weeks before you will get optimal performance in every spec anyway. From what I understand farming single legendary takes 2 weeks, right?

If you're not min-maxer and want play all specs I can clearly see two viable choices for you even in current iteration. And we're talking about 'worst case class' right?

The dude doesn't even look like a dreadlord. If gray skin and pointy ears were enough to be a dreadlord, all Blackrock Orcs would be dreadlords.
    He looks like a naked dreadlord without horns, not identical, and he isn't one of them obviously, but they could be related to him and Denathrius.

Wasnt there that post-raid questline where you learn that Denathrius is not actually dead though? I believe you lock him into a sword or something.

Wasnt there that post-raid questline where you learn that Denathrius is not actually dead though? I believe you lock him into a sword or something.
    Yeah, i suspect he will be back. Just makes more sense imo for the whole dreadlord conspiracy plot to be relevant to the expansion's main bad guy.

Yeah, i suspect he will be back. Just makes more sense imo for the whole dreadlord conspiracy plot to be relevant to the expansion's main bad guy.
    I guess I could see Zovaal being related to the Dreadlords if we are going for a High Council of Nathrezim thing where there is a level of Dreadlord above Tichondrius and Denathrius and what have you that are hidden somewhere.
    If that was the case then I could see Zovaal be on that council, or at least used to be. Even if it would cheapen the Dreadlords to show that their leaders just looks like slightly off humans.

The shitshow is that you can't choose the covenant you actually want when there is this huge difference between them. You have to pick one of the one or two actually good ones. Sucks to be you if your favorite covenant aesthetically or storywise is the one with worst ability that is a actual DPS loss to you.
    I mean you definitely can. Constant huge differences between classes for 15 years hasn't stopped people from playing whatever class they want instead of the 1-2 top ones for a given activity. Nothing the covenants do is going to make up for the differences in classes, so you should really be worrying more about how you're being locked into specific classes you don't want to play than what covenant you have to pick.

And then there are gems like Paladins:

NONE of the specs share good covenant. Picking a Covenant on Paladin also locks your spec for the expansion.
    I'm still confused what chart you're looking at. You can go Kyrian or Night fae and be perfectly fine as any spec if you're obsessed with following the meta. You could also just pick the covenant you want and deal with not having bonus powers in every situation.

Dreadlords being a subplot in Shadowlands is one of the best pleasant surprises so far honestly, I hope something comes out of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean you definitely can. Constant huge differences between classes for 15 years hasn't stopped people from playing whatever class they want instead of the 1-2 top ones for a given activity. Nothing the covenants do is going to make up for the differences in classes, so you should really be worrying more about how you're being locked into specific classes you don't want to play than what covenant you have to pick.

I'm still confused what chart you're looking at. You can go Kyrian or Night fae and be perfectly fine as any spec if you're obsessed with following the meta. You could also just pick the covenant you want.
    worth noting that the guy who made the spreadsheet is banned from the Paladin discord per his own words (you can find it in the OP), with the implication that it was related to the sheet being very bad/misleading

Dreadlords being a subplot in Shadowlands is one of the best pleasant surprises so far honestly, I hope something comes out of it though.
    It's hard to tell where the back half of the expansion will go, but honestly it feels more like setup for later expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's hard to tell where the back half of the expansion will go, but honestly it feels more like setup for later expansions.
    the book that was found recently makes it sound a lot like they serve the Jailer, especially with the "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one" line.

Still a bit disappointed they made him such a generic bald demonic Thanos.
    I get the original concept looked too Titan-y, but it was more interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    worth noting that the guy who made the spreadsheet is banned from the Paladin discord per his own words (you can find it in the OP), with the implication that it was related to the sheet being very bad/misleading
    Aaaaaand that would be all, folks!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Just if it is only Drust in the sense we have already seen them. We could still amalgamate it into a more comprehensive "Vrykul" raid with the return of Helya, the Drust invasion, Val'kyr and Forsworn etc.
    MAW OF SOULS WAS MERELY A SETBACK! has to be included if we're doing helya rezzes.