Well I hit the matress.

See you guys tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Well I hit the matress.

See you guys tomorrow.
    Safe journey to Ny'alotha!

out of interest have they ever used the redone uthers tomb for anything story wise?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Eh, since the original post was about comedic tone, Blizzard has already given us that. They've put players in their place by going against their wishes and releasing Vulpera and Pandaren. They can do it again, and more cosmetics and classes are always welcome. The game isn't going to be grimdark every time.

Engineering isn't even capable of being used all throughout combat. There's no archetype it fulfills.

Even Vulpera and Panderen still maintain in-universe seriousness despite being lighthearted, Panderen with the whole Sha business and Vulpera literally were being enslaved and killed.

They are good examples of how to add in lighthearted, even comedic elements to WoW without breaking immersion.

Gnomes and Goblins are literally just for laughs, I mean the recent Goblin scenario literally has them in a place called Crapopolis. This kinda thing is fine in isolated infrequent events but to have an entire classes based off of this would be a thematic eyesore when compared to rest of the game.

My point was that Engineer and Tinker have glaring overlap, obviously a Tinker would be the most prestigious level of engineering, but nothing about Tinkers has to do with supernatural or magical ability that would require an inhuman brain or physical body.

Going off of this a successful human Mage who is also an engineer would have zero reason to be unable to be a Tinker as well. But most Tinker advocates say humans aren't allowed to be Tinkers. It would be too inconsistent at best and straight up stupid at worst like certain races originally being unable to be warriors pre-cata. The intellect required to be a Tinker pales in comparison to the requirements to be a good Warlock or Mage, and since almost everyone can be mages, almost everyone should be able to be Tinkers.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnorris View Post
    out of interest have they ever used the redone uthers tomb for anything story wise?
    I think it was used for Paladin class hall stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wrath of the Bolvar is like the worst expansion name I’ve read this leak season. It’s even worse than Delver of Shadows. Although Sisters of Sorrow sounds cheesy I like it. Awakenings or Ascension is still my favorite next to anything related to the “Black Empire”.
    WOAH! WoW WoW WoW, stop right there! Wrath of the Bolvar makes sense!

What is this? Fake leak season? Come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Even Vulpera and Panderen still maintain in-universe seriousness despite being lighthearted, Panderen with the whole Sha business and Vulpera literally were being enslaved and killed.

They are good examples of how to add in lighthearted, even comedic elements to WoW without breaking immersion.

Gnomes and Goblins are literally just for laughs, I mean the recent Goblin scenario literally has them in a place called Crapopolis. This kinda thing is fine in isolated infrequent events but to have an entire classes based off of this would be a thematic eyesore when compared to rest of the game.

My point was that Engineer and Tinker have glaring overlap, obviously a Tinker would be the most prestigious level of engineering, but nothing about Tinkers has to do with supernatural or magical ability that would require an inhuman brain or physical body.

Going off of this a successful human Mage who is also an engineer would have zero reason to be unable to be a Tinker as well. But most Tinker advocates say humans aren't allowed to be Tinkers. It would be too inconsistent at best and straight up stupid at worst like certain races originally being unable to be warriors pre-cata.
    They don't need to be limited to comedy. I'm pretty sure the Tinker unit wasn't even like that in W3. I think Tinker advocates generally want a playable mech/machinist class, and not some profession that is relegated to something that's as useful as a trinket and some gem sockets.

Let's be real here, Engineering is never going to be that useful for the sake of keeping professions (and the classes it supplements) balanced. Tinker is different from engineering, and can be expanded upon, just as Necromancer and Dark Ranger can be offshoots or expansions of Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I think it was used for Paladin class hall stuff.
    I could be wrong, but I think they didn't revamp Uther's tomb until BFA and it hasn't been used for anything yet that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would be a weird twist, since the Talon Guard in WoW are all Arrakoa.
    Wrathions personal spies are called Blacktalon Agents. I don't see it being an exclusive word for arrakoa.

I assume this is where the name Talonguard was derived from to give the leak more of a dragon-related name. Razor probably wasn't aware it was associated Arrakoa, not that it matters. Monks were the name of Scarlet Monastery priests too.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-10-23 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Everyone in the MCU can not build and pilot the Iron Man suit. Tony Stark can because he's a super-genius-level engineer.

The same applies to the WC universe. Blackfuse, Mekkatorque, King Mechagon, Maleficent Manastorm, and possibly Gazlowe can build advanced machines without the aid of schematics or specific materials (that's what profession engineers do).

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Eh, since the original post was about comedic tone, Blizzard has already given us that. They've put players in their place by going against their wishes and releasing Vulpera and Pandaren. They can do it again, and more cosmetics and classes are always welcome. The game isn't going to be grimdark every time.

Engineering isn't even capable of being used all throughout combat. There's no archetype it fulfills.
    I'd seen vulpera and mechagnomes be requested since 8.0 BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Everyone in the MCU can not build and pilot the Iron Man suit. Tony Stark can because he's a super-genius-level engineer.
    Like Black Panther?

where is our treat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    where is our treat
    Off to bed, like me, cya !

where is our treat
    In Razor's ass.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think they didn't revamp Uther's tomb until BFA and it hasn't been used for anything yet that I'm aware of.
    Think you are right. Uther's Tomb was changed before and that was what I thought this was about as I didn't know it was changed again for BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    where is our treat
    Fake like "Leaks"

OI! @razorpax can we have our treat!!!
    Last edited by Thatch Rackham; 2019-10-23 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    @razorpax

Your silence is deafening, bruh.
    I know right? lol
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

So razor's stuff is nonsense, then? Kind of hard to follow because this thread adds 20 pages when I look away.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    We're roasting Jericho specifically because he has had the correct info before.

- - - Updated - - -

*fixed it for you

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, DKs had to bail him out repeatedly.
    Lol, Got'em!
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle