With the reemergence of the black dragonflight and the addition of DI dwarves as an allied race, it's hard for me to imagine that any world revamp wouldn't include something related to Blackrock Mountain. If not a revamp of the existing dungeons, then at least a new addition to it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those two mysterious loading screens bug me because I swear I've seen them before. And of course FFXIV doesn't list their loading screen art anywhere like WoW does on the wikis.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    With the reemergence of the black dragonflight and the addition of DI dwarves as an allied race, it's hard for me to imagine that any world revamp wouldn't include something related to Blackrock Mountain. If not a revamp of the existing dungeons, then at least a new addition to it.
    Hall of Thanes could be that, right? Looks a bit like something in Blackrock Mountain imho. And Thanes sounds like a badass Dwarf.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This screenshot is weird to me - a level 65 would be higher than a 120 now - but he has 16k hp? They'd do a stat squish again already?
    Seems likely to me to combine level squish with stats squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hall of Thanes could be that, right? Looks a bit like something in Blackrock Mountain imho. And Thanes sounds like a badass Dwarf.
    Thanes are the leaders of the Wildhammer Dwarves. I believe the term shows up in Dark Irons as well but not for leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You made me actually examine that image and what in the hell is that dungeon set? Pirates, Void, Scourge, Nyalotha, Marudon, Caverns of Time, Dragon Isles.

That has literally no unifying theme. It doesn't even look like a world revamp expansion.
    It actually makes sense within the context of the "leak", seeing as Awakenings (boy, that is an awkward title) is supposed to be "...as diverse as possible, you will see pretty much all of the enemy types (even the Legion)".

That and some of them do make sense in the context of a world revamp, seeing as they (Valimar's castle, Terramok, the Hall of Thanes, "pirate land" which I assume is Plunder Isle) are places that exist within the lore (or within the lore of the table-top) that we have yet to explore in-game.

While I'm convinced it's a fake, the "leaker" has actually remained surprisingly consistent.

There has to be a stat squish if there is a level squish.

Hall of Thanes is supposedly Old Ironforge according to someone in the other general discussion.

I agree that Dark Iron Dwarves + Black Dragons (maybe including a new Dragonman AR) would point to at least SOMETHING going down in Blackrock... but maybe it's a peaceful area because of those two groups becoming good guys?

A quick Google says that Hall of Thanes is an area attached to Old Ironforge.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Seems likely to me to combine level squish with stats squish.
    Or it's fake and that's the correct health for a 65 on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think the biggest indicator that the leak is fake, just looking at that dungeon list, is that it seems like Kalimdor barely exists anymore.

Mauradon and Caverns of Time are the only dungeons for Kalimdor PLUS maybe the void dungeon.
    Why that? A lot of those dungeons could be in Kalimdor. Heck even the Scourge thing could be on Kalimdor if they wanted it to be. Or the pirate ship or whatever. How can you rule out those dungeons for Kalimdor?

The Hall of Thanes is already a thing, it is basically Old Ironforge.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Old_Ironforge

10+ Year Old Account
    Why that? A lot of those dungeons could be in Kalimdor. Heck even the Scourge thing could be on Kalimdor if they wanted it to be. Or the pirate ship or whatever. How can you rule out those dungeons for Kalimdor?
    Pirate one is literally tagged STV. And why would Bolvar suddenly move into Kalimdor?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    A quick Google says that Hall of Thanes is an area attached to Old Ironforge.
    Oh yeah gimme those drill machines from Ironforge to Blackrock. At least I was correct with the Dwarf and the Blackrock style.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    There has to be a stat squish if there is a level squish.
    I take that back. There doesn't have to be a stat squish. We just go to what the stats are right now at level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pirate one is literally tagged STV. And why would Bolvar suddenly move into Kalimdor?
    You’re right, I missed that STV for Stranglethorn Valley I suppose? But what’s PH? NYI is not yet implemented I suppose but PH?

5+ Year Old Account
    You’re right, I missed that STV for Stranglethorn Valley I suppose? But what’s PH? NYI is not yet implemented I suppose but PH?
    PH is Place Holder

10+ Year Old Account
    PH is Placeholder, in early Beta you'll see a lot of mobs with titles of <PH - Model>. Like you said NYI is Not Yet Implemented.

Also it's probably Stranglethorn Vale. Which is odd considering that zone is split in half back in Cata and I doubt Blizz re-merges them even in a revamp expansion.

Remember that fake leak for BFA where someone dredged up an old Proudmoore admiral who was only mentioned once in a now-deleted letter?

People go through Wowpedia to find obscure locations and names to make their leak sound legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inglorion View Post
    That and some of them do make sense in the context of a world revamp, seeing as they (Valimar's castle, Terramok, the Hall of Thanes, "pirate land" which I assume is Plunder Isle) are places that exist within the lore (or within the lore of the table-top) that we have yet to explore in-game.
    Yeah that's the core of every good fake leak.