Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Tortollans in Exile's Reach. I wonder what else you can find, like the Ettin that just throws you.
    COOL IMAGE GOES HERE
    Ah wow, I just discovered the Etin for myself today! Where are the Tortollan found though? Gives me an excuse to run through Exile's Reach again now!

Doing Blockades for 60% of a level when you're level 49 feels kinda dirty, but I like it This freedom to level wherever & however really is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So apparently new toons could get HoA at lvl 10 which makes sense because you’re supposed to play through BfA if you are a new player....apparently that was unintentional and you need lvl40 for it
    You arent supposed to get the Heart of Azeroth until you cap.

The whole Magni questchain gets delayed until that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    7 week prepatch makes sense for an event like the huge Legion invasions. Honestly I'm loving all the new 9.0 stuff but not enough that it justifies a over a month. People who came back for the prepatch WILL unsubscribe/refund by then. Third week of November at latest
    People are unlocking allied races and leveling alts. The revamped leveling experience is more than any pre patch before had to offer, even if a lot of players don't level alts. Heck I have 11 characters maxed / almost maxed (every class except Warrior) out and even I think about starting a new toon on an allied race, just because.

7 or 8 weeks of this pre patch are not a problem, they're pretty much a given and necessary because Shadowlands isn't ready any sooner than early December.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Speaking of that cinematic though. Anyone wonder why Turalyon is already in Stormwind keep taking hte place of Anduin when he isnt supposed to have been kidnapped yet? The Legion pre-patch managed ot make a distinction between before and after Varian goes to the Broken Shore/is killed.

Makes you wonder whether Blizzard intended the pre-patch events to start immediately, and Turalyon taking the place of Anduin is an artifact of that.

Or I guess maybe Blizzard just wanted the new WPvP achievements ot be available immediately.
    I think they just didn't want to create another proper world state for this. They could have just put it behind a condition like "started preevent or has started shadowlands introduction quest", but for some reason they just made this the default one. Not very elegant, but also not much of a big deal, we already had voljin standing next to Sylvanas next to Garrosh for years, so it hardly matters .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Man, talking about the ending of BfA just makes me sad.
    I remember when BfA started and I defended it's niggles because I so desperately wanted it to be the south seas/naval expansion I always wanted. And then 8.3 just shat all over my dreams. (Or I supppose 8.2.5 did when Sylvanas ran away)
    So much potential, so many story threads, and they pretty much all went nowhere.
    Now hear me out: BfA wouldn't have been such a mess if they completely cut the faction war nonsense. I'm unlocking allied races from BfA and the stories are not bad. Actually, they're pretty good. Zandalar and Kul Tiras have plenty of good stories and lore which would have made a really good expansion.

If Blizzard would have focused on those continent-specific storylines and served us the South Seas expansion, heck even with N'zoth but built up throughout the entire expansion instead of the awful war campaign and faction stuff, this could have been a really great thing.

The potential was there. But it was doomed from the start because of the whole faction war thing that - to this day - makes no sense and served no real purpose.

Somewhere inside BfA is a great expansion hidden. Imagine they went all in with South Seas / Old God and we had Essences shortly after launch, this expansion could have rivaled Legion or the good/great ones before that. But as it ended, it rivaled WoD, which is a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is this what Blizzard is spending their time in?!?!?
    If future tier sets looked like this I want them to keep them locked away in a drawer... forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I mean to me it's almost a reason not buy a 6-month sub. Not because I need to "punish Blizz" or whatever, because goddamn I sure as fuck don't want that shit appearing in my transmog options.
    Well you could just not accept the gift, but then you have that icon flashing for eternity in your login screen.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quoting this from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    The new Christie Golden book, which was supposed to come out a week before the launch, was delayed again, from Nov 24 to Dec 3. So I guess they are planning the launch on Dec 8 or Dec 15.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...tern-kingdoms/
    What are the implications for yet another delay of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

It is unlikely the book requires more dev time at this point.

The original release was timed ~1 week before the expansion, and it was delayed when the expansion delay was announced. It does feel like they are sticking to the "release the book just before the expansion" -plan and every delay to the book seemingly pushed the expansion further back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

I mnean it's an actual physical product. There might be real issues with the printing due to the pandemic, I don't see how it would relate to the game launch, as the book is utter fluff, even more so than the interim books we usually get.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mnean it's an actual physical product. There might be real issues with the printing due to the pandemic, I don't see how it would relate to the game launch, as the book is utter fluff, even more so than the interim books we usually get.
    I would imagine that the book delay being announced right after the expansion delay was no coincidence, though I don't think Blizzard is dead set on making it launch exactly a week before, but maybe rather that they don't want it releasing too far in advance. If they want the expansion and the book to release at the same time, or have the book release a week after I could see it happening.

Doesnt look good for a first week of December release though.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could just not accept the gift, but then you have that icon flashing for eternity in your login screen.
    Yeah lol exactly it's like then I've just got a flashing icon forever reminding me that a clown outfit is waiting for me. Currently I'm not on a six month sub and I guess I sure won't be until this goes away. At least if it's a dumb mount it just gets buried under a pile of hundreds of mounts and the dozens I have favourite'd.

Agree - it's hard to see how this could even be marketing cross-linking really. Printing seems more likely to be an issue. If it were marketing, it's not going to make a difference if a book goes on the shelves two weeks before the expansion goes live or one day, so long as it's on the shelves. It wouldn't be ideal for it to be later than the expansion, but again I don't think it's huge so long as it's in stores well before Christmas. So I can't read much into this.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-10-21 at 12:19 PM.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Beta related: did they just remove the target dummies in Oribos from the Covenant sanctum? I wanted to try those skills out, but only the tank dummies are left and they're wrecking my Enhancement Shaman, e.g. I can't test anything.

Interesting thing on the sprite darter chest: The upper part actually draws above your cape.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Interesting thing on the sprite darter chest: The upper part actually draws above your cape.
    That is actually the case with most chestpieces that has 3D elements that high up. Same happens with the Worgen heritage armor and the extra padding around the shoulders.
    Just goes to show how slapdash the transmog system really is all things considered.

What's gonna happen to the Warfronts if people stop contributing?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What's gonna happen to the Warfronts if people stop contributing?
    I don't actually think they were ever tied to contributions.

That is actually the case with most chestpieces that has 3D elements that high up. Same happens with the Worgen heritage armor and the extra padding around the shoulders.
    Just goes to show how slapdash the transmog system really is all things considered.
    In this case, that seems to be fully intentional, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They are, partially, which is why they aren't fully synchronous. But they will still auto-complete after a week or so even if nobody contributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I believe tehre is some correlation, though I believe there is a baseline increase in the contribution meter. Players contributing makes the bar go quicker, but no players contributing wouldnt make the bar stop.
    If the bar was completely disconnected then there would be no reason for Alliance and Horde to have different speeds at which they finish the contribution phase.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They are, partially, which is why they aren't fully synchronous. But they will still auto-complete after a week or so even if nobody contributes.
    Great! That means I can farm them for the rest of my life. Priestess' Moonsaber will be mine, someday.