Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Idk whether you are acting stupid or just want to get under my skin, but there this thing called:

- - - Updated - - -

OT: I still think it's Alleria

And with "think" i mean that i'm pretty confident as, you all know, Blizzards "subtlety" is comparable to a diseased chimp juggling rotten Durian fruit.
    Oh, no.. I know exactly what you meant, but applying that kind of logic means you could apply that to basically any characters circumstance.

The only person it really, truly fits is Sylvanas - she's already died twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If it was a literal death then the only likely suspect would be Sylvanas as she is the only prominent character who has actually died.
    I'm sure it will be Sylvanas as well - she's actually died, twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The subject of the "third death" prophecy was clearly the very World Soul of Azeroth.

"At the hour of her third death..."

First death: The Sundering
    Second death: The Cataclysm
    Third death: The sword of Sargeras

"... she ushers in our coming"

The Heart of Azeroth, which the World Soul granted to her children, was used by Azshara to break the titan chains and free N'Zoth, as Il'gynoth predicted.

I realized pretty quickly that that Alleria's dialogue was a clear red herring. Blizzard is not THAT blatant with its prophecies.

Blizzard's writing is very bad at times, but they handle mystery very well. This entire N'Zoth plot is inter-connected between several expansions and Blizzard handled the mystery masterfully. It was never going to be that obvious. As soon as I heard Alleria say "I feel like I've already died twice...", and remembering the "third death" whisper, I knew it couldn't be that straight-forward. It never is, with the Old Gods. Even now there are hints that N'Zoth is still alive, scheming in the shadows.
    Or, y'know, Sylvanas. Seeing as she's the character that's actually died twice.

The hour of her third death, i.e. hopefully the one we'll get to carry out, she may very well "usher our coming".

"Little more than anecdotal evidence"; when I provided several official sources. You have no point to make. You have been spewing headcanon non-stop. It's hard to make a point when you have no ground to stand on because you're relying solely on headcanon.
    Alleria is in the most control of her void powers & yet a literal torrent of void creatures jumped out of her to get at the Sunwell during the Nightborne intro questline. "It won't happen again" & "My preoccupation with the Sunwell is purely nostalgic & nothing to do with the void energy inside me" is the void inherently making them delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    The hour of her third death, i.e. hopefully the one we'll get to carry out, she may very well "ushers out coming".
    The old gods are all dead. The coming was 8.3. Alleria literally refers to her being turned away from the sunwell as "her third death". Some of the whispers may have referred to the opening of the shadowlands, but after that they are no longer important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Alleria is in the most control of her void powers & yet a literal torrent of void creatures jumped out of her to get at the Sunwell during the Nightborne intro questline. "It won't happen again" & "My preoccupation with the Sunwell is purely nostalgic & nothing to do with the void energy inside me" is the void inherently making them delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

The old gods are all dead. The coming was 8.3. Alleria literally refers to her being turned away from the sunwell as "her third death". Some of the whispers may have referred to the opening of the shadowlands, but after that they are no longer important.
    Alleria hasn't died twice though - her consuming the void wasn't a death, at all.

Compare to, y'know, Sylvanas who actually died when Arthas killed her (#1) and when she jumped off Icecrown and killed herself (#2). No doubt she'll "die" again in Shadowlands, so, uh, yeah.

The hour of her third death, i.e. hopefully the one we'll get to carry out, she may very well "usher our coming".
    The problem with Sylvanas is that it would only technically be her 3rd death, as that would require to forget about one of them because the next will be her 4th. She died once to Arthas, once to Godfrey and once to an insertion accident with one of the spikes in Icecrown.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    No one is saying that the other races are safer but Void Elves and Alleria willingly deal with powers they have no control over. They are pretty much asking to be controlled by thinking they have control over the Void when they dont even know that.

I mean, yeah, they arent much different to the Twilights Hammer in that regard. They just think they cant handle the power (PS: They cant)
    They literally use the Void as a weapon. Play a Void elf toon and tell me with a straight face that you can't control the Void.

The Scouring, when Amanthul ripped out Y'shaarj
    Not valid. The only one who ever references such an event is Xal'atath, who is not a reliable source at all. Of course an Old God minion would think that the destruction of the Black Empire is a catastrophe.

- - - Updated - - -

That incident happened because Alleria approached a fount of pure Light energy. It was a bad idea, but it's also extremely unlikely to happen again. Unless Alleria returns to the Sunwell because she wants to bring great ruin upon the blood elves, which she could easily do by the way.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    but applying that kind of logic means you could apply that to basically any characters circumstance.
    That's the point of it, it's a cryptic voice line of a void minion.
    It's vague and applicable to many things on purpose...

The only person it really, truly fits is Sylvanas - she's already died twice.
    She died thrice, Arthas -> suicide -> Godfrey.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The problem with Sylvanas is that it would only technically be her 3rd death, as that would require to forget about one of them because the next will be her 4th. She died once to Arthas, once to Godfrey and once to an insertion accident with one of the spikes in Icecrown.
    The justification is that she is not the same person she was before Arthas killed her.
    Sylvanas the defender of Silvermoon is dead and gone, however Sylvanas the Banshee queen ahs only died twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly? "The hour of her third death". She's only died TWICE (Arthas + suicide), her third is yet to come.
    She was killed by Godfrey during the Silverpine forest questline back in Cata. Which means you either need to ignore that death, or more likely assume Sylvanas is a different person ever since she was raised by Arthas. Which to be fair is not difficult when you are already dealing with slightly poetic language only meant ot sound clear in retrospect.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

That's the point of it, it's a cryptic voice line of a void minion.
    It's vague and applicable to many things on purpose...

She died thrice, Arthas -> suicide -> Godfrey.
    Does that one really count though? She "died", but she never went to the Shadowlands. She was more so rezzed like how players are, dead but not dead-dead? It seems like something that happened but has literally never been mentioned about again.

Does that one really count though? She "died", but she never went to the Shadowlands. She was more so rezzed like how players are, dead but not dead-dead? It seems like something that happened but has literally never been mentioned about again.
    She had to be ressurected using the Val'kyr, meaning that her death to Godfrey is as valid as her suicide at least.

Alleria literally says "This feels like my third death" and you people are like 'no that can't be right. It has to be sylvanas in this much more contrived way"

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The justification is that she is not the same person she was before Arthas killed her.
    Sylvanas the defender of Silvermoon is dead and gone, however Sylvanas the Banshee queen ahs only died twice.
    That's semantics. Maybe it counts like that, maybe not. While it would be typical for old god fortune teller bullshit (being so vague that everything fits somehow), making definitive statements based on that is a just as much speculation as counting figurative deaths of Azeroth or any other bint grazing on her.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That's semantics. Maybe it counts like that, maybe not. While it would be typical for old god fortune teller bullshit (being so vague that everything fits somehow), making definitive statements based on that is a just as much speculation as counting figurative deaths of Azeroth or any other bint grazing on her.
    Not being able to state anything with definite certainty is kinda the point though. Having to consider weird out there possibilites is half the fun when it will most likely be something obvious.
    And to be pperfectly honest, Sylvanas being counted as a different person before being ressurected as Arthas so the 3 deaths thing fits is possibly hte most obvious the twist will become.

They literally use the Void as a weapon. Play a Void elf toon and tell me with a straight face that you can't control the Void.

Not valid. The only one who ever references such an event is Xal'atath, who is not a reliable source at all. Of course an Old God minion would think that the destruction of the Black Empire is a catastrophe.

That incident happened because Alleria approached a fount of pure Light energy. It was a bad idea, but it's also extremely unlikely to happen again. Unless Alleria returns to the Sunwell because she wants to bring great ruin upon the blood elves, which she could easily do by the way.
    Yeah, you control the void because it is just a type of magical school, just like the Arcane. You do not control the Void Lords etc. who whisper to you. You are very much their puppet lest they need it.

And it is completely valid because the event happened? Like, what, do you think the Well of Eternity just popped up? Chronicles explicitly refers to the event, it just didnt have a name lol

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria literally says "This feels like my third death" and you people are like 'no that can't be right. It has to be sylvanas in this much more contrived way"
    People give way too much credit to Blizzard. They are not always trying to play 3D chess, and usually they arent.

Not everything has to be some unforseen twist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda reminds of when everyone speculated about who the "Boy-king" was lol.
    As if there ever was a chance to be someone other than Anduin.

As i said, Blizzard can't do subtlety.
    When character X says something that fits into the context of whatever cryptic bullshit they came up with, it is said character.
    Just like every damn time.

Formerly known as Arafal

People give way too much credit to Blizzard. They are not always trying to play 3D chess, and usually they arent.

Not everything has to be some unforseen twist.
    But isn't that exactly the point? She flat out states it, there is nothing 3D chess about it, it isn't even chess. It's plainly stated, so that a middle schooler could take note of it. It wouldn't even be much of a twist at that point because it's that obvious. Her mind is the only thing that is holding the void back for now, once that stops working who knows what will happen. On the contrary, even though I can't stand our resident Slyvnas fanatic over there, it's true that not counting her actual first death is much more of "twist" (more like forcing the square peg into the round hole) than going with a character that states it herself.

I wouldn't even call that "giving Blizzard credit", because that is precisely the kind of obvious writing that we've seen time and time again from Blizzard.

Just interested where does she say that? And in what context? What would be the her first and second death?

Yeah, you control the void because it is just a type of magical school, just like the Arcane. You do not control the Void Lords etc. who whisper to you. You are very much their puppet lest they need it.

And it is completely valid because the event happened? Like, what, do you think the Well of Eternity just popped up? Chronicles explicitly refers to the event, it just didnt have a name lol
    Except you said they don't control the Void, which is blatantly false. Now you're backtracking.

And just like the Void elves don't control the Void Lords, the Void Lords don't control the Void elves.

I don't remember Chronicles ever painting it as a cataclysmic event.

The one who frames it as a cataclysmic event is Xal'atath, as she mentions how there was a "great upheaval of the land", referring to the scouring of the Black Empire after the titan creations devastated it. That is not a valid nor reliable source.

It wasn't Alleria, lol. She literally didn't play a role in the N'Zoth storyline. "Our coming" referred to N'Zoth's coming, as Il'gynoth is his minion.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-31 at 06:23 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Just interested where does she say that? And in what context? What would be the her first and second death?
    During one of the BfA comics Alleria states it feels like she has died twice before. I cannot quite remember one of them, but I do remember the other was when Draenor exploded.
    Thinking about it, I wonder if the other one was when she became a Void Elf.

Kinda reminds of when everyone speculated about who the "Boy-king" was lol.
    As if there ever was a chance to be someone other than Anduin.
    Well, not like that line amounted to anything useful so far. Regardless of who it refers to, we can neither tell whether it refers to a past or future event nor what that event is supposed to be.

3+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, Nathanos Blightcaller and Sira Moonwarden have been tasked by the Dark Lady with a terrifying gambit: to kill the troll loa of death himself, Bwonsamdi.

As Zekhan and Talanji work to save Bwonsamdi, their journey will be a key turning point in bolstering the Horde against the coming darkness and finding themselves along the way. Failure to save their allies and the trickster god will surely doom them—but through success, they may rediscover what makes the Horde strong.

You know, I'm really glad they didn't decide to kill off Bwonsamdi. The Horde would've felt less interesting to me with another character who's often allied with them gone
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.