The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that 9.2 will be Drust and Helya. We had the (relatively) recent revelation that Helya's domain is not actually in the Shadowlands, but instead somethin in-between, whichh to me fits perfectly with the idea of the Drust being druids that are both using the realms of life and death.

My personal guess is that Thros will be revealed as a middle point between life and death and death and we will have to go there to stop Helya again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that 9.2 will be Drust and Helya. We had the (relatively) recent revelation that Helya's domain is not actually in the Shadowlands, but instead somethin in-between, whichh to me fits perfectly with the idea of the Drust being druids that are both using the realms of life and death.

My personal guess is that Thros will be revealed as a middle point between life and death and death and we will have to go there to stop Helya again.
    I agree, but I think less based on any lore particulars but based on the fact that they will want a Vrykul themed patch for Wrath 2 (where we first got our taste of Vrykul).

I don't think Helya will be a boss again, or Gorak Tul (as we know him), so I'm not sure exactly what we will be fighting. Maybe a Valkyr version of Helya?

Vrykul are the one thing tying Ardenweald and Bastion together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I agree, but I think less based on any lore particulars but based on the fact that they will want a Vrykul themed patch for Wrath 2 (where we first got our taste of Vrykul).

I don't think Helya will be a boss again, or Gorak Tul (as we know him), so I'm not sure exactly what we will be fighting. Maybe a Valkyr version of Helya?

Vrykul are the one thing tying Ardenweald and Bastion together.
    It does actually fit perfectly with the potential 9.1 Kel'thuzad/Scourge/Necrolord raid that is hinted at, leading into the final 9.3 Jailer raid that will likely include Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Maybe, but I think he could break free at some point. Zalazane was captured by him, and he eventually did
    Alternately, the encounter could be about us preventing said breakout.

Speaking of the future patches, I guess this is a decent time to take stock of where the covenants are and what is likely to remain unanswered in 3 weeks.

Necrolords fro instance seems to not yet have a resolution in sight regarding avenging Krexus by defeating Vyraz which seems to again point to 9.1 being Necrolord focused in a similar manner to 9.0 being Venthyr focused.

Bastion of course ends the way it does and Venthyr is pretty much over and done with now that the raid is done, but what about Night Fae? What dnagling plot threads are likely to show up in a potential 9.1 covenant questline continuation?

Speaking of the future patches, I guess this is a decent time to take stock of where the covenants are and what is likely to remain unanswered in 3 weeks.

Necrolords fro instance seems to not yet have a resolution in sight regarding avenging Krexus by defeating Vyraz which seems to again point to 9.1 being Necrolord focused in a similar manner to 9.0 being Venthyr focused.

Bastion of course ends the way it does and Venthyr is pretty much over and done with now that the raid is done, but what about Night Fae? What dnagling plot threads are likely to show up in a potential 9.1 covenant questline continuation?
    The night fae I think will have the drust to deal with in a 9.1 raid

9.1 will also bring nerfs to venari rep requirements and maybe some being account wide

Maw dungeon

Possible necroLord raid simply to finish off the traitor since KT gets removed from the story

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The night fae I think will have the drust to deal with in a 9.1 raid

9.1 will also bring nerfs to venari rep requirements and maybe some being account wide

Maw dungeon

Possible necroLord raid simply to finish off the traitor since KT gets removed from the story
    Kel thuzad is still active though, just not in Maldraxxus specifically.

The Drust/Helya/Night Fae raid feels like 9.2 content.

Helya is linked to Bastion, she doesn't really fit in there. Drust seem to just have taken advantage of the Drought to stage their own invasion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Helya is linked to Bastion, she doesn't really fit in there. Drust seem to just have taken advantage of the Drought to stage their own invasion, though.
    Helya could be linked to Drust through the common Vrykul connection. She is also linked to Ardenweald through the admittedly flimsy connection with Muehzala.

Helya could be linked to Drust through the common Vrykul connection. She is also linked to Ardenweald through the admittedly flimsy connection with Muehzala.
    She introduces herself as the leader of the Mawsworn. Not seeing it.

She introduces herself as the leader of the Mawsworn. Not seeing it.
    Mawsworn are more important for Bastion of course, but Helya is still important for Vrykul, and since the Drust are in fact Vrykul I think it fitting that the two can be combined.

That being said, I do agree Helya is more fitting as the leader of the Mawsworn, more so now that the rest of their leadership is gone. I could even see a cool final boss where she gets the cool Val'kyr model we never got to see.

Mostly my theory is based on the recentish revelation that the Maw of Souls is not actually in the Shadowlands, which could tie well with a revelation that Thros might be similarly Shadowlands adjacent as was said of Helyas domain.

And of course I think clumping all the Vrykul stuff into a larger Thros patch could work pretty well.

Mawsworn are more important for Bastion of course, but Helya is still important for Vrykul, and since the Drust are in fact Vrykul I think it fitting that the two can be combined.
    You're putting far to much stock into that connection. The Drust appear to have completely cut relations, including to the Vrykul afterlives, going to Thros instead of the Halls or Helheim. And then cursed themselves stuck in there or something. The Vrykul connection is never even mentioned or hinted at ingame.

That being said, I do agree Helya is more fitting as the leader of the Mawsworn, more so now that the rest of their leadership is gone. I could even see a cool final boss where she gets the cool Val'kyr model we never got to see.
    Rest of their leadership? We're talking about the Mawsworn, not the Forsworn. They didn't lose any leadership we know off.

And of course I think clumping all the Vrykul stuff into a larger Thros patch could work pretty well.
    "All the Vrykul stuff" is literally just Helya. Drust may be their cousins, but there is no real story connection between them.

You're putting far to much stock into that connection. The Drust appear to have completely cut relations, including to the Vrykul afterlives, going to Thros instead of the Halls or Helheim. And then cursed themselves stuck in there or something. The Vrykul connection is never even mentioned or hinted at ingame.

Rest of their leadership? We're talking about the Mawsworn, not the Forsworn. They didn't lose any leadership we know off.

"All the Vrykul stuff" is literally just Helya. Drust may be their cousins, but there is no real story connection between them.
    We do t really know whether all Vrykul went to the halls of Valor or Helheim, the existence of Thros implies they could go to regular afterlives too.

Besides, it is more a general connection. We know Drust are Vrykul, we know Helya is something approximating a Vrykul and that her realm is special, which could also explain Thros which also seems like a special place not specifically in the Shadowlands which could lead to interesting stories going forward.

Mawsworn and Forsworn are almost exactly the same, I really dont see why they are not literally called the same.

Also, Drust are Vrykul, I really don't see why this isn't accepted more readily.

On the whole though, I see the connection of Drust and Helya more on making a potential 9.2 Thros patch have slightly broader appeal instead of just Night Fae leaving 9.3 more open to being a out all covenants without also having to spend lots of time on Helya and the Mawsworn when we could go straight to the Jailer, Sylvanas and Arthas.

I feel KT is being set up for the maw
    Kinda have all the underlings set up for one big story and the Arthas story would likely be connected simply because KT

Uther is doing his thing

I’m wondering if we will get extra soulbinds in 9.1 With a few more rows

This allows horizontal progression AND lets us interact with the characters more

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I feel KT is being set up for the maw
    Kinda have all the underlings set up for one big story and the Arthas story would likely be connected simply because KT

Uther is doing his thing

I’m wondering if we will get extra soulbinds in 9.1 With a few more rows

This allows horizontal progression AND lets us interact with the characters more
    A new soulbind feels inevitable. While it could be a wild coincidence I do find it curious that the soulbinds in the different sanctums are all placed in 3 different corners of a 4 sided room.

Wherever kel'thuzad went I think it would be fitting if we get another raid with him as an endboss, and one that uses the Maldraxxus undead aesthetic for a double whammy of Scourge nostalgia in a raid. The fact that the Necrolords are the closest to a resolution similar to Venthyr with castle Nathria just adds to the theory I think.
    Where exactly the raid is located will hardly matter at that point.

Mawsworn and Forsworn are almost exactly the same, I really dont see why they are not literally called the same.
    Forsworn are Kyrians that are rebelling against the Archon. Mawsworn swear allegiance to the Jailor directly. They are about as close as a group of rebels is to a foreign army.

Forsworn are Kyrians that are rebelling against the Archon. Mawsworn swear allegiance to the Jailor directly. They are about as close as a group of rebels is to a foreign army.
    What I mean is that the line between Forsworn who stay in Bastion and (presumably) Forsworn who become Mawsworn is real flimsy. There is no good reason given by the game why they are not the same, and given how the Mawsworn Torghast wing contains a bunch of For sworn assets I doubt the Devs cared much for the difference either beyond Mawsworn having unique armor instead of a simple palette swap.

A new soulbind feels inevitable. While it could be a wild coincidence I do find it curious that the soulbinds in the different sanctums are all placed in 3 different corners of a 4 sided room.

Wherever kel'thuzad went I think it would be fitting if we get another raid with him as an endboss, and one that uses the Maldraxxus undead aesthetic for a double whammy of Scourge nostalgia in a raid. The fact that the Necrolords are the closest to a resolution similar to Venthyr with castle Nathria just adds to the theory I think.
    Where exactly the raid is located will hardly matter at that point.
    Im expecting us to get something like
    Uther for the kyrian soulbind
    Draka
    Ysera
    Etc

What's the point of "do 3x world quest" callings when the "fill the bar by doing whatever you want" callings exist? Surely it'd be better if we had the choice every time. I have the choice to skip them at least, which is what I'm doing

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    What's the point of "do 3x world quest" callings when the "fill the bar by doing whatever you want" callings exist? Surely it'd be better if we had the choice every time. I have the choice to skip them at least, which is what I'm doing
    Presumably to force some variety. Not to mention that by not having the specific calling to fill the bar up the treasures feel more special as they are not up all the time.