The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Ah that one. The weird starting zone breaks it for me. Nightborne in Thousand Needles? That alone broke it for me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That worked well wih WoD didn't it?

They need to go all out this year.
    WoD did not bomb because of no new class, LOL. People will always gravitate towards new things for old characters.

You underestimate how many people will go apeshit over moon spells for Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    So did Warlocks if you consider Gul'dan in WC2.

LK might have some power to do so, but afaik most DKs are rezzed by necromancers (and before that by warlocks, tho that was a completely different generation of DKs)
    Regardless the issue remains; Why do you need a Necromancer when you have a Death Knight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ah that one. The weird starting zone breaks it for me. Nightborne in Thousand Needles? That alone broke it for me.
    Why? I for one want to see all the races we got after cata have settlements in the old world if a revamp happens.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Regardless the issue remains; Why do you need a Necromancer when you have a Death Knight?
    Let’s look to Gul’dan for an answer to this question!

Rakmar Sharpfang was a necrolyte under the command of the warlock Gul'dan during the Second War. He was the unofficial leader of the group of necromancers. When Gul'dan submitted to Orgrim Doomhammer he promised him command of a powerful set of allies of his creation to use against the Alliance of Lordaeron. When Rakmar repeatedly failed Gul'dan to produce such a creature, the old warlock came up with another way for Rakmar to serve. Rakmar was the first of the necrolytes slaughtered for the sake of using their energies to create the Death Knights.

Doesn't the Lich King raise the Death Knights?

Doesn't the Lich King raise the Death Knights?
    https://i.imgur.com/ddYbdRv.jpg

these guys do in the death knight starting area. razuvious points out the body, they rez.

do take note of the specific lack of glowing eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one "needs" anything.

Necromancers would be nice to have because 1) they are popular 2) they are cool 3) people love them 4) they'd make money and 5) if the next expansion is death themed they'd fit right into it.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    WoD did not bomb because of no new class, LOL. People will always gravitate towards new things for old characters.

You underestimate how many people will go apeshit over moon spells for Night Elves.
    True, but you on the other hand underestimate how many people want new toys to play with and go apeshit if they don't get the type of content they personally consider content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/ffeX2x4.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/aPlZyhU.png[IMG]
    reeeeeeeeee i was too slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's safe to say that not every new spell and character power will be made into a new class or spec. Rule of cool is not enough, looking at Sylvanas and Bolvar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because one is a front line plate wearing undead knight and the other is a very much alive death caster that brought the first one back... Also Necromancers when they become powerful enough often turn to lichdom (CD idea? or like priest angel form when they die). If you ignore that both use death magic then they are very much different. Also, not all Necromancers must serve the scourge.

ANd then there is the whole melee vs ranged argument for ingame reasons.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    True, but you on the other hand underestimate how many people want new toys to play with and go apeshit if they don't get the type of content they personally consider content.
    I mean if WoD bombed for no new class why didn't Cataclysm and Burning Crusade bomb for lack of a new class too? Heck I'll throw in BFA, which bombed, but not because no new class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    We'll have to disagree on that part. Pre-insane pruning, Brewmaster was the most fun I had leveling a class in WoW. But maybe that's because I don't just like dark gothic stuff. I like east asian stuff as well. A mix of the two would be the best though.
    Oooo a mix would be fun what could that be?! An Asian inspired necromancer.

According to some forum poster here nothing like that exists only scourge necromancers exist.

Ohh wait Mogu Necormancers.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...8#post51753258

In the realm of possibility since its brief like previous leaks, but the list for patch content makes me think its fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    "harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy"

Literally destruction warlocks.

"Masters of this tainted field of magic can conjure festering diseases"
    Reskinned affliction.

"Necromancy can also be used to reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures"
    Reskinned warlock demons.
    Can we be done with this argument? Not only are there multiple different types of Necromancers(Scoure, Legion, Blood Troll, Shadowmoon Orc, etc), but a class having a similar field of magic from a simple sentence doesn't mean another cannot exist.

-Destro, Fire Mage, and Elemental Shaman all hurl bolts of incendiary magic.
    -Unholy DKs and Afflic both have "diseases", and those both and Shadow Priest all use dark/shadow magic to inflict damage over time.
    -Assassination Rogues and Feral Druids both bleed their enemies with gushing wounds, using energy and combo points as a resource.
    -Frost DK and Frost Mage both freeze and chill their enemies with bone chilling ice magic.
    -Holy Paladins and Holy Priests both use the Light to heal the wounds of allies.
    -Demon Hunters and Warlocks both use fel, fire, and shadow magic to kill their enemies.

And the list goes on. You are allowed to have classes and specs dabble in similar themes. Give that shit up.

Furthermore, we literally just had two expansions with two new different types of Death magic(the red Death magic from Argus, and blue/black Deatb magic from the Drust).

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Let’s look to Gul’dan for an answer to this question!
    can't really count 1st gen dks as the same thing as 3rd gen.

1st gen is an orc soul shoved in a human corpse. 3rd are necromantically raised through a ritual, it's the original soul of the person raised.

then 2nd gen are like razuvious i guess, corrupted paladins that fell to using death and allowed it into their soul.

We'll have to disagree on that part. Pre-insane pruning, Brewmaster was the most fun I had leveling a class in WoW. But maybe that's because I don't just like dark gothic stuff. I like east asian stuff as well. A mix of the two would be the best though.
    I like asian stuff and Monks in general. It is just that I find the Warcraft Monk to be too childish. For instance, I like the FFXIV Monk and everything asian there.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Because a Death knight is NOT a Necromancer funnily enough.

I'm done talking about this subject with you people you obviously choose to use your own head cannons to dismiss anything and you're just getting boring.
    I’m just quoting the Wiki at you. Not head canon. Necromancy is powerful in the WarCraft universe. Necromancers are not. In-universe, it is treated as a pale substitute for a Warlock. To the degree that a Warlock sacrifices all his useless Necromancers to create Death Knights.

I say this as someone who loves Necromancers is other settings. They just aren’t appropriate for WoW as a playable class, by comparison.

Why do you need a Tinker when you have Engineering? "Because Engineering doesn't actually fulfill the Tinker fantasy of being a full tech-based character who rides around in a mech suit and is fully about tech in combat."

Why do you need a Necromancer when you have a Death Knight? "Because Death Knights are knights who run around in melee hitting things with their swords and yanking enemies close so they can cut them down, and theny don't even remotely fulfill the expansive warcraft Necromancer fantasy of being a caster who sits back unleashing death/blood/spirit/poison magic and summoning steady hordes of skeletal minions."

"You summon a ghoul with unholy and tank with blood magic in blood spec" is about as much of an answer to wanting to play a necromancer as "you can use robots, bombs and guns as a hunter with engineering" is an answer to wanting to play a tinker.