10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    As in not as a zone or not as a continent?
    I guess he doesn't want Dragon Isles for 9.0...or something I dunno. I prefer it not being just a Major Content patch zone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    No Dragon Isles, no Dragon Isles, no Dragon Isles. God Please, let it not be Dragon Isles, PLEASE!
    "please don't create this thing that i seem to dislike even tho all it has is... a name"

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I guess he doesn't want Dragon Isles for 9.0...or something I dunno. I prefer it not being just a Major Content patch zone.
    I have no problem with a zone filled with dragons. But if the Emerald Dream, the Elemental Planes, Azjol Nerub, Argus, Zandalar, Nazjatar or Kul Tiras wasn't good enough for a full expansion on its own, DI definitely shouldn't be.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are comparing Zandalar and Kul Tiras, 2 singular tiny islands to several planes of reality, an entire planet and an underground kingdom.

I think it's fairly obvious why dino-mania and pirate paradise have to share an expansion with some different things.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-15 at 07:02 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am still sticking to my guns like I have been since the end of Legion, Dark Ranger is coming as playable there have been too many hints in game and in the lore that we are going into an undead themed expansion and they fill the role we need. Azeroth needs to be killed and purged of her corruption and resurrected and no naru alone has that kind of power. We will get our first undead titan and it will be a true neutral.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Five islands, each themed after each dragonflight. They would look very different.
    Add some magical floating islands into the mix (cause wishful thinking), maybe a titan facility, some void corruption cause twillight DF, a quest for survival.

Boom, expansion.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Add some magical floating islands into the mix (cause wishful thinking), maybe a titan facility, some void corruption cause twillight DF, a quest for survival.

Boom, expansion.
    I imagine the entire continent will probably be floating islands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with a zone filled with dragons. But if the Emerald Dream, the Elemental Planes, Azjol Nerub, Argus, Zandalar, Nazjatar or Kul Tiras wasn't good enough for a full expansion on its own, DI definitely shouldn't be.
    Emerald Dream is a wee bit harder to do a whole expansion on compared to Dragon Isles Zandalar, Nazjatar and Kul'Tiras. Argus obviously could of been done if the want was there but if this forum is any god damn indication, people couldn't stand demons for much longer(Or Fel Green) and it already bothered people that Mac'aree wasn't too messed up compared to the rest of Argus.

I imagine the entire continent will probably be floating islands.

Flying enabled unless they continue the pathfinder stuff and argue to be careful on these islands so you don't fall off.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd like DI to be at least one floating isle (maybe for a new dragonflight relating to Sylverian store mount)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean the thing with Argus was, it was a portal Nexus. You could have a couple of zones on Argus and everything else being small staging grounds in other Legion worlds that would allow for immense variety

- - - Updated - - -

All floating islands and give everyone wings that work like jetpacks. Design it for flight. People will lose their shit. I swear, you'll have people so happy at blizzcon they'll piss themselves.
    Not sure a lot of people would like for leveling expansion zones to be spread like that. Cata was hated for that as it is, and all zones were on one of 2 maps, just split off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Not sure a lot of people would like for leveling expansion zones to be spread like that. Cata was hated for that as it is, and all zones were on one of 2 maps, just split off.
    I thought Cata was hated for the patches and the cut content.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about Argus, I'd agree but the thing is, we know have the emissary system to keep players concentrated in fewer zones. And you would not be flying over empty zones all the time, you'd just be hopping between planets.

For dragon isles, I'd just have the isles very close so you can fly between them fairly fast. Like place them in a ring at slightly different vertical levels so you can actually make full use of the underside as well.
    But I would like to see actual floating island, not like Outland. Like you can go under them, there are some caves in the base and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Cata was hated for the patches and the cut content.
    A lot of things. Lack of endgame content was something, Dragon Soul reused assets despite being new raid(Depends for me but it is true here), Abyssal Maw got canceled so that was a thing. The whole "Dungeons are hard" sorta hit the fans and I guess people didn't like that. Firelands was a good raid and nice time but... thats all I can think of.

Everyone seems to discount Transmog in Cata, they take it for granted.

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's exactly what I said. Have them float in a ring around a central feature at different elevations, have the underside be riddled with caves. Heck you could even have a city hanging on spires with a dock for skyships!
    As someone who was recently introduced to The Eye of the Storm (thanks bloodsail discord) I'm down for flying airships.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Flying enabled unless they continue the pathfinder stuff and argue to be careful on these islands so you don't fall off.
    I doubt it. I could see them going with a one part pathfinder, but there's no reason not to get some mileage out of floating islands that you navigate with various boats from big island to big island, ropes/short range portals (like the shortcut in Shrine of Storms/the world quest in nazjatar where you kill the merciless one) and temp-flight stuff like the rocket packs you get in BfA faction invasions, or gliders what you can gain a bit of altitude on.

Then in like 9.1 or whatever you unlock flying and can easymode around.

"Design for flight" is a meme. You'd have to remove and revamp Wow's flying to have any sort of meaningful interaction, because the ease of Wow's flying means it's always going to just bypass most threats. Kaliris or cannons, or even something like Mechagon's anti-air are all quite easily bypassed by just adjusting the height you fly at, moving your mouse slightly to go around, or tapping the ground every so often.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-08-15 at 08:02 PM.

Emerald Dream is a wee bit harder to do a whole expansion on compared to Dragon Isles Zandalar, Nazjatar and Kul'Tiras. Argus obviously could of been done if the want was there but if this forum is any god damn indication, people couldn't stand demons for much longer(Or Fel Green) and it already bothered people that Mac'aree wasn't too messed up compared to the rest of Argus.
    I wonder... if Azeroth dies, does the Dream die with her?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragon isles created to protect Uldorus, have it be in the middle, have five floating islands
    Like this?

I made that map some time ago (or rather started it and then never finished it)
    My idea was that every isle floats around the cradle, except the black DF one (cause earthwarder-related and stuff, i can't really imagine them floating around when their theme is so heavily tied to the earth) but i have no idea how make them seem float-y.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-15 at 08:09 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I wonder... if Azeroth dies, does the Dream die with her?
    I've heard it both ways. Azeroth is irrelevant to our survival and Azeroth is our survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

"Design for flight" is a meme.
    I thought the northrend zones designed around it were in fact pretty cool.. but maybe I'm alone with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    I thought the northrend zones designed around it were in fact pretty cool.. but maybe I'm alone with that.
    I mean all zones are designed to fly, no zone is designed for flight. Mostly because Blizz realized daze mobs that knock us off our mount and kill us wasn't "fun" apparently.