There's a 3d element for the sleeves and a chest belt, but ...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean let's be honest we just want the camel.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I've heard it both ways. Azeroth is irrelevant to our survival and Azeroth is our survival.
    It'd be neat if we have to escape into the Dream, either because Azeroth dies or to avoid reorigination.
    That way we've got an easy way of "revamping" the world without losing the old stuff.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It'd be neat if we have to escape into the Dream, either because Azeroth dies or to avoid reorigination.
    That way we've got an easy way of "revamping" the world without losing the old stuff.
    If they went with the reorigination part, everywhere would be Uldum even if every humanoid of the Alliance and Horde factions(And even the neutralish factions) went to the Dream. Azeroth would still be pretty fucking barren. It'd be Uldum PLANETWIDE. Not exactly good. I am wondering when Wrathion sorta talking about the reorigination being relevant to stopping the Old Gods.

I wonder if maybe Wrathion is thinking "What if we used the Titan reorigination device to target N'zoth specifically(And the other Old God's corpses) to remove the corruption.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So, I'm trying to be realistic with my expectations. Things that I'd like to see in 9.0 that I think are doable:

A re-work of each class and spec. Classes should have identities, strengths that they bring to the table. With the pre-patch of Legion, classes felt a little empty, and that was because they were designed with the artifacts in mind to fill in the gaps. Current class design is that same emptiness with the idea that azerite traits can fill in. They ought to re-work the classes so that they feel complete, whole. Not reliant on some expansion feature that'll just wind up removed in two years time.

Brand new customization features that are within reason. I don't see them ever providing customization in the form of sliders for sizing, height, hair color, etc. Added customization that I could see them granting. Things like new hairstyles, new hair colors, jewelry, unique features per race (things like Kul Tiran facial hair, Highmountain Tribe paint, Demon Hunter tattoos, etc.).

A few new race class combinations. Nothing too outlandish, but something to freshen things up for some who care for new options. One I'd personally like to see was broached in Legion. Night Elf paladins. Also, there was a Mag'har NPC in Warspear who engages in conversation with another NPC. From her dialogue (and gear), it's suggested that she's a druid. How sick would it be to have and Orc druid, with a dire wolf as their feral form?

A revamped portion of the world to pair up with the oncoming level squish. Would make sense, bring in the new while trying to attract new eyes to the game. Get some of these new races a little more represented in the world with some storylines. And while they're at it, revamp more of the old dungeons with new encounters or stories so they can implement classic timewalking.

Find a way to re-capture some of that magic from Classic. The RPG element which I felt when trying the stress test recently. Why not have it so, rather than just having characters magically learn new abilities upon leveling, have them visit trainers to pick up quests that enforce and teach new abilities? They don't have to be complicated quests, but something to give it more of an RPG feel. I remember loving the druid form unlock quests from back in the day.

Guild housing! I think in Stormwind City or Orgrimmar, they should create an instanced house that is for your guild. Inside, you and your guild work on achievements to unlock more space and customization. Perhaps tie in some sort of perk for gathering up guildmates in the building, like players pooling their collective cooking skill to craft uber powerful feasts or cauldrons or enchants for raid. Trophies to display for achievements, like the ones you unlocked for your garrison. And like the garrison, have it where you can invite party members to your guild house to show off.

I miss long expansion and dramatic names like Wrath of the Lich King.

If the expansion is Void based then I wouldn’t mind if it was called
    Into the Dark Abyss
    Revenge of the Black Empire
    Wrath of the Old Ones

Or if Scourge based
    Return of the Lich
    Revenge of the Scourge
    Return of the Lich King

I also liked Legion & Cataclysm names. Simple and self explainatory
    Black empire
    Scourge
    Lich King
    Forsaken
    Death
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If they went with the reorigination part, everywhere would be Uldum even if every humanoid of the Alliance and Horde factions(And even the neutralish factions) went to the Dream. Azeroth would still be pretty fucking barren. It'd be Uldum PLANETWIDE. Not exactly good. I am wondering when Wrathion sorta talking about the reorigination being relevant to stopping the Old Gods.

I wonder if maybe Wrathion is thinking "What if we used the Titan reorigination device to target N'zoth specifically(And the other Old God's corpses) to remove the corruption.
    I could believe that plan. Or if he means to target the Sword using it. After all, returning Silithus to a desert is pretty much a 1:1 trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I miss long expansion and dramatic names like Wrath of the Lich King.

If the expansion is Void based then I wouldn’t mind if it was called
    Into the Dark Abyss
    Revenge of the Black Empire
    Wrath of the Old Ones

Or if Scourge based
    Return of the Lich
    Revenge of the Scourge
    Return of the Lich King

I also liked Legion & Cataclysm names. Simple and self explainatory
    Black empire
    Scourge
    Lich King
    Forsaken
    Death
    Personally I'm one for this "Death" name. Sums up what it'll likely do to the game well.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post

A few new race class combinations. Nothing too outlandish, but something to freshen things up for some who care for new options. One I'd personally like to see was broached in Legion. Night Elf paladins. Also, there was a Mag'har NPC in Warspear who engages in conversation with another NPC. From her dialogue (and gear), it's suggested that she's a druid. How sick would it be to have and Orc druid, with a dire wolf as their feral form?
    The Night Elf Paladin is the exact reason I think we should get unlockable race/class combinations. The fact that one DOES exist means it should be available to players, but the lore fact that there's no subfaction dedicated to it means they should be limited, only playable after you've completed a special questline. We don't need an entire Sunwalker-styled subfaction of orc druids to know that they can become druids. Outright unlocking them for everyone would be a step too far though; Undead Paladins would outnumber all of their other classes if it was just handed out freely.

As for the orc druids: If worgen can't have a feral wolf form, no way in hell they'd allow it for orcs. I mean come on, even a glyph that let us use feral abilities in our worgen form would be fucking sick and take no extra art! I'd buy it for a travel form though. After worgen get theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    That encrypted set is interesting considering that Hearthstone's current expansion is Saviors of Uldum, and that model looks a lot like Reno Jackson.

Since it's the Year of the Dragon, most HS players anticipate that the next Hearthstone expansion will be heavily dragon-themed. It'll be revealed at BlizzCon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That encrypted set is interesting considering that Hearthstone's current expansion is Saviors of Uldum, and that model looks a lot like Reno Jackson.

[IMG]https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/hearthstone_gamepedia/a/ad/Reno_Jackson_promo.jpg?version=6c5766ad2795c45e8d7e9502a5e853e3[IMG]

Since it's the Year of the Dragon, most HS players anticipate that the next Hearthstone expansion will be heavily dragon-themed. It'll be revealed at BlizzCon.
    It's been already confirmed that WoW and HS expansions aren't planned/theme synced. The thing with Karazhan was an accident IIRC
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm trying to be realistic with my expectations. Things that I'd like to see in 9.0 that I think are doable:
    I love all these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLisanna View Post
    Level SQUISH is stupid. We worked for the levels we are at. level squishing is Laziness.
    Certainly, you realize that exact same phrase could be said about EVERY other aspect of the game? Gear, achievements. professions.

Let's say we get a level squish and world revamp. Level squish means 120=60 and the next expansion goes to 70. The world revamp means Azeroth gets revamped for leveling 1-60. You don't need to level through any of the expansions anymore. They would scale within the level squish. You can use them to level but you don't have to.

Would Blizz do that? What would people think about that?

We are already skipping tons of zones anyway when leveling through each bracket if you level via questing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Let's say we get a level squish and world revamp. Level squish means 120=60 and the next expansion goes to 70. The world revamp means Azeroth gets revamped for leveling 1-60. You don't need to level through any of the expansions anymore. They would scale within the level squish. You can use them to level but you don't have to.

We are already skipping tons of zones anyway when leveling through each bracket if you level via questing.
    I mean isn't that the case already tho? You skip whole expansions worth of zones (and for 80-90 just do 1 zone in total) for the sake of having more choice. Wouldn't hurt if they gave us more options (for example 30-60 to be all expansions bracket (keep in mind we have no idea if world revamp is happening, so not adding it here)) so if someone really hates WotLK and TBC zone questing (like I do) they can just level on Pandaria and do multiple zones.

And I don't think a world revamp would fill the whole bracket for leveling. It certainly didn't in cataclysm. I think the main argument for a modern day world revamp is that they would also use those zones for max level content, leveling brackets wouldn't change.

Also, if level squish is happening, I want them to go back to 5 levels per expansion, shouldn't have gone back to 10 imo. Even if leveling time is the same it's easier to make those numbers more meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It's been already confirmed that WoW and HS expansions aren't planned/theme synced. The thing with Karazhan was an accident IIRC
    Most likely its just a cameo like Sir Finley Mrrgglton appearing in Stormheim or the Kobolds and Catacombs area in Highmountain.

It doesn't mean however there's zero overlap in theme even if they have separate stories. Rastakhan's Rumble came out shortly after BfA's release and had a large Zandalari theme. Hearthstone expansion tend to focus on one particular zone, dungeon or city and build a card set theme around it. The next HS expansion is very likely to be Blackrock Mountain. I really wouldn't be surprised if Wrathion was the pre-order character. And given his increased presence in 8.2 its possible that might be where the Reno Jackson cameo occurs.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2019-08-16 at 12:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Most likely its just a cameo like Sir Finley Mrrgglton appearing in Stormheim or the Kobolds and Catacombs area in Highmountain.

It doesn't however mean there's zero overlap in theme however even if they have separate stories. Rastakhan's Rumble came out shortly after BfA's release and had a large Zandalari theme. Hearthstone expansion tend to focus on one particular zone, dungeon or city and build a card set theme around it. The next HS expansion is very likely to be Blackrock Mountain. I really wouldn't be surprised if Wrathion was the pre-order character. And given his increased presence in 8.2 its possible that might be where the Reno Jackson cameo occurs.
    Drawing inspiration from one-another is completely different, and they do that a lot (basically same story of both games, going in different directions).
    WoW added a race from HS that wasnt in game before (Tortollans).

What I am saying is that they don't work together to make sure that they announce something of the same theme at the same time. (Iirc One night in Karazhan was released days before 7.1 was announced and that was an accidental overlap).

By the time Rastakhan's Rumble was released BfA was out for months, however they probably chose that as their expac theme because of BfA (announced over a year earlier).

But from what we heard from them so far, stuff that happens is either drawing inspiration or accidental, not planned to use same themes.

A re-work of each class and spec. Classes should have identities, strengths that they bring to the table. With the pre-patch of Legion, classes felt a little empty, and that was because they were designed with the artifacts in mind to fill in the gaps. Current class design is that same emptiness with the idea that azerite traits can fill in. They ought to re-work the classes so that they feel complete, whole. Not reliant on some expansion feature that'll just wind up removed in two years time.

Brand new customization features that are within reason. I don't see them ever providing customization in the form of sliders for sizing, height, hair color, etc. Added customization that I could see them granting. Things like new hairstyles, new hair colors, jewelry, unique features per race (things like Kul Tiran facial hair, Highmountain Tribe paint, Demon Hunter tattoos, etc.).

A revamped portion of the world to pair up with the oncoming level squish. Would make sense, bring in the new while trying to attract new eyes to the game. Get some of these new races a little more represented in the world with some storylines. And while they're at it, revamp more of the old dungeons with new encounters or stories so they can implement classic timewalking.

Find a way to re-capture some of that magic from Classic. The RPG element which I felt when trying the stress test recently. Why not have it so, rather than just having characters magically learn new abilities upon leveling, have them visit trainers to pick up quests that enforce and teach new abilities? They don't have to be complicated quests, but something to give it more of an RPG feel. I remember loving the druid form unlock quests from back in the day.

Guild housing! I think in Stormwind City or Orgrimmar, they should create an instanced house that is for your guild. Inside, you and your guild work on achievements to unlock more space and customization. Perhaps tie in some sort of perk for gathering up guildmates in the building, like players pooling their collective cooking skill to craft uber powerful feasts or cauldrons or enchants for raid. Trophies to display for achievements, like the ones you unlocked for your garrison. And like the garrison, have it where you can invite party members to your guild house to show off.
    I like all of this. Would be awesome.

Also, the guild housing is much better than a personal one like the garrison. If put in SW or Org, they could also stay relevant in each and every xpac. Each xpac brings new achivs and stuff for the guild to work for.

This would also create more of a community within the guild, and a guild would be more than just a raiding guild. People can contribute to the guild how they wish etc. I cant always raid with my guild, and I would love if I could help out in other ways.

They sell crossover stuff for Blizzcon all the time; nothing's stopping the RaF set from just being another crossover gimmick, particularly since it's generic enough for both factions.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I would love a level squish and having the choice of where to level. If it were up to me, I would go 1-120 only in EK & K. I dread draenor, but luckily thats just 1 zone. Pandaland to really. Wotlk/BC is also rather tiersome, but atleast theres alot of variety there in regards to zones.

They did a world revamp in cata and it did cost them alot of time and resources. In the end, it might not have been worth it cause when people have lvld through it once, its sort of over cause it dont bring anything special to your character at max level.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they managed to pull of a world/leveling revamp AND have it not cost us a tier that would be amazing.
    Inb4 Naxx 3.0 for filler tier because of the revamp, I wouldn't complain. Heck make it 40man mythic.