Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The Shadows of the Shadowlands

There you go, feel better?
    I hate how this would make some people happy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Hitei is trying to prove that the Shadowlands logo is a copy of Legion.
    Ah. That again.

By the way today in "still not convinced we go to the Shadowlands" what would that do to plots like Tyrande. Is she somehow going to tag along with us or is she just never getting revenge and staying Night Warrior forever?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I hate how this would make some people happy.
    Honestly, it just makes it sound really stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That is my point. There's no reason to attribute the possible legitimacy of the ESPN leak to any of the other leaks, because who knows what is from where.
    Well ESPN leak is from a Blizzcon demo paper, so it’s not just for OW2. It’s stated in the article that it’s for Blizzcon, not just OW. Slasher (the guy who wrote the article) is a bigness FPS guy and has been pushing/leaking OW content for a while now. He doesn’t post anything about their other games (as far as I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ah. That again.

By the way today in "still not convinced we go to the Shadowlands" what would that do to plots like Tyrande. Is she somehow going to tag along with us or is she just never getting revenge and staying Night Warrior forever?
    She’ll probably just end up like Jaina in Legion until she’s central to 10.0. Easy.

No guy, look at the rays of light.
    https://puu.sh/ExJLP/bd563c4832.mp4
    We've discussed this atleast 3 times before. If you're gonna have a logo that glows through the letters like that, there's not many ways you can go about it. No shit it's gonna be identical.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedCookies View Post
    A lot of 9.0 is about how Titans aren't the great noble gods of Order they're portrayed as, in fact, many of the problems in the cosmos, come from their tampering and their meddling, which they erase from history or lock their mistakes away.
    I found pyromancers account !

Ah. That again.

Who knows. She might have gone overboard in her thirst for revenge and followed Sylvanas on the poor Priestess road to the Shadowlands.

Ah. That again.

Perhaps Elune is related to the Shadowlands and she learns more there.

Sylvanas and her plot are being sidelined in favor of a story focused around Dragons, and The Titans great lies.
    Sylvanas statue by the demo area and Sylvanas as the core character on the poster.

Yeah no.

Hey guys, former CS here. I worked for Blizzard for about six years, before being apart of the layoffs of the community support staff back in February. Leak season is one of the most fun times for Blizzard, we loved reading and compiling all the leaks ourselves, and even seeing the crazy ideas some of you come up with.

Figured id throw out what information I did know before getting fired. Should note, most of CS guys who got the boot, know nothing past 9.0s base story. 9.0 really kicked off development not too long after the layoffs, it was in its alpha stage before that.

Gameplay is something you're not gonna get from me, I wasn't a dev, and we CS don't get a lot of insight into that department until players actually start testing it. We do however get to sit around with the story team, and see what they're up. I'll keep it short;

The Details:
    Much like how Legion was set up in Mist of Pandaria with Wrathion, then Warlords came after to set up characters the story team wanted for Legion, the same is happening with 9.0 Death is not the main theme, (forgive me THE Bolvar.) Sylvanas and her plot are being sidelined in favor of a story focused around Dragons, and The Titans great lies.

A lot of 9.0 is about how Titans aren't the great noble gods of Order they're portrayed as, in fact, many of the problems in the cosmos, come from their tampering and their meddling, which they erase from history or lock their mistakes away. One of these mistakes was the devolution of Dragons into Protodrakes, during their experiments on the first Dragons Galakrond, and his mate Relgrona. It will be revealed Dragons are a natural spawn in the cosmos, and they each spawn from the main six forces, Galakrond and Relgrona are dragons birthed from Death, and The Dragon Isles are merely a layer of The Shadowlands in which Relgrona resides.

Alexstraza will serve as a main protagonist against Relgrona, who will be the main antagonist of the expansion, who will offer Dragons their immortality and powers back, and spur them against The Titans and their Children, which Alexstraza stands firmly against.
    I swear to God if you are bullshiting us I will find you and I will show you the wrath of the bolvar

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    We've discussed this atleast 3 times before. If you're gonna have a logo that glows through the letters like that, there's not many ways you can go about it. No shit it's gonna be identical.
    Look, the lighting on it is incorrect. It should be angled up, not outward and the exact same as the Legion one.

That's without even getting into the bits where it just looks like someone's been painting it.

Or the sloppy white stroke around all of the text.

Or that parts of it have different quality because the text has probably been copy pasted from various logos. So that some parts are sharply pixelated (green) and others are very smoothly appropriate to the background's resolution (red).

It doesn't though. The strongest light on the Shadowlands logo is BELOW the text at the bottom point of the C. It shouldn't be following Legion's light source, it should be angled upwards.

It's especially noticeable on the top of the W and the second A, where it looks like just a bad overlay left over from the Legion logo.
    Okay so this might just be because I hate the idea of shadowlands anyways but you my friend at least in my eyes have kind of busted this logo and I love you for it

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Ok so let's assume for a second the The Bolvar cinematic and the Twitter Shadowlands stuff are both true. What's this narrative looking like? How does it all fit together for a story?

We know we have a minimum of 3 major story moments to get us to the next expansion: 8.3 raid events. 9.0 pre-patch event. 9.0 launch day events.
    I think the opening cinematic will be some sort of duel between Sylvanas and Bolvar, as a throw back to the Illidan/Arthas duel. The blue eyes is probably something that happens when Bolvar "gets serious"... this will be the lead up to the portal to Shadowlands being opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Sylvanas statue by the demo area and Sylvanas as the core character on the poster.

Yeah no.
    It's possible Sylvanas may have a part to play in later parts of the expansion, or as a running sub plot throughout the expansion. If you've been paying attention, you'd know the last few expansions were designed this way. I am simply stating the 9.0 info, I was given by my friends who worked in story. The main game development team is very closed doors with what they do, until its relevant for us to know it personally.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Okay so this might just be because I hate the idea of shadowlands anyways but you my friend at least in my eyes have kind of busted this logo and I love you for it
    Yay, more members of the no shadowlands club.

We are with very few tho.

I wish it were real. It's a nice aesthetic, I love deserts, and that hypothetical bastion looks super nice.

Just so we're clear on this: There's still a significant chance of the next expansion being Shadowlands anyway, regardless of whether the logo is the real deal.

Look, the lighting on it is incorrect. It should be angled up, not outward and the exact same as the Legion one.

That's without even getting into the bits where it just looks like someone's been painting it.

Or the sloppy white stroke around all of the text.

Or that parts of it have different quality because the text has probably been copy pasted from various logos. So that some parts are sharply pixelated (green) and others are very smoothly appropriate to the background's resolution (red).

Blizz getting sloppier with their graphic design is not evidence towards fakeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Yay, more members of the no shadowlands club.

We are with very few tho.
    If the theme of Death wasn't so prevalent I'd probably be thinking different.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi