Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    The problem with Stormwind as a raid is that it is small and claustrophobic. Only the harbour can really accomodate a raid boss, two even. With Cathedral you're already stretching it (if you bulldoze the trees and the fountain, you have about the same size as the Champion of Light in Dazar'alore, maybe), and the throne room is just tiny.
    The raid could start with a naval battle before we land at the docks. Multiple bosses could use the same area if they spawn after each other (like ToC).

We might flip to another perspective (say, an attack on the front gates as a diversion) at some point. Then there's the grassed area behind the city that's got plenty of space.

The streets themselves could be a gauntlet encounter that ends in a minor boss in a given area like the Cathedral. As for the throne room, we could have to spread out across the whole castle to defend it once we claim it back (likely against enemies trying to open portals).
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

I might have to play final fantasy at some point but I have never been able to juggle to MMOs except when I played runes of magic which was so good and I am still f****** crushed that the new company that took over abandoned it because that thing could have killed wow if it wasn't based on a pay-to-win system
    Not sure how you would like all the other aspects, but the story might be to your liking. I mean we never lose in the sense that the player wins every confrontation she is in, but we tend to fight enemies who like actually complicated gambits. And they tend to win, which gives them temporary victory. And the hero has to flee to a foreign country, sacrefice a friend or just pull insane stunts to undo the damage.

The problem with Stormwind as a raid is that it is small and claustrophobic. Only the harbour can really accomodate a raid boss, two even. With Cathedral you're already stretching it (if you bulldoze the trees and the fountain, you have about the same size as the Champion of Light in Dazar'alore, maybe), and the throne room is just tiny.
    Well the Siege of Orgrimmar began in Pandaria. The Siege of Stormwind (SoS) could begin in Elwyn Forest. Or Ironforge and involve a fight on the Deeprun tram. Venture into the Stockade. Maybe even employ that unused instance portal. Maybe even all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    no clearly nzoth is the villain of the next expansion and not sylvanas, i mean nzoth is at the blizzcon poster etc.
    Just like Jaina is the villain of BFA????

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    This. Where are people getting this idea from that the Blizzcon poster MUST feature the villain of an upcoming expansion? Are there some new rules I wasn't informed of?

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    This. Where are people getting this idea from that the Blizzcon poster MUST feature the villain of an upcoming expansion? Are there some new rules I wasn't informed of?
    I think there was some consistency to this so that idea as been percolating in this thread.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I think there was some consistency to this so that idea as been percolating in this thread.
    I mean, the idea that Sylvanas might be the villain of the next expansion is slightly more likely than the people saying she's going to die in 8.3 despite being the principal artwork for WoW for the whole year

We datamined new Forsaken Night Elf NPCs. Face it, the entire War campaign was just setting up a new allied race you can get from Preordering the next expansion. That's it. She's going to rez some banshees & nothing else will happen

In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    I mean, the idea that Sylvanas might be the villain of the next expansion is slightly more likely than the people saying she's going to die in 8.3 despite being the principal artwork for WoW for the whole year

We datamined new Forsaken Night Elf NPCs. Face it, the entire War campaign was just setting up a new allied race you can get from Preordering the next expansion. That's it. She's going to rez some banshees & nothing else will happen
    And I going to be so fucking happy. Forsaken are my favorite race, but next to... basically every race, they look bad as a gypsy curse.

Instead, Night Elves are one of the most good looking race of the game. So: Night Elves + Forsaken = Eternal happiness for this little nerd

Harbour
    Front gate
    "Lake"
    Some kind of running the gauntlet through Stormwind
    Varian memorial

There are several places that could work as boss locations and remember, it doesn't have to be a massive 12 boss raid.

My point was simply that all of the Stormwind assets already exist and it wouldn't be too difficult to turn it into an open air raid zone.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

I disagree.
    Stormwind could easily hold several boss areas, especially if they remove some features from districts (cause siege, destruction and stuff) or simply enlargen them

A naval battle could be possible.
    Then the docks.
    Lion's Rest.
    Cathedral Square
    The Cathedral itself
    Maybe a fight in the mage quarter
    Put a boss in the valley of heroes
    The lake is big enough for a potential elemental boss for one reason or another
    Stormwind keep

Trade district and Old town are the only ones where i don't think a boss can fit in, but that can be handled with taking advantage of the streets and make some interesting encounter in them.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2019-09-23 at 03:36 PM.

Trans Rights are Human Rights

She is one of them yes.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    She is one of them yes.
    Jaina wasn't remotely villainous in BFA, in fact they dedicated most of their story glossing over her previously villainous behavior. I would have said Sylvanas & Jaina as polarizing antagonists for an expansion would have been a great idea, but Jaina was portrayed like Jesus Christ

I hope they make way more things account wide... like reputations, gold etc. Regardless of if we get a "WoW 2.0" or regular expansion in 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I disagree.
    Stormwind could easily hold several boss areas, especially if they remove some features from districts (cause siege, destruction and stuff) or simply enlargen them

A naval battle could be possible.
    Then the docks.
    Lion's Rest.
    Cathedral Square
    The Cathedral itself
    Maybe a fight in the mage quarter
    Put a boss in the valley of heroes
    The lake is big enough for a potential elemental boss for one reason or another
    Stormwind keep

Trade district and Old town are the only ones where i don't think a boss can fit in, but that can be handled with taking advantage of the streets and make some interesting encounter in them.
    Oh god, imagine if Sylvanas raised Tiffin.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh god, imagine if Sylvanas raised Tiffin.
    Oh my god, i didn't even think of that.

Seeing Anduins face when he realizes his mother is a walking corpse would be hilarious.

Oh my god, i didn't even think of that.

Seeing Anduins face when he realizes his mother is a walking corpse would be hilarious.
    I don't think I'd call it hilarious but I guess I am not that jaded.
    Does Anduin even remember his mother? He must have been an infant when she died, or not?

Man, some people just live to bash on Anduin. How would it be funny for him to see his mother turned into a Forsaken?

I don't think I'd call it hilarious but I guess I am not that jaded.
    Does Anduin even remember his mother? He must have been an infant when she died, or not?
    My mind is fucked up beyond measure.
    I blame Sylvanas.

Anyways.
    Ye, he was an infant when she died.
    However he does have her locket and a painting of her holding him as a baby and i imagine Varian would've told him all about her.

He'd still feel the harsh emotional Trauma of seeing the mother he never got in the shape of an insane necromantic monster.

Just imagine an Encounter in the Graveyard.
    Tiffin gets raised and starts calling out to Anduin.
    Anduin trying to desperately help her only to get attacked, leaving him no choice but to kill her.

It'd be so glorious!
    It'd be so sad!
    It'd be so gloriously sad!

My mind is fucked up beyond measure.
    I blame Sylvanas.

Anyways.
    Ye, he was an infant when she died.
    However he does have her locket and a painting of her holding him as a baby and i imagine Varian would've told him all about her.

He'd still feel the harsh emotional Trauma of seeing the mother he never got in the shape of an insane necromantic monster.

Just imagine an Encounter in the Graveyard.
    Tiffin gets raised and starts calling out to Anduin.
    Anduin trying to desperately help her only to get attacked, leaving him no choice but to kill her.

It'd be so glorious!
    It'd be so sad!
    It'd be so gloriously sad!
    Then Anduin's balls finally descent and he remembers that
    a) Sylvanas is Undead
    b) He can cast Shackle

Then Anduin's balls finally descent and he remembers that
    a) Sylvanas is Undead
    b) He can cast Shackle
    And Deviantart proclaims BfA best expansion.

I'm strongly feeling cross-faction playability if not factions gone coming up in 9.0 with today's patch.

I'm most interested in the Alliance/Horde symbols they added at the character select screen. I wonder if this is just sprucing it up since they also colored the class names with it.