Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i think its pretty safe to say that the name will be shadowlands but rather that the bastion and kyrian stuff is still up in the air
    Pretty much. Hopefully we can move past the discussion though, just don't want people throwing around the Bastion and Kyrian leak like it is some everything proof shield.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCarp View Post
    --- snip ---
    I don't believe MMOC has ever put a fake leak on the front page.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-29 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Omg its happening boys

/s
    wow, new engine looks great! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What we lack is proof that the Shadowlands name is correct. What we do have however is extremely convincing evidence. These two terms are not the same.

No reason to not think the name is going to be Shadowlands though, just don't go around thinking it is actually proven when it isnt.
    It doesn’t MATTER, though. If it’s basically confirmed, and effectively true, the forgone conclusion is that it is. There’s no point in discussing possibilities we already basically know aren’t happening.

Why keep discussion going about this? Semantics is all it is. What do these people gain for getting to “talk about other leak ideas”?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

Omg its happening boys

/s
    Huh someone fixed the fact the last one looked like garbage.

Didn't fix the hotbar I see.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Wait what?!!!! It's not the login sceen!
    Yeah its fake, its just them trying to see what works by replacing bolvar with other shit. That's why there's two separate spellings of muehzala

--- snip ---
    Are you denying that the arguably second biggest WoW doesnt have a good relationship with Blizzard?

Yup, just like WoWhead doesnt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    he was banned
    Oh for gods sake, of course he's gone when it was finally his time to shine.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Are you denying that the arguably second biggest WoW doesnt have a good relationship with Blizzard?

Yup, just like WoWhead doesnt.
    Was more so to the statement they never posted a fake leak on the front page, when there was that infamous moment they did.

Was more so to the statement they never posted a fake leak on the front page, when there was that infamous moment they did.
    Which one are you talking about exactly?

--- snip ---
    MMO champion doesn’t post leaks that aren’t real, lmao.

Remember when they leaked Cataclysm? Or changed the Gen forum to “WoD Discussion” the day it was announced? This shit’s all real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup. And it is important they get it right. It needs to be about building a world, not about telling a story. This is the difference between a leveling experience and an expansion experience.
    For me the biggest thing is removing the stuff that takes you out of the experience. Which Cataclysm was full of. Too many things that felt way too over the top, or worse, blatantly ripping off a bad movie.

If they DID do a revamp in stages (which I don't think is even possible because then you get a hodge podge of zones across different time eras) they need to start with some of the worst offenders. Redridge and Uldum for one due to memery, the War-heavy zones (WPL and SBarrens and Stonetalon) that no longer make sense, and the entire Horde experience would need to be rebuilt to scrub out both Garrosh and now Sylvanas.

The heavy Twilights Hammer zones probably would be early on too. Just to lessen the timeline hodge podge. Which means stuff like Thousand Needles, Loch Modan, the entire Cataclysm zoneset (80-85).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And why coudlnt an expansion named Shadowlands do the same?
    because the expansion nmed after a place imply we going to th place, or the plce being the focus

Cataclysm was about the zones the cataclysm did, mists of pandaria was about pandaria

Legion was about Legion, not a place, the burning crusade too.

Each zone in Northrend is invaded by someone from, or associated with teh Shadowlands. Easy fix.
    that would be lame, and how this have anything to do with dragon isles? in the leak we would lv up there and the infinte dragonflight as the main enemy, how this have anything to do with the sylvanus bolvar plot, and northrend revamp?

like i said, don't ornate, sounds totally out of place

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Lol that one wasn't me. It's fake but someone else made that.
    I think @Valnoressa made that one.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If they DID do a revamp in stages (which I don't think is even possible because then you get a hodge podge of zones across different time eras) they need to start with some of the worst offenders. Redridge and Uldum for one due to memery, the War-heavy zones (WPL and SBarrens and Stonetalon) that no longer make sense, and the entire Horde experience would need to be rebuilt to scrub out both Garrosh and now Sylvanas.
    While I'm not sure they're the ones that NEED revamping (I agree that the shitty meme zones like Redridge seriously need to go), 8.3 implies that the Eastern Plaguelands and Hyjal are the first ones that will be revamped. Westfall too, if you think they'll continue with the HD textures.

On account of giving the "loser races" from BFA new capitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    We're at least getting two more, maybe three if you think they'll do one for the spot where the Pandaren are. Go check the Allied Races tab on the PTR: there's room for three more after Mechagnomes and Vulpera.

If they were the last ones they would just have edited the banner.
    I mean, seriously, length of the banner proves absolutely nothing

It works the other way around then too. There is no place for a "normal race" anymore, since Pandarens are at the end of the list. There's no problem with that - they could simply change the UI. And I have a pretty good feeling that they already know that Allied Races were some kind of mistake. They do not belong here, it's not a Chinese Free-to-Play MMO that there are over 50 races. What players actually advocated for were different variants of existing races - like Wildhammers for Dwarves or Blackrocks for Orcs or even Taunka for Taurens - nothing more than that. Yet they gave something in between races and the variants I was talking about. Something that belongs nowhere.

Now, think about the idea of introducing a brand-new race - would that be as exciting as Blood Elves / Draeneis or Goblins / Worgens or even Pandarens? Not at all. The concept has been damaged unfortunately, at least for many players. Surely, some people like it. I have nothing against them. But overall, it was a bad and cheap move to re-use the resources they already had so that players who wanted a new race would be happy, and these wanted the variants would be cool with that too. In my opinion, they failed. They should try to merge existsing Allied Races into the "normal races" and meddle with that no more. Just provide normal races, so that that concept won't get watered-down.

I hope they won't give use "Class Skins" like the one with Dragon Knight for a Death Knight. Or a new races that are absolutely out of nowhere. I think the worst element of Legion lore were actually Ren'dorei - the Void Elves. The lore was made in rush so that they would be able to put the Allied Race in time. They even got their quick episode during the Battle for Lordaeron for no real reason. It's just cheap writing in order to provide an excuse for introducing a "cool, new race" into the game pool... because, you know, who wouldn't like to have more rather than less?

ME
    Last edited by Nebron; 2019-10-29 at 07:38 PM.

If the the pamphlet leak is indeed real, it means none of the other Shadowlands leaks are real. Which I think is good, because most of them sound kinda underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Oh man, what’s going on here again
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh man, what’s going on here again
    People arguing that the Shadowlands leak is fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    While I'm not sure they're the ones that NEED revamping (I agree that the shitty meme zones like Redridge seriously need to go), 8.3 implies that the Eastern Plaguelands and Hyjal are the first ones that will be revamped. Westfall too, if you think they'll continue with the HD textures.

On account of giving the "loser races" from BFA new capitals.
    Yeah that too. Actually I just loaded up the PTR and I'm gonna put all the zones into "Priority Buckets" for how soon they should be revamped. And what needs to be revamped.