7+ Year Old Account
    They did a new one with more "effort"
    https://imgur.com/a/0PkRaIX

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Honestly this looks quite good. Reminds me a bit of the Cataclysm one which hopefully indicates a world revamp (if it'd be real).

By the way, what are these circles left and right from Warcraft?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

That "Of" being so off center is triggering me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I did. It's in my signature. For weeks now. Perehaps even a month. But it's not entertaining to only read my own. Plus I don't want this thread to drown. The party hardly even begun.
    There's a newish one in 8.3 speculation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly this looks quite good. Reminds me a bit of the Cataclysm one which hopefully indicates a world revamp (if it'd be real).

By the way, what are these circles left and right from Warcraft?
    got me intrigued too, could indicate some sort of "engine", gears or a compass, that would mean the world revamp, like something new

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    don't mention, im trying hard to ignore that.

Well it's not that different from the MoP one when it comes to positioning:

And the "of" in Warlords of Draenor looks different from the MoP one as well:

And then we have Wrath of the Lich King...

Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-11 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Still not convinced it could be legit. Leaks this season are too specific and sound like wishlists. And already have logos. Now a leak that would send us to the moon, have a few vague points and no title......now that would be mildly believable.
    Someone link this man that leak post lol

The comparison to previous instances of "of" in expansion titles is even more damning. Every previous expansion the "of" is in lower case and smaller than the more important words, just stylized to fit in with the font of the rest of the expansion title. The "of" in Age of Awakening looks nothing like that beyond the O being a bit small

But really after the same guy posted it like 4 different times it just screams "I just learned how to use photoshop, give me attention"

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    The comparison to previous instances of "of" in expansion titles is even more damning. Every previous expansion the "of" is in lower case and smaller than the more important words, just stylized to fit in with the font of the rest of the expansion title. The "of" in Age of Awakening looks nothing like that beyond the O being a bit small

But really after the same guy posted it like 4 different times it just screams "I just learned how to use photoshop, give me attention"
    All three "ofs" in WotLK, MoP and WoD look different and are in different places. Don't really think the "of" is a thing to immediately call it fake when even Blizzard hasn't a guideline for putting "of" always in the same place in the same font. I agree though, the "of" in Age of Awakening is too far left as well.

Well it's not that different from the MoP one when it comes to positioning:

And the "of" in Warlords of Draenor looks different from the MoP one as well:

And then we have Wrath of the Lich King...

The letters are uppercase instead of lower case.
    There's too much space to the right, as if the word "the" is missing.
    The "O" is way too high, and should be nestled into the lower back of lower case "L".
    Capitalizing "OF" is a dead giveaway. And off center.
    Edit: "Of" Has always been in serif font.
    Last edited by Alixie; 2019-09-11 at 01:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think its the distance of the "of" from "age" and "awakening" not being symmetric

- - - Updated - - -

The "O" is way too high, and should be nestled into the lower back of lower case "L".
    maybe is bigger because "age" is not a big word, they had to fill the gap

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Still kind of wild that we really have no idea what's coming next. Usually by now we've seen a consensus in the "leaks" where things are going to go (and Blizz surprises us by doing something different).
    We had no idea about BFA before its reveal, save for a simple leak hours before Blizzcon. All we ever knew is that Kul Tiras might play a part in it due to a datamined texture which featured an anvil and a map, which fueled speculation as to a South Seas expansion which we kinda got, if in a roundabout way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: "Of" Has always been in serif font.
    There's no "TM" on the far right upper corner of the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    There's no "TM" on the far right upper corner of the title.
    Maybe because it wasn’t ready to be shown yet? Don’t know and I don’t want to make this real I just think the newest version of it looks awesome and is very well done.

that's literally an orange colored BFA logo
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    that's literally an orange colored BFA logo
    its rly not, not even the globe lands

i think its the distance of the "of" from "age" and "awakening" not being symmetric

- - - Updated - - -

maybe is bigger because "age" is not a big word, they had to fill the gap
    Blizzard is always careful to balance the titles of their games. If one word is smaller, they skew the "of the" more to one side, so that it balances the larger word. Mists and Wrath are smaller than "Pandaria" and "Lich King", so "of the" are balanced to the left. Chosing the word "AGE" is unusually small in comparison to their other titles. Unusual enough to have to make the preposition "OF" more important by making it almost as large and capitalized as the rest of the title.

The visual effect ends up being unbalanced and ugly. Why not chose a visually pleasing synonym for "Age", instead of making ugly compromises? Especially with that giant "O" randomly floating above the line break where Age and Awakening are leveled.

All three "ofs" in WotLK, MoP and WoD look different and are in different places. Don't really think the "of" is a thing to immediately call it fake when even Blizzard hasn't a guideline for putting "of" always in the same place in the same font. I agree though, the "of" in Age of Awakening is too far left as well.
    This has nothing to do with the location of the word "of" but the size and style of it.

Look at the tail of the "f" in the previous expansion logos, it always flows off towards the o, even in WoD's, and the arm of the "f" is about level with the top of the "o"

The "of" in the Age of Awakening logo draws my eyes to it because the O stands out. This is different from every other instance of "of" used in previous expansions. Blizzard consistently makes these words smaller to draw attention away from them: "the" in The Burning Crusade, "for" in Battle for Azeroth, and "the" in Wrath of the Lich King. Even the "of" in the game's title, World of Warcraft, is tucked away inside the O in "world"

10+ Year Old Account
    What bothers me is the detail in the left and right borders of : World of Warcraft, never seen a logo with it on it, but in the same time, zooming in, we can see that it was copy pasted from one side to the other and them flipped.
    Opening it up on Affinity to try to determine more things.

There's also no custom features on the border, unlike the frost for WotLK, the dragons for MoP, and the iron bands for WoD.

Unless you count that weird 'lily' at half-height, which looks quite off-color anyway.