Why are you all missing the titanic faces at the logo? Just look at the corners left and right from “World”, outside of the top red circles. Those faces look reminiscent of the ones from titan facilities you can find there.

By the way the Awakening leaks are imho the best ones as they come with an entire world revamp. Hope this is true and I really dig the logo. The name though... AoA. Not really.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are you all missing the titanic faces at the logo? Just look at the corners left and right from “World”, outside of the top red circles. Those faces look reminiscent of the ones from titan facilities you can find there.

By the way the Awakening leaks are imho the best ones as they come with an entire world revamp. Hope this is true and I really dig the logo. The name though... AoA. Not really.
    I don't think that "Awakenings" leaks from a while ago is related to this one

Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    I don't think that "Awakenings" leaks from a while ago is related to this one
    Weren’t there multiple Awakenings or Awakening-esque leaks?

You mean these "faces"?

7+ Year Old Account
    The logo leaks always seem to get a lot of attention xD
    Since it's so easy to do it right that on a first sight it's hard to tell if it's not true, so people over-analyze it to look for clues/debunk.

Similar thing with Tides of Vengeance 2 years back.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Actually, lore-wise the Exodar was repaired before Legion. (The subsequent invasion during that expansion may have done some damage, and it seems that the ship will never fly again - which is why the Vindicaar was built.)
    I think that was reconed so that the Vindicaar was built over repairing the exodar

(Nevermind checked on wowpedia, I massively over read into a quote)
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-09-11 at 04:56 PM.

The name though... AoA. Not really.
    Indeed, it's also way too close to the German "aua" (equivalent of "ouch") for pronunciation, sing "Video killed the Radio Star" in your head

If this is all fake it'll be one of the better expansion hoaxs in memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    So is Age of Awakening the next patch then? Not the next expansion.
    Nah, usually patch "logos" don't include "World of Warcraft" at all -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    You mean these "faces"?

Yes I mean exactly those. For me they look similar to the ones in this video (go to 1:10), that's why I said "titanic faces":

But having them in the original logo as well... lol. Maybe I wanted to see more than what's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the Halls are a minor plane of their own, they can move anywhere now that they are free, can they not?
    Odyn tasked helya to place the halls of valor from ulduar to wherever they are now. I don't think odyn is able to move it on his own.
    But then Odyn likes being a dick, so he probably just wanted to show of his powers over helya. Maybe he is able to move it and simply didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    The logo leaks always seem to get a lot of attention xD
    Since it's so easy to do it right that on a first sight it's hard to tell if it's not true, so people over-analyze it to look for clues/debunk.

Similar thing with Tides of Vengeance 2 years back.
    Just curious. We had every expansion leaked before, but was there ever a logo that was leaked? Trademarks or storylines/changes in a forum yes, but i can't remember logos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Nah, usually patch "logos" don't include "World of Warcraft" at all -

All WoW logos:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Logo

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Just curious. We had every expansion leaked before, but was there ever a logo that was leaked? Trademarks or storylines/changes in a forum yes, but i can't remember logos.
    wod logo but it was leaked by blizz themselves

7+ Year Old Account
    All these details are completely new from any other WoW logo ever:
    yeah, thanks for doing that, indeed is unique and those circles are very intriguing.

much work for a fake imo

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, thanks for doing that, indeed is unique and those circles are very intriguing.

much work for a fake imo
    Yeah it is a very detailed one. Then again we had an ingame screenshot faked that provided evidence for a world revamp, a level squish, interface revamp, new dungeons, new customization options and tinkers. So it can be a very good fake.

But if it's true, I dig the title. Sounds like a party. WoW:AoA
    Last edited by Wangming; 2019-09-12 at 05:59 AM.

He's still not wrong about it. Patch logos don't usually have World of Warcraft in them. Expansion logos do.

It looks like the only Patch ones that did were legions Shadows of Argus and Tomb of Sargeras but even there the "World of Warcraft" was much more understated almost like "World of Warcraft" was the subtitle for the patch instead of the other way around.

Nope, the BFA logo has diferent accents on the frame. Looks closer to the Vanilla logo with a minimum alteration in the fame (shields covering the lateral spikes).

At first though it was fake because the "OF" on capital letters, when they never wrote it like that. Until I rewatched the BFA logo and saw thet the "FOR" is on capital letters too.
    Now I'm not so sure. There are more little details on the frame. If it's a fake it's a very good one with a lot of work behind.

All these details are completely new from any other WoW logo ever:
    How is this a lot of work? Do people not know how easy it is to just copy paste things onto a frame and change the color in photoshop?

Also the Chinese logo's subtitle is literally just google translated exactly as is from English to Chinese.

It uses what I can only assume is the wrong "age". 年齡 literally means "age of a thing", so your age, or a rock's age, or the planet's age.
    When it should probably be using 時代 which is the age we are talking about, like age of empires, see:

*眾旅遊時代 / *众旅游时代 ― dàzhòng lǚyóu shídài ― age of mass tourism
    一個時代的產物 / 一个时代的产物 ― yīge shídài de chǎnwù ― a product of an era
    時代氣息 / 时代气息 ― shídài qìxī ― spirit of the times
    禮樂時代 / 礼乐时代 ― lǐyuè shídài ― age of rites and music (i.e. the Zhou dynasty, especially Western Zhou)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It uses what I can only assume is the wrong "age". 年齡 literally means "age of a thing", so your age, or a rock's age, or the planet's age.
    When it should probably be using 時代 which is the age we are talking about, like age of empires, see:
    i though they actually want to mean the first one, not the second, saying this will be indeed another age of the planet/zeroth, something big, the "awakening"

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i though they actually want to mean the first one, not the second, saying this will be indeed another age of the planet/zeroth, something big, the "awakening"
    That is the second one, my guy. The first age means literal age (your age, 20-40(?) years old; a rock's age, 250 million years old; the planet's age, 4.5 billion years old)

here are two example questions:
    (年齡) What is the age of the Titans?
    -Tens or hundreds of thousands of years old.
    (時代) What is the age of the Titans?
    -The period where the Pantheon went around subjugating and ordering planets to foster new world souls.

Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-11 at 10:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That is the second one, my guy. The first age means literal age (your age, 20-40(?) years old; a rock's age, 250 million years old; the planet's age, 4.5 billion years old)

here are two example questions:
    (年齡) What is the age of the Titans?
    -Tens or hundreds of thousands of years old.
    (時代) What is the age of the Titans?
    -The period where the Pantheon went around subjugating and ordering planets to foster new world souls.
    im getting confused, did they use the first or the second one? what you are implying they should have used?