Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it could be that they ditch that middle way and instead used the old gods to attack capitals not the opposite factions.
    The raid is Ny'alotha and every boss is one of three things: minion of an Old God, corrupted by an Old God, or N'zoth (an Old God)

The leak explicitly says "8.3 won't be about old gods or the shadowlands. It will be all about what will be know as the great 'battle for azeroth', a big conflict between both factions resulting in a completely ruined Azeroth. Both Orgrimmar and Stormwind will be heavily bombarded, few quite important characters will die and so on."

Every word of this is contradicted by the 8.3 PTR

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    The raid is Ny'alotha and every boss is one of three things: minion of an Old God, corrupted by an Old God, or N'zoth (an Old God)

The leak explicitly says "8.3 won't be about old gods or the shadowlands. It will be all about what will be know as the great 'battle for azeroth', a big conflict between both factions resulting in a completely ruined Azeroth. Both Orgrimmar and Stormwind will be heavily bombarded, few quite important characters will die and so on."

Every word of this is contradicted by the 8.3 PTR
    like i said, they maybe at first 8.3 was all about faction war, but seeing the bad reception it was ditched and ended on .8.2.5

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    like i said, they maybe at first 8.3 was all about faction war, but seeing the bad reception it was ditched and ended on .8.2.5
    That is extreme mental gymnastics.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That is extreme mental gymnastics.
    its how theories goes sometimes, just not ditching everything

Awakenings images got debunked alread, its fake

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You think they cooked up Ny'lotha fast? have you SEEN that place?
    Could have been planned for 9.0 or 9.1 and just been pushed forward. Who knows at this point. With the faction war ending so abrupt and missing its entire middle part (at least from a story point of view because there's a huge gap between what happens in 8.1.5/8.2 and 8.2.5) it's not surprising that players think something isn't right here.

I mean they could have planned Nyalotha always for 8.3 and the faction war ended with the writing as bad as it begun but again, who knows. I really like the premise of 8.3 yet I could have seen both happening, Sylvanas bridging the gap between 8.3 and 9.0 or just N'zoth. Both potential raids could have been swapped and still would make sense imho (see Sylvanas as some kind of Gul'dan from WoD -> Legion but her being more of an anti-hero than an enemy).
    ____

By the way is there any "leak" left that could be seen as the real one? Don't think so, right? Shadowlands debunked, Awakenings debuned, the 4chan dev leak pretty much debunked. And we're coming closer to "real leak territory" now with only 3 weeks remaining until Blizzcon.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No, 8.2.5 was always going to be the end. Cinematics take FOREVER. Especially a 6 minute one. No, that one was being made 2 years ago. We're just following the same type of storyline as Legion. Replace Antorus with Nyalotha and bam. It's also why I'm certain we defeat N'zoth here(beyond voicelines) they are ending a big threat each expansion. This one is Old Gods. Up next, death.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    No, 8.2.5 was always going to be the end. Cinematics take FOREVER. Especially a 6 minute one. No, that one was being made 2 years ago. We're just following the same type of storyline as Legion. Replace Antorus with Nyalotha and bam. It's also why I'm certain we defeat N'zoth here(beyond voicelines) they are ending a big threat each expansion. This one is Old Gods. Up next, death.
    Legion didn't have a main plotline (faction war) that was distracting from the "real main plotline" (N'zoth) and was then abandoned completely unresolved, Legion was always about the Legion (minus the awful Emerald Nightmare but that was just the entry raid).

Nobody says that the outcome in 8.2.5 wasn't planned (e.g. the cinematic), it's just that a massive part (middle part) of the faction war is completely missing.
    _____

Another note: the talk about the serpent/snake was happening in this thread? Because I'd like to add something to it yet I can't remember where it took place.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-10-11 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Could have been planned for 9.0 or 9.1 and just been pushed forward. Who knows at this point. With the faction war ending so abrupt and missing its entire middle part (at least from a story point of view because there's a huge gap between what happens in 8.1.5/8.2 and 8.2.5) it's not surprising that players think something isn't right here.

I mean they could have planned Nyalotha always for 8.3 and the faction war ended with the writing as bad as it begun but again, who knows. I really like the premise of 8.3 yet I could have seen both happening, Sylvanas bridging the gap between 8.3 and 9.0 or just N'zoth. Both potential raids could have been swapped and still would make sense imho (see Sylvanas as some kind of Gul'dan from WoD -> Legion but her being more of an anti-hero than an enemy).
    ____

By the way is there any "leak" left that could be seen as the real one? Don't think so, right? Shadowlands debunked, Awakenings debuned, the 4chan dev leak pretty much debunked. And we're coming closer to "real leak territory" now with only 3 weeks remaining until Blizzcon.
    I don't remember what the name of the thread was, but there was a 4chan interview where they said stuff like there's chaos at Blizzard and speaking about FFXIV is "forbidden" etc.

Another note: the talk about the serpent/snake was happening in this thread? Because I'd like to add something to it yet I can't remember where it took place.
    I think it's in the bfa patch speculation threat, around the page 975
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...later)/page975

I want to see some serious 5D chess-ing from everyone in the Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I think it's in the bfa patch speculation threat, around the page 975
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...later)/page975
    Perfect, thank you! Post my theories there later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I don't remember what the name of the thread was, but there was a 4chan interview where they said stuff like there's chaos at Blizzard and speaking about FFXIV is "forbidden" etc.
    I don't think this is true, some weeks ago a Blizzard dev visited SquareEnix (FFXIV) in Japan and brought some goodies. I think they have respect for each other. See here:

https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/02/c...hadowbringers/

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion didn't have a main plotline (faction war) that was distracting from the "real main plotline" (N'zoth) and was then abandoned completely unresolved, Legion was always about the Legion (minus the awful Emerald Nightmare but that was just the entry raid).

Nobody says that the outcome in 8.2.5 wasn't planned (e.g. the cinematic), it's just that a massive part (middle part) of the faction war is completely missing.
    _____

When will people realize BfA had 2 leading plots, and neither one of them can be singled out as a "Main" plot like previous expansions have.

Even blizzard said that we finished ONE PART of the battle for Azeroth in 8.2.5 and the second part is coming. Both of the plots follow the theme of fighting for azeroth but in different ways which is why there isn't 1 "Main" plot this time around.

And both plots had a presence throughout the leveling experience and patch content.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    When will people realize BfA had 2 leading plots, and neither one of them can be singled out as a "Main" plot like previous expansions have.

Even blizzard said that we finished ONE PART of the battle for Azeroth in 8.2.5 and the second part is coming. Both of the plots follow the theme of fighting for azeroth but in different ways which is why there isn't 1 "Main" plot this time around.

And both plots had a presence throughout the leveling experience and patch content.
    There's a major difference if one of your "main plots" has like 4-5 cinematics when the other "main plot" has zero. At least for me there's a massively different perception of the existing plots, based alone on that. I mean sure we always knew about the N'zoth plot yet how they marketed BfA was entirely different on how they approached and now will end it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-10-11 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    It's 4chan. Stop paying attention to those infantile trolls and maybe they will eventually go away. Nothing even similar to the truth was ever posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    It's 4chan. Stop paying attention to those infantile trolls and maybe they will eventually go away. Nothing even similar to the truth was ever posted there.
    Besides some real WoW expansion leaks...

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a major difference if one of your "main plots" has like 4-5 cinematics when the other "main plot" has zero. At least for me there's a massively different perception of the existing plots, based alone on that.
    I guess, but doesn't really change that every patch drop has had questlines leading up to it (8.0 with Stormsong, 8.1 Naga Questline, 8.1.5 Crucible of Storms, 8.2 Eternal Palace and 8.2.5 Corruption Questline). It still had a massive lead up with the Azshara cinematic, Azshara Warbringers and various ingame cutscenes. It just wasn't wrapped in a "Nzoth Campaign" like the war campaign questline but still had a large presence.

About the same amount of "cinematics" as most expansions had to build up their end patch unless you are cherry pickings only the Expansion launch style cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    If i remember right, every single expac was leaked on 4chan some time before it was announced. Sometime just a few days before, sometime a couple weeks before.
    That's why we pay some level of attention to 4chan (but not alot)

7+ Year Old Account
    Besides some real WoW expansion leaks...
    Which one precisely? Previous 2 expansions have been leaked on MMO-C, so in recent years there wasn't a valid WoW leak on 4chan. Probably after one expansion got leaked there people started swarming it with fakes and because of that it hasn't happened there again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    If i remember right, every single expac was leaked on 4chan some time before it was announced. Sometime just a few days before, sometime a couple weeks before.
    That's why we pay some level of attention to 4chan (but not alot)
    Legion and BfA were leaked on MMO-C. Sure, someone might've reposted it to 4chan afterwards but it wouldn't have been the real source.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You think they cooked up Ny'lotha fast? have you SEEN that place?
    i have faith in the art team, its the only one doing a good job, and it could be planned for later, but they used now.