7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    He got owned by someone infused with the power of millions of souls at this point.
    you are exagerating

EVERY death since probably the Cataclysm has FED the Maw and Sylvanas's power. Can't beat that with just the helm which was something created by mere demons.
    like i said: he didn't even need to him, put at least a damn hit on the bitch face was enough, not even that they could deliver because of her plot armor, excuse me, ~~death power~~

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Helm apparently originates from the Shadowlands now. But yeah Death is so messed up at this point that even Death is Dying for lack of Anima, which at least since BFA started has all been going directly to feed the Jailer and, by extension, Sylvanas.
    Do you guys feel like we've had a lot of Death/Hell themes this year?

Shadowlands/D4/ man there was something else too...but I'm forgetting it now. Oh! DnD with their Descent into Avernus lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Do you guys feel like we've had a lot of Death/Hell themes this year?

Shadowlands/D4/ man there was something else too...but I'm forgetting it now. Oh! DnD with their Descent into Avernus lol
    Ehhhh D4 isn't really Death themed it's just General Gothic Horror.

And honestly I'll take Shadowlands after the painfully ham-fisted anti-war message of BFA.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    I might honestly get the Hearthstone because that's a slick-ass animation.
    Is pretty slick yeah. The Tmog is pretty A1 for a cloth/plate mix Paladin too.

Although I'm waiting for 8.3.5 release date cuz Void Elf DKs may actually make me level up as one. Dislike that only Warrior was their plate class, I do not find them fun (though ironically in Classic - Warriors are fun and feel very technical).

- - - Updated - - -

Ehhhh D4 isn't really Death themed it's just General Gothic Horror.

And honestly I'll take Shadowlands after the painfully ham-fisted anti-war message of BFA.
    Well I mean it's Hell themed lol.

But yeah Shadowlands is actually a breath of fresh air. I'm excited by the new zones pretty much love all the aesthetics and I am excited for the more class changes that add depth and the gearing system.

Also that tower will be very fun, especially since I expect to typically solo it.

I'm honestly surprised people are upset Bolvar got beat. It's been hinted at throughout the expansion and explicitly shown during the last expansion that Sylvanus has gotten a hefty power boost from the deals she's made. Bolvar on the other hand doesn't have Frostmourne and the souls it contained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, guys. Been up for 14 hours, but only slept 3, so heading to bed. C you all tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    I'm honestly surprised people are upset Bolvar got beat. It's been hinted at throughout the expansion and explicitly shown during the last expansion that Sylvanus has gotten a hefty power boost from the deals she's made. Bolvar on the other hand doesn't have Frostmourne and the souls it contained.
    I think it's less people are mad he lost (though there are some legit mad he didn't kill Sylvanas) and more people are mad he didn't do anything as Lich King. He put the helm on, flash forward about 10 years, now he's lost it. Of course we know he's got some story left to go in Shadowlands, so maybe he ends up getting the Helm reforged before the end, but as we're seeing things right now him ever being Lich King amounted to nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Alright, guys. Been up for 14 hours, but only slept 3, so heading to bed. C you all tomorrow.
    G'night Chicky!

I will continue to be the bannerman of THE BOLVAR till justice is served. What befall our eyes today was a sham.

I think it's less people are mad he lost (though there are some legit mad he didn't kill Sylvanas) and more people are mad he didn't do anything as Lich King. He put the helm on, flash forward about 10 years, now he's lost it. Of course we know he's got some story left to go in Shadowlands, so maybe he ends up getting the Helm reforged before the end, but as we're seeing things right now him ever being Lich King amounted to nothing.
    He kept the scourge in check for 10 years. We'll see what happens once he isn't in the pre-patch scourge invasions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly this.. This is what my friend and I are upset over. He didn't even land a blow. A single blow.

What's even adding to the terrible execution is that Bolvar has been a pretty epic character throughout World of Warcraft (when he's been used for storytelling).

To see that was just ridiculous.

Although I am sure Blizzard knows this, and is why he didn't just die/get killed. They have a plan for THE BOLVAR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly this.. This is what my friend and I are upset over. He didn't even land a blow. A single blow.

What's even adding to the terrible execution is that Bolvar has been a pretty epic character throughout World of Warcraft (when he's been used for storytelling).

To see that was just ridiculous.

Although I am sure Blizzard knows this, and is why he didn't just die/get killed. They have a plan for THE BOLVAR.
    I have to imagine they have a plan for him. He's set up pretty clearly in the Magni/Khadgar role this expansion. Which means we'll all hate him by the end.

Also I did my civic duty and uploaded this to Giphy.

Okay so I went from f*** you blizzard to can't wait for the beta relatively quickly because that feature trailer was s***

Can we all come to agreement that the new azerite grind is going to be anima and it's just kind of stupid but they tried saying it was gone but the most hilarious moment of the panel was when he said AP endless grind disappeared the entire arena or Hall whatever you want to call it cheered louder than they did during any announcement

7+ Year Old Account
    I have to imagine they have a plan for him. He's set up pretty clearly in the Magni/Khadgar role this expansion. Which means we'll all hate him by the end.

Also I did my civic duty and uploaded this to Giphy.

Blessed thou believer of THE BOLVAR.

Also yeh, especially with the forging of leggos through the Forge of Damnation. Although how can you come to hate the Lich King (or should I say THE BOLVAR)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Okay so I went from f*** you blizzard to can't wait for the beta relatively quickly because that feature trailer was s***

Can we all come to agreement that the new azerite grind is going to be anima and it's just kind of stupid but they tried saying it was gone but the most hilarious moment of the panel was when he said AP endless grind disappeared the entire arena or Hall whatever you want to call it cheered louder than they did during any announcement
    Anima is not an infinite grind.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295991/...grind-of-anima

I get that. He did do some things behind the scenes in Legion but he mostly sat back and "held the Scourge at by" and not much else. I'm referring to the people complaining about him getting bodied in the cinematic. Anyone who's been paying attention should not be surprised he got "Warfed" so easily.

10+ Year Old Account

I honestly think Anima is going to be appreciably different from Artifact Power.

I don't think there's a bar anymore, I don't think there's world quest hunting anymore. If anything I think Anima will work more like Order/War Resources to upgrade our Covenant's Sanctuary to unlock more stuff we can do with it.

Blessed thou believer of THE BOLVAR.

Also yeh, especially with the forging of leggos through the Forge of Damnation. Although how can you come to hate the Lich King (or should I say THE BOLVAR)

- - - Updated - - -

Anima is not an infinite grind.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295991/...grind-of-anima
    Oh my God they're learning

Since no new class, I'll probably use my level boost on a void elf death knight. Depends on what the unique customization for them looks like. Still don't know if I wanna change my main from a rogue though...

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    It does make Saurfang's duel with Sylvanas more impressive, in retrospect, now that it's obvious just how much she's powered up. Varok went out the same way as his brother Broxigar, getting a single hit and a moral victory against an opponent that was completely out of his weight class.

7+ Year Old Account
    I must say after the disappointment of the initial trailer the what's next panel did make me like the expansion a lot. Hopefully deep dive is just as good and doesn't feature some hidden feature we will all hate
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Maybe the BFA logins screen was so lame and shitty because the art team was busy on this?
    They definitely have been busy, in any case. There's a crapton of new art in Shland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I must say after the disappointment of the initial trailer the what's next panel did make me like the expansion a lot. Hopefully deep dive is just as good and doesn't feature some hidden feature we will all hate
    Now if only my sleep cycle wasn't completely effed to Hel and i only slept 3h tonight. Watching the Deep Dive is gonna be trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my God they're learning
    Largely sounds like back to Legion to me, to be honest. Though there might be a weekly cap this time.