I'm not too positive that the level squish will come before 9.0

• It probably messes with raiding/M+, depending on how outlevelling older raids will be handled.
    • I kinda expect a profession overhaul to kinda merge the existing tiers, or at least a good squish of the Vanilla stuff (no one in their right mind will level/reroll 1-300 just for some silly low-rez items)
      Possibly merging certain "sets" into Ensembles that teach the Transmog.
    • Along with the overhaul of crafted gear and consumables, equalize quest rewards from Vanilla/BC/WotLK (last changed in Cata or MoP) and the whole iLvl scaling in general (currently, even items from the same expansion, at the same iLvl/quality, seem to have different stat budgets)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm not too positive that the level squish will come before 9.0

• It probably messes with raiding/M+, depending on how outlevelling older raids will be handled.
    • I kinda expect a profession overhaul to kinda merge the existing tiers, or at least a good squish of the Vanilla stuff (no one in their right mind will level/reroll 1-300 just for some silly low-rez items)
      Possibly merging certain "sets" into Ensembles that teach the Transmog.
    • Along with the overhaul of crafted gear and consumables, equalize quest rewards from Vanilla/BC/WotLK (last changed in Cata or MoP) and the whole iLvl scaling in general (currently, even items from the same expansion, at the same iLvl/quality, seem to have different stat budgets)
    I think they already did the profession overhaul by seperating skills for individual expansions. It would certainly explain why they did it.

Nobody will skill vanilla skills for the items... but with the system we have now, nobody needs to, either.

Where are you getting that last point from, though? All items with the same iLvl and stat distribution will have the exact same stats. This is particularly noticeable in TWs due to scaling. Quality hasn't been a relevant factor in the budget formula since MoP. The only budget breakers are special equip effects that weren't properly budgeted.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Quality hasn't been a relevant factor in the budget formula since MoP.
    Cata, actually, but yes, you're right. Only mentioned quality to prevent someone claiming the difference comes from that. However, at least secondary stat allocation seems to be off, I'm seeing items with the same amount of Mainstat & Stamina, and then Secondaries that are 11/13 and 14/12. I think I might have even seen some quest rewards that are simply Mainstat & Stamina, in BC or WotLK content.

EU servers are currently down, will check tomorrow, I think I sold gloves earlier that looked somewhat different than the ones I had already equipped, despite the same iLvl (latter were from a set, which might affect it further)
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2020-01-08 at 02:12 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Cata, actually, but yes, you're right. Only mentioned quality to prevent someone claiming the difference comes from that. However, at least secondary stat allocation seems to be off, I'm seeing items with the same amount of Mainstat & Stamina, and then Secondaries that are 11/13 and 14/12. I think I might have even seen some quest rewards that are simply Mainstat & Stamina, in BC or WotLK content.

EU servers are currently down, will check tomorrow, I think I sold gloves earlier that looked somewhat different than the ones I had already equipped, despite the same iLvl (latter were from a set, which might affect it further)
    Those are different distributions. The differences might be rounding errors, especially with such small values.

The sockets on those gloves are going to mess things up as well, since they don't really scale properly due to how gems work.

Curious to see what they do with professions. Especially engineering.
    I'm a thread killer.

I wont lvl another character from 1-120 ever.

I will lvl it 1-60 homever in shadowlands.

Thankfully the allied races i have left to lvl are: Kul tirans, vulpera and mechagnomes.

but i really just cant fathom it.

Even lvling my goblin is a pain.

Those are different distributions. The differences might be rounding errors, especially with such small values.

The sockets on those gloves are going to mess things up as well, since they don't really scale properly due to how gems work.
    Buyback of course was cleared on logout, I forgot. So, I restored some items (on suspicion, since the webpage showed wildly different iLvls. Here's an iLvl 105 quest reward from WotLK, compared to the iLvl 105 set gauntlets from a BC dungeon. I acknowledge this is a bad example due to the set, which may grant a different budget.

------------------------------------------

Last night, I finally got a good an ok shot of something I wanted to show you guys since BlizzCon:

It's silly, but whatever :P (if not apparent from context, "Nächster Halt" is German for "next stop")
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2020-01-08 at 12:43 PM.

hope the expansion doesnt drop until the late fall.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Buyback of course was cleared on logout, I forgot. So, I restored some items (on suspicion, since the webpage showed wildly different iLvls. Here's an iLvl 105 quest reward from WotLK, compared to the iLvl 105 set gauntlets from a BC dungeon. I acknowledge this is a bad example due to the set, which may grant a different budget.
    There's definitely something off with the set gauntlets. Do note that they have 5 stats(primary, sta, crit, dodge, sockets) compared to the other's 3, though. Getting more value the more stats there are is actually part of the formula.

It's silly, but whatever :P (if not apparent from context, "Nächster Halt" is German for "next stop")
    Better hope nothing unexpected happens so the train doesn't get canceled. Like weather. Or seasons.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-01-08 at 12:18 PM.

Better hope nothing unexpected happens so the train doesn't get canceled. Like weather. Or seasons.
    Bus, but the line was previously owned by DB.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Curious to see what they do with professions. Especially engineering.
    What would they do about it? Engi was best prof for years in the past, doubt they want to repeat that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Something I hadn't seen before that might be the concept for the Necrolords convenant mount.

They said somewhere that you'd have your mount in multiple colours and then an upgraded version as part of the campaign!
    Last edited by Darist3c; 2020-04-20 at 07:45 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post

It may not be this, but it's close enough I guess?
    Also Zandalari DKs mean I can finally make a Bwonsamdi-themed DK. But I'll just put 'she's alive' in MyRP or something
    Well he uses a darkspear troll model.. which we already can which is yroll dk!

Hapoy rping and good luck!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    hope the expansion doesnt drop until the late fall.
    Imo late October would be best. To be more precise, 26th October.

- Prepatch could land last week of September to boost Q3 numbers
    - Enough time to rid out of launch bugs before Blizzcon (6th November)
    - Enough time after Blizzcon to start Castle Nathria and S1 (17th/18th November)
    - Blizzcon could have detailed info about 9.1/9.1.5 (and Classic BC "reveal"?), people would be much more interested, we still ride hype train 12 days after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by belsalles View Post
    thread is dead?!
    Nothing to talk about until more info comes out. It will pick up to the usual fervor once alpha/beta is out.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm guessing we'll start getting some new SL info in 2-3 weeks since 8.3 will have been out.

Could definitely be longer since they have been dragging stuff out this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure if this was pointed out, but i found in reddit that Amazon had a new book listed for wow, its listed with the name "Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms", here the description:

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd topic for a new Warcraft book aside from my tinfoil hat theory.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi