7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Shekzara is a damn lag fest.

My prediction for next week is there will be NOTHING!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    No, he isn't, and this statement on your part is born out of ignorance, I'm afraid. Sorry, but it is. You every try that brawl in Legion? Mmmm? No? Because it was exactly the fucking same.
    No it wasn't you condescending dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5E1d0xrqs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ngWDHOywc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc-avteeP6U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyogBig5kA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtNBGwuRGc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7siZZB8_w

There was 0 input lag in legion. Compare it to now, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKhC5l-aKxo and you can clearly see the servers buckling.

What a fuck head. I played the brawl during legion and didn't experience any lag.
    Last edited by Merryck; 2020-03-09 at 01:27 AM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    No it wasn't you condescending dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5E1d0xrqs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ngWDHOywc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc-avteeP6U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyogBig5kA

There was 0 input lag in legion. Compare it to now, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKhC5l-aKxo and you can clearly see the servers buckling.

What a fuck head. I played the brawl during legion and didn't experience any lag.
    No. I played in Legion, tons, and it had tons of lag most matches. Youtubes of it not having lag are hilariously pointless.

Claiming it had zero lag in Legion just means you're ignorant about this, as I said. It had plenty of times with unplayable lag in Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit. I played in Legion, tons, and it had tons of lag most matches. Youtubes of it not having lag are hilariously pointless.

Claiming it had zero lag in Legion just means you're ignorant, as I said.
    Yeah fuck off. I have given you proof, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    A case of different experiences per user much like bugs, some people get them others don't. Calm your tits bear.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I never said lag is anything new. Stop quoting me and telling me my post is super weird while putting your words in my mouth. That’s the only thing that’s super weird, no idea why you’ve done that twice in a row now. I said it’s gotten worse in BfA but lag has always, always been in the game. Maybe the reason I think it’s worse is because I’ve done more outdoor 40v40 shit so I noticed it more. However, WoD wasn’t too long ago, I can assure you I haven’t forgotten about it.

And yes, my SSD is actually new. 1 tb, 960 evo. I’m not sure why you have no idea these issues exist in the game but they’re well known issues. I’m not even remotely the first person to bring it up, and it’s really weird that youre acting like I am. Go look up “battle for Nazjatar lag”, you’ll find plenty of evidence. If you get two 40 man groups together in any zone it’ll lag heavily. It’s been an issue for a long time.

Edit- I just googled “battle for Nazjatar lag”. Yeah, there’s plenty of evidence that should show you it’s a game/tech issue, not a player issue. Why’re you arguing about something you haven’t even looked up?
    Nazjatar may well have lag some of the time, I dunno, but the 40v40 brawl has had lag, and terrible lag, since long before BfA. Indeed, I can't think of many times in WoW when 40v40 didn't have terrible lag.

I don't think there's any evidence here that lag has "got worse" in BfA. That's some "Onyxia deep breaths more!" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Would you please explain your thought process that leads you to assume that a world boss borrowing heavily from a raidboss in MoP would be a heavy indicator of RNG?
    I’m not talking about the mechanics themselves as those aren’t exactly what’s causing leg but a vast majority of the lag caused during this patch is the result of all the different systems from blizzard

The reason for this is each time you cast a spell the game has to process all of these random rolls and since World of Warcraft is not a client-based system your computer is being forced to do all of those calculations

This is what causes the lag because one spell can have up to six random affects that it Hass to calculate for multiply that by how many people you are nearby have to deal with and you will have extreme lag

No personally I really like the mechanics that the boss has but that’s because I really liked that expansion and those raid bosses were interesting to me

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m not talking about the mechanics themselves as those aren’t exactly what’s causing leg but a vast majority of the lag caused during this patch is the result of all the different systems from blizzard

The reason for this is each time you cast a spell the game has to process all of these random rolls and since World of Warcraft is not a client-based system your computer is being forced to do all of those calculations

This is what causes the lag because one spell can have up to six random affects that it Hass to calculate for multiply that by how many people you are nearby have to deal with and you will have extreme lag

No personally I really like the mechanics that the boss has but that’s because I really liked that expansion and those raid bosses were interesting to me
    If this were the case, people across every server and piece of content would have issues. And I'm sorry, but I didn't experience anything such as that even before I upgraded my comp. Hell, I don't experience it in Uldum during the raid boss there at all in the same way as with the Klaxxi WB in Vale...

As for people referring to Preach... he is who he is, does he really have access to the facts and figures though?
    Bellular is another content creator laying claim to knowing shit in detail (and being a game dev) but in the end...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A case of different experiences per user much like bugs, some people get them others don't. Calm your tits bear.
    Pretty much.

I remember back in WOTLK, I had 3 weeks where I literally couldn't play my main on my then server. I'd get 3k MS and lag, then DC no matter what I did. None of my guildmates had the same problem. And I could play just fine on other servers.

It never became clear what had happened, but that experience made me realize the difference between unplayable lag, and just MMORPG-lag.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he isn't, and this statement on your part is born out of ignorance, I'm afraid. Sorry, but it is. You every try that brawl in Legion? Mmmm? No? Because it was exactly the fucking same. Exactly as "unplayable" (except it is playable for anyone who has played MMOs since the dawn age, when they were all like this in large battles, except DAoC). Trying to blame RNG and procs and so on is just really ignorant. It's sad to hear a major YouTuber is so ignorant, frankly.
    I remember the Dalaran lagfest during the PVP efforts very well. Legion had plenty of problematic moments for some players, none or not as invasive for others. Exactly the same as in BfA, regardless of the usual "current expansion is literally teh worst"-mentality so prevalent on these forums.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-09 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Try playing the ongoing TM vs SS brawl and tell me if it's playable.

Preach is right - all the layers of RNG and procs are breaking the game. Too many dice rolls.

That said, it should be better in Shadowlands without azerite gear, essences, corrupted gear (though it will be present in some rendition, hopefully with less procs.)

It's hilarious that up to 60% of your damage can come from RNG procs from the aforementioned sources. Good riddance.
    TBH I am not sure about it since its just in Vale.

And it isnt Shekzara either it happens to me during when OG invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You will expect something tomorrow anyway, just accept it and prepare to be disappointed.
    yea, being candid, i tell my self that there is no way to tell when blizz will release a non encrypted build and i shouldn't get my hopes up for anything at any point as i have no evidence when it will happen only that it will at some point.

but i am human, and as with anything i want its only human to feel some impatience waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    TBH I am not sure about it since its just in Vale.

And it isnt Shekzara either it happens to me during when OG invasions.
    It definitely is Shek'zara that is causing the zonewide server lag. You may have some unrelated issue that also causes lag for you, but there's a very noticeable difference between Shek'zara being in combat and not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm that Epic BGs and Brawls have been insanely laggy too, Ashran and IoC are big offenders, Wintergrasp has been smooth so far.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

No, he isn't, and this statement on your part is born out of ignorance, I'm afraid. Sorry, but it is. You every try that brawl in Legion? Mmmm? No? Because it was exactly the fucking same. Exactly as "unplayable" (except it is playable for anyone who has played MMOs since the dawn age, when they were all like this in large battles, except DAoC). Trying to blame RNG and procs and so on is just really ignorant. It's sad to hear a major YouTuber is so ignorant, frankly.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I misread that bit, but the rest of your post is still super-weird. Lag isn't new with BfA, and you're acting like it is.

And the thing you're describing as lag? Well, that's a perfect description of me loading into Dalaran in Legion, before I got an SSD. You're running off an SSD right?
    as a programmer i can say with a much larger than normal level of confidence that generating random is often very inefficient and taxing.

c++ 11 is a little better
    https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Goi...idered-Harmful

ultimately it depends on what hardware they have and also what random algorithm there using but as my old lecturer would say its generally best to avoid random if at all possible if you care about performance.

not saying rand() or w/e lib there using is behind wows performance issues atm, just pointing out it is rooted in some truths anout random and its usual poor perfomance and taxing on systems.

You know, people might not wanna hear it, but the main culprit might just be Blizzard downgrading their servers to save money. They layed off 800 employees after a record profit year so I'm not putting it past them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    You know, people might not wanna hear it, but the main culprit might just be Blizzard downgrading their servers to save money. They layed off 800 employees after a record profit year so I'm not putting it past them.
    As people have stated numerous times, the layoffs had nothing to do with the actual meat behind the games. I sincerely doubt that it had any effect on the game as these issues aren't exactly new.

That being said it does suck big time trying to do weekly win for the brawl/epic BG and literally being unable to do anything besides sit there and hope your team put more aoe's down than the other.

I wish Blizzard would at least say something regarding the matter so people would stop saying its user-sourced.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Nazjatar may well have lag some of the time, I dunno, but the 40v40 brawl has had lag, and terrible lag, since long before BfA. Indeed, I can't think of many times in WoW when 40v40 didn't have terrible lag.

I don't think there's any evidence here that lag has "got worse" in BfA. That's some "Onyxia deep breaths more!" stuff.
    I think every post you made has ignored certain parts of my post just so you can be condescending. Even though you’ve already had to apologize for misreading my first post and then just now saying “I have no idea if nazjatar has lag” right after arguing that it doesn’t, lmao. Jesus man, what a clown.

Either youre trolling or super dense, but just to explain. I specifically said “this may be because I’ve done more 40v40 open world content this expansion” which should cue you in that I’m not making a claim that lag has gotten worse in BfA, just that it feels that way due to the type of content I participate in. I even flat out said large scale pvp content has always been dogshit in this game due to how unplayable it gets. In one of my posts earlier I referenced ashran as well which was an absolute lagfest unless you were off doing the side quests.

I went back and read the first post you made in response to mine and honestly, I have no idea why I responded. Huge yikes
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2020-03-09 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    They literally hired more people for the WoW team though with a focus on NOT saving money on their biggest franchises, because to make money you gotta spend money.

Conjecture such as this is utterly pointless. Every expansion's had lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They literally hired more people for the WoW team though with a focus on NOT saving money on their biggest franchises, because to make money you gotta spend money.

Conjecture such as this is utterly pointless. Every expansion's had lag.
    I'm not entirely sure how downgrading servers would even save them money to begin with.

Right, I know I was pessimistic about Alpha last week, and the week before that. But I'm gonna be positive and bold for this one.

That means predictions!

1. Monday: Q&A submission Thread opens.
    2. Tuesday: Secret Community Influencer Summit.
    3. Wednesday: Alpha becomes datamineable!
    4. Thursday: Q&A/Presentation with Ion.

Am I certain about any of that? Nah. But that's where I'll put my gold on this time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It definitely is Shek'zara that is causing the zonewide server lag. You may have some unrelated issue that also causes lag for you, but there's a very noticeable difference between Shek'zara being in combat and not.
    Doubtful as people on my shards and what not have had the lag even during the OG invasions.