Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This is honestly depressing. I'm kind of annoyed that ion would say very soon when it's over a month. Over a month is blizzard soon not very soon.
    Do we have to get the Blizzard Soon wiki page out?

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Soon

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    I'm starting to think the shadowlands we are visiting, including the Jailer threat and the Arbiter, are local to Azeroth.

How would Sylvanas killing a couple hundred thousand, maybe a million, people empower the Jailer? Surely the Arbiter and the Jailer would be receiving trillions of souls from throughout the cosmos - sylvanas feeding him a million would be a minuscule grain of sand.

I think their domain is limited to Azeroth... which begs the question, are there more jailers and arbiters throughout the universe?

OR, has the legion snuffed out all life from the universe, leaving our pocket in the shadowlands the only one surviving whilst the others withered from a lack of life and anima.
    I’m fairly certain they confirmed the Shadowlands is for all worlds. There are even whispy ghosts that represent souls from worlds we haven’t been to yet, which were in the Bastion demo. Other ghosts had clear Azeroth/Draenor/Argus denizen’s forms.

I think the Jailer normally gets veeeeerry few souls. Only the absolutely irredeemable ones. Something happened to break the normal process where the arbiter distributes souls between the different Shadowlands realms and instead all souls from all worlds are going directly to the Maw. We don’t yet know when this happened or the cause, but they teased it at Blizzcon.

So if the Jailer only normally gets a small portion of irredeemable souls (as an example) and now he’s received hundreds of thousands it probably makes a big difference. Plus the way they described it, the lack of new souls is causing adverse effects on the other realms/Covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    bruh disneyland closed. I'm sure it will affect the production line.
    Honestly, any game that can grab attention at this moment is set to make bank. With so many people confined to their homes but not seriously ill there will be a sudden surge in demand for at-home entertainment, video games included. Really, if Blizzard is smart they should go all in at this point and release the Alpha to capitalize on all the bored people at home browsing the internet looking for something to play, and perhaps even more lucrative, the twitch streams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I’m fairly certain they confirmed the Shadowlands is for all worlds. There are even whispy ghosts that represent souls from worlds we haven’t been to yet, which were in the Bastion demo. Other ghosts had clear Azeroth/Draenor/Argus denizen’s forms.

I think the Jailer normally gets veeeeerry few souls. Only the absolutely irredeemable ones. Something happened to break the normal process where the arbiter distributes souls between the different Shadowlands realms and instead all souls from all worlds are going directly to the Maw. We don’t yet know when this happened or the cause, but they teased it at Blizzcon.

So if the Jailer only normally gets a small portion of irredeemable souls (as an example) and now he’s received hundreds of thousands it probably makes a big difference. Plus the way they described it, the lack of new souls is causing adverse effects on the other realms/Covenants.
    Well, we do know pretty much exactly how he gets them. Bwonsamdi in BfA showed that death gods get the souls of those killed by those bonded to them. So whoever Sylvanas kills, by proxy or otherwise is sent to the Jailer.

This could change of course, but so far the implication of how it works seems pretty clear.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly, any game that can grab attention at this moment is set to make bank. With so many people confined to their homes but not seriously ill there will be a sudden surge in demand for at-home entertainment, video games included. Really, if Blizzard is smart they should go all in at this point and release the Alpha to capitalize on all the bored people at home browsing the internet looking for something to play, and perhaps even more lucrative, the twitch streams.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we do know pretty much exactly how he gets them. Bwonsamdi in BfA showed that death gods get the souls of those killed by those bonded to them. So whoever Sylvanas kills, by proxy or otherwise is sent to the Jailer.

This could change of course, but so far the implication of how it works seems pretty clear.
    That's not really how they made it sound in the SL trailer.

They didn't say that Sylvanas is forcing souls into the Maw.
    They said that "the machine of death is broken".
    Otherwise, other planets and worlds would still be getting Anima into the other realms. But ALL deaths since the Broken Shore have gone directly into the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    That's not really how they made it sound in the SL trailer.

They didn't say that Sylvanas is forcing souls into the Maw.
    They said that "the machine of death is broken".
    Otherwise, other planets and worlds would still be getting Anima into the other realms. But ALL deaths since the Broken Shore have gone directly into the Maw.
    It could work differently in Shadowlands of course, but the Nazmir storyline does show that the way Bwonsamdi at least gets souls is by binding people to him, and thereby gaining whatever souls they are responsible for killing. Doing it to the player character to go quids in on our murderhobo status, as well as wanting to be bound to the Zandalari royalty bloodline to get all the souls from there as well.

Personal theory so far is that Sylvanas used this aforementioned way of getting souls to empower the Jailer, allowing him to use whatever vague nebulous powers he has to break the machine of death some more.

Huh. I really thought Thursday would be a pretty conservative and safe estimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It could work differently in Shadowlands of course, but the Nazmir storyline does show that the way Bwonsamdi at least gets souls is by binding people to him, and thereby gaining whatever souls they are responsible for killing. Doing it to the player character to go quids in on our murderhobo status, as well as wanting to be bound to the Zandalari royalty bloodline to get all the souls from there as well.

Personal theory so far is that Sylvanas used this aforementioned way of getting souls to empower the Jailer, allowing him to use whatever vague nebulous powers he has to break the machine of death some more.
    I think Bwonsamdi cares more about any Troll souls more so then anything outside of that venue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think Bwonsamdi cares more about any Troll souls more so then anything outside of that venue.
    i know, i am just stating the only definite fact about souls going to the Shadowland we know. There is the one area in legion with Helya i suppose, but it seems to work on the same principle.

Almost at 2000, Alpha is near! Keep it up, guys!

Like.. Any news would be nice!

Have we had any news since Blizzcon?
    (I really hope the un-pruning of spells, means a major overhaul to class-design)

Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post

(I really hope the un-pruning of spells, means a major overhaul to class-design)
    i don't think we had any news.. and i really hope so too

If we had news, I can't remember them.

We had the book announcement and Ion's interview, but that does not translate to anything in-game, just a prologue to the expansion and something that went wrong with 8.3 that won't be in 9.0 according to Ion.

We’re probably not going to get anything of substance until the end of next week.

3+ Year Old Account

I'd love more information about the book, especially another expert from it
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    dang it feels like it has been for ever since blizzcon. need alpha!

come on blizz i just want to see some datamines

10+ Year Old Account
    No real/exciting info since Blizzard is kinda weird...

Ion is basically a born liar. I trust his word as far as I can throw him.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Ion is basically a born liar. I trust his word as far as I can throw him.
    take that back.