7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what a wonderful day to not get alpha
    Mcdonalds in the morning with coffee. Wonderful day indeed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Scrapped content or not I think the point is WoD SHOULD Of at least had more in it then what Blizzard planned to do with it. As in don't treat WoW as yearly expansions. It was a dumb idea in the first place but I think I'v said that enough.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    I think it's safe to say that we need some Shadowlands news ASAP. It's starting to get really testy in here mostly due to the frusturation of Ion and the WoW team being radio silent.
    Blizzard really does not care about "how they look" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    A scrapped patch to me is a planned patch that gets scrapped.

Easy. They had to scrap tons of CONTENT for WoD because of the release schedule restraint, but the patch cycle was in place long before we got to see what went on.

And since they did more hyping and marketing for WoD than actual development, I'm willing to bet they knew all along what would make it into the game and what wouldn't. That's how shitty of an effort it was.

Meanwhile, we've had zero signs of an 8.3.5. What was it going to contain? When was it planned to come out? Why did they add changes to 8.3 rather than save it and put it into an 8.3.5 patch to appease those wanting an added 5?

8.3.5 having been scrapped is pure speculation. So was the sentiment some out here was spreading during 8.2 where apparently "the expansion had been abandoned midways".
    Its also possible they just roll whatever would have been in 8.3.5 into the prepatch for shadowlands. Honestly with the account bound essence stuff already in I am not really sure how much more would have been done in an 8.3.5 patch as is. Normally the final sub patch of the expansion is the one that unleashes the alts and now with 100% xp boost for a month + account essence system we are pretty much there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Its also possible they just roll whatever would have been in 8.3.5 into the prepatch for shadowlands. Honestly with the account bound essence stuff already in I am not really sure how much more would have been done in an 8.3.5 patch as is. Normally the final sub patch of the expansion is the one that unleashes the alts and now with 100% xp boost for a month + account essence system we are pretty much there.
    The only thing that could realistically be worthy of making 8.3.5 a patch would either be a major system revamp like the levelling changes in 7.3.5, an AR or a long and intricate questline in either revamped areas or new areas in general. The only one of these that could realistically be scrapped at this late stage would be the questline, so maybe.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

[IMG]itshappening.jpeg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Seems to be encrypted...

I feel like we might have to sstart considering the very real possibility that there will be no public datamineable Alpha for Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Another Encrypted build. C'mon man.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    ah damn, feelsbadman.

I swear the disappointment box makes it hard to want to play Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Let’s say I am a big streamer

I get the alpha with NDA

I let blizz know that X feature is great and give suggestions for Y feature

Benefit of that over in house QA is
    1. Being in front of thousands allows me to get a feel for how players would react (azerite gear)
    2. The in house team is more for making sure it works not making sure ppl like it.
    Well then I hope they don't only rely on the streamer's perceived opinion, as streamers produce echo chambers quite easily. And BfA has shown quite well how people pre-determine their opinion of content based on incomplete Beta/PTR stuff and ambigous datamining.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let these builds stay encrypted until they're ready to be shown. I want to be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting boring :/
    C'mon bring us dataminable build !

This was the last encrypted build. Next week we get our first dataminable build and the week after alpha starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to someone that's the last encryptedd build. Alpha next week. We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    This was the last encrypted build. Next week we get our first dataminable build and the week after alpha starts.
    Where did you hear that.

oh good another boring week

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    Let these builds stay encrypted until they're ready to be shown. I want to be surprised.
    Then.. don't go to 9.0 threads?..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, then parents better keep their kids away from streamers. I'm not sure that's in the latters best interest.
    Well children have 0 money and ppl think streamers only care about money

Better keep the kids away from cartoons as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Because people think data mine information is confirmed of what were gonna happen and set in stone. People refuse to realise that LOTS of content that's get thought up and created for testing gets scrapped for various reason and is a normal process in game development.
    Like mass rez being in the vanilla files

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Well then I hope they don't only rely on the streamer's perceived opinion, as streamers produce echo chambers quite easily. And BfA has shown quite well how people pre-determine their opinion of content based on incomplete Beta/PTR stuff and ambigous datamining.
    That’s why you get a public testing period as well and everyone else in that alpha

Heck dude I don’t like some streamers but they tend to point shit out.

As many people already mentioned, this is probably our last week without any alpha news... Rejoice people, alpha time will soon begin ! (as in probably next week!)
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.