Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I know they are not character models, but rather creature models. But personally I don't think that's definite evidence towards them not being playable in the future. They clearly use the same animations as draenei, with some unique additions like the running animations. If we look back to vulpera or Nightborne, we see similar situations (vulpera with the unique animations, nightborne with the creature models first then chr). With the added circumstance that vulpera were Blizz's worst kept secret and I'd imagine they'd try to do a better job at hiding it now.

PS: Just to clarify, I didn't write that reddit post. But I thought it was interesting to share for those who want to speculate and are excited for it. For those who don't, that's fine too.
    Sure, but the only reason we can see that those records exist is because some of the allied race UI stuff is being reused for covenants. That's like all the reason for them being in there. I definitely wouldn't confirm anything either as coming or not coming based on those records alone nor would I start speculating based on that. Pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    They've also got this going on.
    We are fighting dreamers...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Sure, but the only reason we can see that those records exist is because some of the allied race UI stuff is being reused for covenants. That's like all the reason for them being in there. I definitely wouldn't confirm anything either as coming or not coming based on those records alone. Pretty ridiculous.
    I don't quite understand what you mean by "some of the allied race UI being reused for covenants", if you could clarify I'd really appreciate it. Though I will 100% agree that there's no basis for any kind of "confirmation" one way or the other, which I don't think neither I nor the reddit poster claimed in the first place.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well, if Horde gets Venthyr, I wouldn't complain.
    I think I'd race-change my NElf if they did that

Lmao that's pretty close to the Naruto Run

Also, Wrrrryy
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-04-11 at 11:31 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    "Four new IDs were added to the AlliedRaces.db2 file since BFA live and this Alpha."

Hey just saw the Trolls customziation and they did get the Amani skin color, im so Happy, Vengeance for Zul'jin indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Forest trolls before TBC used a green troll model. It's still being used for the trolls that invade in island expeditions.

It would be good if they made a forest troll model that's muscular like the Zandalari but not as ridiculous as the current beefy model used by forest and ice trolls like HotS Zul'Jin

to be fair all trolls can be beef like that, even the jungle trolls(dark spear)

- - - Updated - - -

ok, those vampires are starting to grow on me, this si pretty cool and unique, at least they aren't elves 4 is enough for a while.

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck that's scary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Torghast looks sick.
    It's horrifically majestic.

Oribos is pretty, but i hope they make it somewhat brighter.
    That grey-rainy looking skybox makes the entire thing looks somewhat depressive.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Torghast screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/CZ2xXoJ

Oribos screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/fJ1Pepg
    Oribos is small.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    We are fighting dreamers...
    Dammit, it was said..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Fuck that's scary.
    They just wanna give you hug!

I know they are not character models, but rather creature models. But personally I don't think that's definite evidence towards them not being playable in the future. They clearly use the same animations as draenei, with some unique additions like the running animations. If we look back to vulpera or Nightborne, we see similar situations (vulpera with the unique animations, nightborne with the creature models first then chr). With the added circumstance that vulpera were Blizz's worst kept secret and I'd imagine they'd try to do a better job at hiding it now.

PS: Just to clarify, I didn't write that reddit post. But I thought it was interesting to share for those who want to speculate and are excited for it. For those who don't, that's fine too.
    Right now I'll just put them into the same bucket with Tuskar, Taunka, Vrukyl etc. Those are all NPC races with customization options and thus share many things with player races on data level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Torghast screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/CZ2xXoJ

Oribos screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/fJ1Pepg
    Meh, Oribos is just a citadel, not a city.

Is Oribos going to be SL's capital? And is it then going to be aka Dalaran (both factions here)? I hope so, shared capitals make the game feel more alive and occupied.

What I'd like to know, is whether Blizzard intended Vulpera to be playable eventually from the start, or did they respond to the fanbase reaction to the race at Blizzcon and after?

I recall the first Vulpera looking quite a bit different from what we got eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Is Oribos going to be SL's capital? And is it then going to be aka Dalaran (both factions here)? I hope so, shared capitals make the game feel more alive and occupied.
    Yes, it's a neutral player hub.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I'm still terrified that they're going to pull some bullshit and make it the WoD Draka
    Omg... wait. Are the Shadowlands outside of "realities"? Is there only one SL, or many in different realities? What happens when MU Draka meets AU Draka? Do they merge? Do they understand what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Right now I'll just put them into the same bucket with Tuskar, Taunka, Vrukyl etc. Those are all NPC races with customization options and thus share many things with player races on data level.
    I agree for the most part, but I gotta say that neither Tuskar or Vrykul use animation sets from playable races. Taunka do, but their unique heads just lack the diversity and more complex animations seen in playable races (and a female counterpart).

And obviously, I am a fan of the idea of covenant playable races. So while I'm completely prepared for them to not become anything remotely close to playable, I will still be excitedly on the lookout for anything in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Oribos is small.
    I think it's size is deceptive.

See the size of the benches here? And the tables/chairs in the picture below?

7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda disappointed that Oribos is just a tower tho.

From the concept art and the city's description i imagined something akin to Shattrath.
    City divided in a couple city rings and in the middle having the Arbiter doing her thing, A'dal style.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-04-12 at 10:07 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't quite understand what you mean by "some of the allied race UI being reused for covenants", if you could clarify I'd really appreciate it. Though I will 100% agree that there's no basis for any kind of "confirmation" one way or the other, which I don't think neither I nor the reddit poster claimed in the first place.
    Blizzard tends to reuse systems wherever they can (which is why we've seen the Garrison system reused for many things since WoD, including stuff like MOTHER's talent tree for visions, now again for soulbinds, etc), similar to that, there are indications that they're using a part of the Allied Race system for Covenants. But seeing there only seem to be test entries referring to those "Allied Race" rows for now, we can't dig deeper than that. I would give a much higher chance to them reusing tech similarly to garrisons, than these being actual signs to these becoming allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes, it's a neutral player hub.
    But the article about coventants was also talking about cities for each covenant, that you can reach only if you pick that covenant. I was honestly afraid there would be 4 capitals separating the playerbase even further...