The biggest mistake with Allied Races was making those that could have been customization options, definitely.

Nightborne/Velf were the best ARs so far, considering they were both options that were not available ot that faction, but also not entirely new races. In the tier below that are the Kul Tiran and Zandalari, which are both variations on previously available races that have entirely new rigs and appearances. If Blizzard had stuck to making these options Allied Races as compared to loads of reaskinned races then i think the system would have been in a more robust place.

Sadly rectifying this mistake at this point would be difficult, especially considering Horde has more unique ARs, meaning Blizzard can't simply consolidate the choices without making it look like there is a severe Horde bias.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Why ? Sylvanas died and got ressurected so many times.

Lots of people die and come back.

Shadowland is just another realm/dimension whatever in the WoW universe. What says a soul cannot leave it while still being technically dead ? Why can livings thing come and go, and not the "dead" ?

We have undead, forsaken, necromancy etc.

So I still don't get it. To me it just sounds like that it's just another step into the cycle of "life" and not truly death. True death would be having your soul literally disappear and go nowhere.
    We can do as we please because Azeroth gave us a hall pass so her keeper who is drunk on power and order can’t fuck with us

And so Argus’ keeper can stop being a whiny little emo making deals with a banshee

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The Shadowlands has an ecosystem and balance to maintain with the covenants, having everyone just leave and join the Alliance/Horde is stupid imo. Besides, having anyone be able to come back from the dead makes death even more pointless than it already is in WoW.
    Let us for a second imagine the Kyrians joining the Alliance.

"I, Uther, have been tasked with going ot Azeroth to help these Kyrians understand the problems faced by mortals, for that reason we wish to join the Alliance, since they are the best suited to converse with about honor and nobility."
    "But how will you exit the Shadowlands if you are already dead?"
    "Don't worry, the Arbiter has given us leave to travel to Azeroth. don't worry about the long term implications for this move"
    "Very well then, thank you for joining the Alliance Uther."

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The biggest mistake with Allied Races was making those that could have been customization options, definitely.

Nightborne/Velf were the best ARs so far, considering they were both options that were not available ot that faction, but also not entirely new races. In the tier below that are the Kul Tiran and Zandalari, which are both variations on previously available races that have entirely new rigs and appearances. If Blizzard had stuck to making these options Allied Races as compared to loads of reaskinned races then i think the system would have been in a more robust place.

Sadly rectifying this mistake at this point would be difficult, especially considering Horde has more unique ARs, meaning Blizzard can't simply consolidate the choices without making it look like there is a severe Horde bias.
    I think Vulpera are the same tier as Nightborne/Velfs, if not even above it. They are the closest to an actual new race and all they need is an more modified skeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing next weeks build will start adding lighting and npcs to Oribos, and then the week after next will add oribos, Torghast and Revendreth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Alliance and Horde players of course
    i was talking more about the characters back from the dead who will be ruined even more

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I think Vulpera are the same tier as Nightborne/Velfs, if not even above it. They are the closest to an actual new race and all they need is an more modified skeleton.
    They are, which is what makes pretending the lesser allied races don't exist such a difficult choice, since that would leave the Alliance with "less2 allied races compared to Horde, meaning Blizzard would have ot create a new Allied race just for the Alliance, or otherwise create another set of Allied Races with a good one for Alliance and a bad one for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i was talking more about the characters back from the dead who will be ruined even more
    Sure, but at this point it's expected to have Alliance and Horde players suffer along with lore character ruination.

Am i the only one who likes the mechagnomes ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Mechagnomes aren't even real Mechagnomes tho, they should have been customization rather than a waste of an allied race.

The Alliance got 2 allied races and 3 race customizations that require race changes to use.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-04-12 at 08:18 AM.

Fully possible.

the problem with Mechagnomes isnt that people don't like them because they are ugly though, The problem with them are that they are such a waste of an Allied Race slot compared to Vulpera. As an Allied Race they add nothing but the customization options for Gnomes, and not even ones that are particularily good. Had you been able to choose between all the different combinations of robotic limbs then it would have been something, but it couldnt even be that.

So in short Mechagnomes are a waste of space, adding nothing new to Gnomes considering they are literally just Gnomier gnomes, and nothing special in customization, considering the robotic limbs are an all or nothing deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Fully possible.

the problem with Mechagnomes isnt that people don't like them because they are ugly though, The problem with them are that they are such a waste of an Allied Race slot compared to Vulpera. As an Allied Race they add nothing but the customization options for Gnomes, and not even ones that are particularily good. Had you been able to choose between all the different combinations of robotic limbs then it would have been something, but it couldnt even be that.

So in short Mechagnomes are a waste of space, adding nothing new to Gnomes considering they are literally just Gnomier gnomes, and nothing special in customization, considering the robotic limbs are an all or nothing deal.
    We can only hope blizzard acknowledges Allied Races were a complete and utter failure and revamps how races in general work, somehow combining them like Fahrad suggested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Undead not showing any bones looks so weird to me.
    Welcome to China!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im guessing next weeks build will start adding lighting and npcs to Oribos, and then the week after next will add oribos, Torghast and Revendreth.
    Based on Towel (Grain of Salt, yada yada), Torghast and Revendreth are supposted to join next week (Wednesday earliest). He also has a interview with the Designer of the Tower next week, and it makes sense, that this is happening after we can experience the first iteration of the tower.

Odd that no one talked about the Real Intro Quest :P

That we drop to the Maw and after that, something rescures us and we drop to Oribos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    Odd that no one talked about the Real Intro Quest :P

That we drop to the Maw and after that, something rescures us and we drop to Oribos.
    We do have spoilers about our leaders being trapped in the Maw. Maybe that's the initial Syliv and Jailer plan we will witness and play out in the opening event? To capture them (and us) to create chaos.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welcome to China!
    There are a lot of weird things censored over there. I think someone made an Imgur album for them, I'll try to find it

Weirdly enough, Bwonsamdi looks the exact same over there, skull face and all
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wildhammer dwarf druids - a dead dream, now. I AM SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Wildhammer dwarf druids - a dead dream, now. I AM SAD.
    I won't lose hope. I will be here until the end of time itself, declaring my need for Wildhammers.

I did the same with Lordaeron during the Legion Hype Thread, and look what happened in BFA.

Wildhammer Dwarf Druids in 10.0 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's the first build of the Alpha. Literally none of this is close to done yet. Give it time.
    It is very, very, VERY unlikely they'll turn Oribos into a city after doing this much work on it.