Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Pretty much. Most of the inconsistencies of lore cna be chalked up to assuming the wirters in some way forgot an important detail, or expanded on a tiny one.

Besides, Varian never struck me as the kind of person to win wars by black ops operations and inciting rebellion by use of a lost monarchy. He would have been far more likely to waltz up to the gates of Lordaeron with a massive army to take her down. Which indeed is exactly what he did when he got the reason with Wrathgate.
    He actually did that in a novel to assassinate moira when she did her coupe in Ironforge. SI:7 are also a huge deal in the Alliance questing experience in the last 2 expansions and supposedly they have been around for alot longer. Varian was a warrior but he knew how the game is played. But I doubt Varian ever considered the Forsaken to be "inciteable", he had no reason to assume that there are "good" ones, frankly neither did we until the end of Legion.

Also if Varian knew about Taelia he was quite the dick, since during the cataclysm the status of Kul Tiras was anything but certain. One would think he'd have tried to bring her back into the alliance. But Blizzard has alot of filling out to do with all these gaping holes in the story, I hope we will get some decent answers once Taelia and Bolvar meet.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    But I doubt Varian ever considered the Forsaken to be "inciteable", he had no reason to assume that there are "good" ones, frankly neither did we until the end of Legion.
    Then use her to justify a military campaign to retake Lordaeron. I mentioned just one option.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey boys, anybody had the link to the scarlet crusade thing that was datamined recently? i can't find that shit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Hey boys, anybody had the link to the scarlet crusade thing that was datamined recently? i can't find that shit
    https://twitter.com/buff_moogle/stat...54224130453504

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, it's not just datamined.

As the tweet says, the notes are live, sitting under the trees to the right of the entrance to the Calston Estate in Tirisfal. (pre siege, so talk to Zidormi).
    Coords are 43.74, 54.88
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-04-19 at 11:00 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Btw, it's not just datamined.

As the tweet says, the notes are live, sitting under the trees to the right of the entrance to the Calston Estate in Tirisfal. (pre siege, so talk to Zidormi).
    Coords are 43.74, 54.88
    humm, even better then

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Then use her to justify a military campaign to retake Lordaeron. I mentioned just one option.
    When should he have done that? Why should he have done that? The overwhelming majority of the population were dead, the rest already assimilated into the remaining human nations. How on earth should he have done it? Lordaeron was in the hand of the forsaken after all, the plague lands were considered no man's land or flat out scourge territory. The horde would have hardly sat by and let it just happen either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I actually don't expect this to take too much effort, probably two or three evenings. Maybe some lost progress on the weekly cap of Anima "don't call it AP" Power or whatever, but just as it is now, only the most dedicated care about this being at the absolute possible maximum.
    Watcherdev is somewhere maniacally laughing because theres undoubtibly also going to have a traditional reputation associated with each covenant, that you need to unlock the allied race, that you can only acquire while part of that covenant.

(*Yes, they said Reputation requirements for allied races were being removed BUT ONLY FOR THE CURRENTLY EXISTING ALLIED RACES)

- - - Updated - - -

There's no reason to take Lordaeron because it's so blighted no one but the Forsaken can use it. The kingdom has no value to the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    There's no reason to take Lordaeron because it's so blighted no one but the Forsaken can use it. The kingdom has no value to the Alliance.
    It can be cleaned up. Jaina's ice magic dissipated the blight away immediately.

Aren't the undead also susceptible to blight? Pretty sure even the Lich King developed a caugh while standing in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Aren't the undead also susceptible to blight? Pretty sure even the Lich King developed a caugh while standing in it.
    the new one she used to fuck up everything is dangerous to undead too

Watcherdev is somewhere maniacally laughing because theres undoubtibly also going to have a traditional reputation associated with each covenant, that you need to unlock the allied race, that you can only acquire while part of that covenant.

(*Yes, they said Reputation requirements for allied races were being removed BUT ONLY FOR THE CURRENTLY EXISTING ALLIED RACES)

- - - Updated - - -

Reatking Lordaeron has symbolic value seeing as it is the birthplace of the Alliance. It would probably also mean quite a lot to whoever used to live in Lordaeron with their families that the city is now back in the hands of the Alliance so at the very least they can attempt to recolonize the surrounding areas.

Not to mention the strategic value of the Alliance only have Silvermoon as a fortified Horde position left on the continent to worry about. Which is conveniently situated behind a chokepoint which means a land based assault can easily be stopped.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah, the Forsaken blight is supposed to kill everything, being alive or undead, unlike the Scourge plague.

In the end, one of the Forsaken main target for their blight was the Scourge itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Nice find!

As for the Taelia and Calia discussion, it doesn't really matter to me. I could see a case being made for it, with the Light raising Calia as undead, attempting to put her on some path they foresee or are setting up, involving that connection. I'd be okay with that. But that doesn't mean I'm hoping for it or expecting it.

Honestly my main concern is where they are taking Bolvar. After his actions in Legion, I really don't want to hang with this dude, but if they are doing Saurfang cinematics again, it's clearly him that is going to be in them, as the new Saurfang figure. Hate it. Though I am curious to see who else could feature in such cinematics, besides Sylvanas.
    There’s gonna be some crap about the boy king I’m telling you right now the scarlet brotherhood is going to be a story point either in this expansion or in 10.0

Or it could simply be a pre-patch thing where we see mother and daughter reunited and our prince stops being a little bitch boy and decides to finally dip the wick and when he sees Arthus in the Shadowlands tells him that he was inside his niece and it was glorious

So we have the disgraced Lich King and the boy king and then we will have the spirit of kings

So the scarlet book thing is actually pretty old? From 8.1.

Weird that they would put in a zone that's technically dead. (old tirisfal)

7+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to take Lordaeron because it's so blighted no one but the Forsaken can use it. The kingdom has no value to the Alliance
    They started to cleanse it since Cata (Eastern Plaguelands).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

There is still nothing of value for the alliance in Lordaeron. Reclaiming Lordaeron would be on the level of a pet project for a royal consorts to give them something to feel good about, not something you actually put funds behind it. That is especially true if Gilneas hasn't been properly reclaimed and resettled yet, despite being infinitely more usable to the alliance. The factions also had bigger problems the last 10 years, for some reason the world is about to be ended at least once a year.. I mean BfA was practically built on the premise that the factions are running dry atm when it comes to funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They started to cleanse it since Cata (Eastern Plaguelands).
    They started in(or even before) Vanilla. Cata was when we saw the first successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    When should he have done that? Why should he have done that? The overwhelming majority of the population were dead, the rest already assimilated into the remaining human nations. How on earth should he have done it? Lordaeron was in the hand of the forsaken after all, the plague lands were considered no man's land or flat out scourge territory. The horde would have hardly sat by and let it just happen either.
    My point is how STUPID it is to think Taelia is Calia's daughter.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'm just saying how STUPID it is to think Taelia is Calia's daughter.
    By saying that characters should behave in an utterly moronic way if that were the case? You just don't make a compelling argument.

Here's a simple one that works: Blizzard clearly wants to write her with Derek Proudmoore atm, why make it convoluted with Bolvar. There done. No need to come up with false premises for character motivation.

7+ Year Old Account
    With all the commentary about torghast, and everyone comparing it to diablo of all things, it surprises me how few people actually ever played a roguelike game.

Formerly known as Arafal