Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Good morning everyone! Any rumblings on a potential build today? It seems to me like the hype starts to build on Tuesday night but things have been pretty quiet. Not a bad thing though considering there is a decent amount to test right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Everyone's opinion of the Jailer is going to change the minute he shows up in his first cinematic.
    I don't wanna start hating him

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's opinion of the Jailer is going to change the minute he shows up in his first cinematic.
    For the better or for the worse?

Formerly known as Arafal

I want him to be mute, that'd actually be badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can't stress enough how hopeful I am for a EK/Kalimdor revamp with 10.0.
    It would fit that as we come back from the Shadowlands, the world has changed, and the next expansion is set in the revamped zones, with some new ones for good measure probs.

Also, God I hope ya'll are right about October!!
    Late October would be 6 ,months from now. Most testing periods last 5-7 months in total, so anywhere from September to November is possible barring no delays. Stll guessing mid-late October. Late September Prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Ooooh yes, just make him make these inhuman, scary sounds! Not male human grunts and shit. Think, the Titans from Cabin in the Woods!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    No! He's gonna have another generic deep evil voice and spout generic evil things and you're gonna like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    .....You are overthinking this way too much ffs. I mean its not really surprising there are *female* oriiented stone constructs I mean there's been plenty of them.
    I'm not overthinking anything here, I merely point out that this shit never made sense, why would they now of all times start to care about these things making sense? The roomba of the afterlife has tits and the guantanamo bodybuilder has nipples, there is no deeper meaning, it was just the artists choice.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    Good morning everyone! Any rumblings on a potential build today? It seems to me like the hype starts to build on Tuesday night but things have been pretty quiet. Not a bad thing though considering there is a decent amount to test right now.
    Good morning!

Typically the alpha builds seem to go out on Wednesdays/Thursdays. So far we've had a new build every week, but that doesn't necessarily mean that'll always happen.

I think at this point a lot of the hype has simmered because the first build was very big and the past couple have been not so big. Also since story is fairly underwraps atm and we only get bite sizes from the alpha there's not much to speculate on.

This is the first expansion where we're heading into unchartered territory that isn't held back by an previously established lore so Blizzard pretty much have greater freedom than ever to take it in whichever directions they want!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The arbiter looks artificial anyway. She looks like a robot that was put there to do the task, which was obviously shaped that way for willy-nilly reasons. The jailer on the other hand just looks like some guy that was tortured (he reminds me so much of Varimathras in Antorus), but other than that he looks like any normal life form. I mean why do titans need genders for their avatars? How do humans even have genders when they were created from vrykul which in turn come form iron vrykul which clearly only exist as males (including robo beards, which also make no sense)? In fact, how come Thorim had a wife? Why did Ra'den have the hots for MOTHER, none of this makes any sense given what these beings are.
    To be fair, the Vrykul metal and stone form make sense, in the end, they were made by Odyn, so he most likely used himself as inspiration, and the fact that he have an animation where he's stroking his beard, it means that he most likely like it a lot so he was like... And you too will have cool af beards!.

BTW maybe the whole gender thing is just part of the process of becoming flesh, in the end, the Dwarf ended the same way. (Though is funny, cause the Old Gods do not have a obvious gender while the titans do, and the titans are those that create the genderless construct while the Old Gods do give them gender)

So when can we join the Maw Covenant?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Maw Bois Represent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    To be fair, the Vrykul metal and stone form make sense, in the end, they were made by Odyn, so he most likely used himself as inspiration, and the fact that he have an animation where he's stroking his beard, it means that he most likely like it a lot so he was like... And you too will have cool af beards!.

BTW maybe the whole gender thing is just part of the process of becoming flesh, in the end, the Dwarf ended the same way. (Though is funny, cause the Old Gods do not have a obvious gender while the titans do, and the titans are those that create the genderless construct while the Old Gods do give them gender)
    Easier to just show the males and not females, not that they didn't exist although I wish they'd make female titanforged, makes it more realistic. And yeah its weird but we have the Lifebinder Titan woman and she's feminine looking so...why not. We have had some female like constructs so again no biggie.

Oribos covanent(Order) >.> <.<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the update! I think Blizzard has done a good job post-first Alpha patch by with Torghast, second zone and dungeon, etc. Hoping to get a look at a third zone or possibly the new capital city this week if they release something!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Good morning!

Typically the alpha builds seem to go out on Wednesdays/Thursdays. So far we've had a new build every week, but that doesn't necessarily mean that'll always happen.

I think at this point a lot of the hype has simmered because the first build was very big and the past couple have been not so big. Also since story is fairly underwraps atm and we only get bite sizes from the alpha there's not much to speculate on.

This is the first expansion where we're heading into unchartered territory that isn't held back by an previously established lore so Blizzard pretty much have greater freedom than ever to take it in whichever directions they want!

Should there be a new build today?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I have to say, I'm very disappointed with the Jailer's appearance...
    Owning the toy that turns you into raid bosses has made me realize just how many muscular Alpha-males exist as raid or dungeon bosses in this game... I was hoping that the Jailer would be humanoid, but not so clearly HUMAN, and not looking like he lifts bro...
    Me too. The BlizzCon concept art was a far more interesting design than this upscaled bald human with skin condition design.

What's with the Jailer model complaints? The concept art jailer looked like aman'thul with chains on him, this guy looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    What's with the Jailer model complaints? The concept art jailer looked like aman'thul with chains on him, this guy looks way better.
    Aman'thul with chains is still more interesting than what we got instead. He doesn't look "way better", he's horribly bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    Players in 2020: "Man I preferred the old model, this one looks like a joke."
    Players in 2019:

You guys are desperate for something to complain about huh?

Old Jailer was LITERALLY Aman'thul in chains to the point that there were theories they were the same person.