10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Preach is irrelevant. YOu should not be influenced by one who trafficds in negativity to get clicks. Nobody should be taking that guy seriously.
    Hes really not that negative though? Hes extremely fair and looks at stuff from everyones perspective. Hes probably the fairest youtuber there is. Sure he mentions how he feels about thinks from his high end perspective, but over half of the recent video was talking about how covenants are cool and fun, and how for 99% of the playerbase they wont be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Now they should switch stances and remove Azerite too.
    I'm assuming they want to keep that one around for people who want to bust it out on Timewalking, I guess?

This is part of the issue - a lot of people are complaining when stuff poofs between Expansions, but just as many people say they want a system gone or celebrate it (cheers at Blizzcon for no more Artifacts, people wanting Azerite gone when it won't be).

Same with older legendaries. People complained when Pandaria cloaks and Warlords rings went away because "Why cut content? Why do you REMOVE THINGS?!" but just as many people who didn't even do that content didn't want to feel "obligated" to do them some other time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I gotta say I really like the male orc scars more than the female ones.
    those scars are rly lackluster, they look more like a painting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Corruption removed in the Pre-Patch, thank God.
    thats sucks a bit, if people worked hard to buy corruption and became irrelevant that soon...

they should remove essences and azerite, that sucks and we already had enough...

The almost glowy, aggressive, yellow eyes for orcs...yes. YES.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    @DemonDays I liked Artifacts and Legiondaries (Except for the RNG factor) though...
    The problem was that Legion class design was garbage.

It was only hidden/propped up by Artifacts and Legendaries.

No one is arguing that rental systems can't be good - they just shouldn't be part of the base class design.

This is all further proven when you look at BfA. Which is basically just Legion Class Design with garbage procs.

Preach is irrelevant. YOu should not be influenced by one who trafficds in negativity to get clicks. Nobody should be taking that guy seriously.
    That's not Preach at all and he does plenty of positive videos, you have no idea what you're talking about. He's no HeelvsBabyFace.

Also, considering he's in the beta and has direct access to Blizzard and special privileges like testing the newest content before it comes to beta servers makes him pretty relevant. Hater.

People just make wild assumptions that any popular presence, especially on YouTube, is generally negative.

Even for those that are, if someone has influence, even if you don't agree with them, that person's feedback is still valid and drives some of the conversation and needs to be considered if you're going to give a rebuttal.

You do realize Preach is one of the most fair Youtubers, yeah? He's very hyped for SL, but he knows the glaring issues Soulbinds will have for the 1%. It doesn't really help class design, it's not an "open world" feature, and it may affect the overall gameplay of Shadowlands negatively. I myself am extremely fucking hyped for SL, but even I agree with Preaches stance here. These issues are rather jarring and could affect the Expansion's total performance all around. Also, he's demonetized, so it's not like the views will give him much of anything, really.

Doesn't help that Soulbinds don't overall help with the thematic choice of covenants anyway, a couple cool abilities and looks or not.

You're putting Preach in a rather negative spotlight here, and it's just plain wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I agree with you 100%. I think you hit the mark, really. Though, I still kind of fear for Class Design overall in SL, especially with how they'll play in the whole covenant fiasco going on right now. @Vakir

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The almost glowy, aggressive, yellow eyes for orcs...yes. YES.
    Reminds me so much of the Bleeding Hollow Clan eyes once they're ripped apart and used for the "foreseen death rituals" in Tanaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The best part is, people will look at that 80% pickrate even if on a base level (i.e. without numbers) it enhances the playstyle of and benefits a given spec and will conclude "clearly this needs to be cut/nerfed to the ground!" rather than just making a fundamental part of the spec baseline. Wake of Ashes or Demonic are my go-to examples.

Even in this very thread you have people simping a billion dollar company declaring that if you add anything to a class, you're inviting immediate need to prune, because adding 1-2 things is the same thing as doing that constantly with no brakes.
    Demonic is my go to example every time these ridiculous simps defend it. But I can provide many others.

Demonic thematically fits the spec, has the coolest animation and it outperforms the other two by over 15%. Hilarious really. It should be baseline.

There has been a few changes to talents in Shadowlands. But the overwhelming majority of specs still have zero choice in their talent trees. I really hope everyone is prepared to use the exact same talents they were using in BfA for another TWO FUCKING YEARS. As if this is acceptable in any way for a billion dollar franchise.

You do realize Preach is one of the most fair Youtubers, yeah? He's very hyped for SL, but he knows the glaring issues Soulbinds will have for the 1%. It doesn't really help class design, it's not an "open world" feature, and it may affect the overall gameplay of Shadowlands negatively. I myself am extremely fucking hyped for SL, but even I agree with Preaches stance here. These issues are rather jarring and could affect the Expansion's total performance all around. Also, he's demonetized, so it's not like the views will give him much of anything, really.

Doesn't help that Soulbinds don't overall help with the thematic choice of covenants anyway, a couple cool abilities and looks or not.

You're putting Preach in a rather negative spotlight here, and it's just plain wrong.

<snip>
    In his latest videos he was quite happy about the soulbinds though. The only thing he said bothered him is that conduits seem to get destroyed if you replace them. The rest seems ok now and they changed the stuff that bothered people according to their feedback.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Hes really not that negative though? Hes extremely fair and looks at stuff from everyones perspective. Hes probably the fairest youtuber there is. Sure he mentions how he feels about thinks from his high end perspective, but over half of the recent video was talking about how covenants are cool and fun, and how for 99% of the playerbase they wont be a problem.
    Usually people that say this crap confuse Preach with that heelsvsmanchild person.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Corruption removed in the Pre-Patch, thank God.
    That's relief. I feared that leveling 55-60 would be even worse than 115-120 - when we lost legiondaries our relative power really drops and corruption even gives more power than them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly the only thing really bad about Preach are his fans.
    True for pretty much every high profile YouTuber/streamer.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    In his latest videos he was quite happy about the soulbinds though. The only thing he said bothered him is that conduits seem to get destroyed if you replace them. The rest seems ok now and they changed the stuff that bothered people according to their feedback.
    The problem is that when he says "Time to talk selfish" is because he's raiding in a top mythic guild. For them there might be a mythic boss that requires Venthyr instead of Fae, so what do you do? You can't just swap over and go back, hence why they need to have a shit ton of characters with different covenants just in case the race demands it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shaman class developer is dead? i mean all covenant abilities of shamans is Chain Lightning+Chain Heal combined, while other classes getting transforms,buffs,summons(some sort)

Red Chain Lightning, Blue Chain Lightning, Fast Chain Lightning and Slow Chain Lightning.

Even monk getting normal working Nether Portal.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    The problem is that when he says "Time to talk selfish" is because he's raiding in a top mythic guild. For them there might be a mythic boss that requires Venthyr instead of Fae, so what do you do? You can't just swap over and go back, hence why they need to have a shit ton of characters with different covenants just in case the race demands it.
    Yeah, but for them only way to solve this problem is on the fly swap. Even if Blizzard would do amazing job with balance (which naturally everyone doubt), they are in envoronment where literally everything matter.

And after I saw whole content around Covenants I'm no longer "pro easy swap". Imo only way out of current situation would be some item that let you switch covenant - but it would work ONLY in:

1) mythic raid
    2) M+ higher than 20
    3) rated battlegrounds/arenas

Your choice would still matter in 99% content that people usually do (including whole Torghast).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-07-11 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The leaked last page of Shadows Rising basically reveals her reason: she's upset and angry at life itself for everything that has happened to her and is lashing out by allying with someone who can destroy it.

So it's definitely not a morally GOOD reason but it's an understandable one. And a reasoning used by a lot of people today.
    No killing eveyone because your sad and a nihilist is psychopathic. Its concerning anyone could relate to this.

Preach is nothing more than a fraud who bases what he says on what will getr him the most traffic. Anyone who is that easily influenced by the likes of him have no mind of their own. Youtubers should never be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    For the millionth time, it's NOT just mythic raiders only that care about their performance, stop parroting this. If my skill is not enough to be doing mythic raiding or pushing glad pvp ranks, it does not mean I enjoy playing with a suboptimal setup willingly, especially when the game is inviting me in every other aspect to a) play different specs of the same class on the same toon and b) engage in all sorts of content available.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    That's not Preach at all and he does plenty of positive videos, you have no idea what you're talking about. He's no HeelvsBabyFace.

Also, considering he's in the beta and has direct access to Blizzard and special privileges like testing the newest content before it comes to beta servers makes him pretty relevant. Hater.
    He is irrelevant no matter how you white knight him. There are thousands of others in alpha/beta. Your hero isn't special.