Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, but Blizz keeps saying that his story is done and they don't want to change it.
    Blizzard says a lot of things. The foreshadowing for Arthas is even thicker than the one for N'zoth back in early BFA. Nearly every single character connected to him is present in some form or another, and the Helm of Domination is a major plot device from the looks of it as well. Arthas will show up and I strongly doubt it'll be as a cameo of him saying hi to Kel'thuzad or something.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Only a matter of time until we get an HD Model of Arthas.
    I would imagine Blizzard will save that for 9.1, or possibly even 9.2, depending on whether they wish to simply reuse his old model for a patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Blizzard says a lot of things. The foreshadowing for Arthas is even thicker than the one for N'zoth back in early BFA. Nearly every single character connected to him is present in some form or another, and the Helm of Domination is a major plot device from the looks of it as well. Arthas will show up and I strongly doubt it'll be as a cameo of him saying hi to Kel'thuzad or something.
    I could see Arthas not showing up, though that would require a massive amount of focus being put on Anduin and his similarities to Arthas, with all relevant characters projecting what they thought of Arthas onto Anduin.

Though Arthas showing up is far more likely, i somehow doubt that Blizzard intends to have an actual coherent and good arc for Anduin.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would imagine Blizzard will save that for 9.1, or possibly even 9.2, depending on whether they wish to simply reuse his old model for a patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see Arthas not showing up, though that would require a massive amount of focus being put on Anduin and his similarities to Arthas, with all relevant characters projecting what they thought of Arthas onto Anduin.

Though Arthas showing up is far more likely, i somehow doubt that Blizzard intends to have an actual coherent and good arc for Anduin.
    Doubt it. Anduin doesn't generate a tenth of the hype the other blondie does. I really wouldn't be surprised to have 9.2 be an official return of Arthas or something along those lines.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Doubt it. Anduin doesn't generate a tenth of the hype the other blondie does. I really wouldn't be surprised to have 9.2 be an official return of Arthas or something along those lines.
    That is why i say massive amount, and not just replace Arthas with Anduin.

The reason I think it might technically work though is because Anduin is quite similar to Arthas in many ways, and if Blizzard was dead-set on not having Arthas show up at all then Anduin could be a fitting stand-in as we learn about Arthas again through Anduin becoming more like him.
    Could have Uther consider killing Anduin because of the similarities, or other characters commenting on it in general.

Though it would definitely be far more work than simply adding Arthas though. I guess we just have to wait and see. Blizzard not adding Arthas would be pretty odd considering how much foreshadowing they have on him.

I'm pretty sure we already got a hd model of Arthas in BfA when he appeared in the Jaina cinematic anyway.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm pretty sure we already got a hd model of Arthas in BfA when he appeared in the Jaina cinematic anyway.
    It was barely a HD model. It was a regular human model with some custom armor. If you look at the cinematic where he shows up it looks extremely odd, like someone is cosplaying as Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

It was barely a HD model. It was a regular human model with some custom armor. If you look at the cinematic where he shows up it looks extremely odd, like someone is cosplaying as Arthas.

7+ Year Old Account
    that's not a unique hd model, that's a slightly modified regular human model with custom armor.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get that? I only saw fire cat being available to nelfs.
    Me, on beta.

Last edited by Valysar; 2020-08-06 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    You can finally mog wands to other weapon types

Shadowlands is now confirmed as the greatest expansion ever. Nothing will ever top this. We did it, boys. We won.
    As someone who absolutely loves transmog this change is huge to me, so many times my best item was a bloody wand and I hated it because they look terrible. I heard you can't mog them to artifact appearances though, although I'm not sure if that's correct?

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    As someone who absolutely loves transmog this change is huge to me, so many times my best item was a bloody wand and I hated it because they look terrible. I heard you can't mog them to artifact appearances though, although I'm not sure if that's correct?
    Yeah, I just double checked and it says just weapons and not artifacts

Uther is fine, Vaash is fine, Draka is fine, i agree that even Kael is fine, with his personality and 180 degrees his story went. But I can already see how our encounter with Kel'thuzad will happen: "You have defeated me twice mortals, BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN AHAHAHAHAHAHA mr. Bigglesworth nooooooocurseyouinterlooperssss.... ".
    Yea I agree, I could do without the meme stuff.. and giving kael some dignity back wouldn't hurt either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Yeah, I just double checked and it says just weapons and not artifacts
    Balls, hopefully it'll come in a later build.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    As I said before: Finally! I've been waiting for this since they announced legion and the druid skins. Man was I disapointed that they were tied to weapons.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    Happy with this change as well, because that's how my lock looked like to fit the colour scheme:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

And leveling dungeons got bufed ages ago, can't mass pull like you used to anymore.
    I get a tank once in a while (or healer or impatient hunter) who hasn't gotten the memo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin isn't going to turn into Arthas, I think Blizzard realizes how they share traits. If anything it will show the difference, I don't even know if Arthas will show up, when he does I guess we aren't going to know until...he does.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317304/...eta-datamining

After several posts on forums, reddit and emails to blizzard, this just came now, wow!
    Thank you BLIZZARD <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if anyone has shared this yet, but it looks like pretty much all non-shadowlands means of gaining experience (quests, dailies, dungeons, etc.) have been nerfed to the ground.

Would be a real bummer if this was on purpose, because turning in a bunch of quests has been a part of expansion launches since BC.
    Last edited by Zerk; 2020-08-06 at 06:57 PM.

What does that mean exactly because it sounds like leveling before 50 was nerfed to the ground and that doesn't sound right.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    What does that mean exactly because it sounds like leveling before 50 was nerfed to the ground and that doesn't sound right.
    What a lot of people would do before expansion launches is save up a bunch of quests for a small boost at the start. You could usually get at least half a level before even starting the new content. As of this most recent build, it seems that every quest you could possibly save only gives a fraction of what Shadowlands quests reward.