7+ Year Old Account
    People dislike Nathanos because he's continuously brought into the spotlight, even when he doesn't need to be there.

Having a character that's a condescending fuck is great.
    Said character appearing in every single important questline is not.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I know you think you are coming across as aloof and an intellectual when you refer to him as cryfang in an attempt to denigrate those who attempt to present valid points, but in fact all it does is make you come across as shallow.

If you want to be taken seriously on your viewpoint that only Nelf players or similar disliked Nathanos then try using your big boy words to do so. Generally works out far smoother.
    I'm afraid big boy words are going to fly right past you, so I keep it to really small and easily understandable ones. It's a fact, not an opinion, that only salty Night Elf players and people offended by Nathanos' "edginess" hate him.

I don't even know what you're talking about, this isn't up to debate seeing as it has been proven in just about any discussion about Nathanos (including this one, go read up Aeluron's comment) on MMO-champ and the WoW forums. Pay attention before you make laughable, would-be condescending comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Its not Nathanos meme, it was born long ago, in Cata, i think?
    I've no idea of what you're talking about. The first time I saw the meme being used was when Nathanos somehow stunned Tyrande, Malfurion, and the Alliance player and said "Enough!".
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid big boy words are going to fly right past you, so I keep it to really small and easily understandable ones. It's a fact, not an opinion, that only salty Night Elf players and people offended by Nathanos' "edginess" hate him. I don't even know what you're talking about, this isn't up to debate seeing as it has been proven in just about any discussion about Nathanos (including this one, go read up Aeluron's comment) on MMO-champ and the WoW forums.

Yeah uhhh I'm not a Night Elf player, I like them but I'm not a Night elf player only. You can pretend your view about Nathanos is fact but its a very inflated opinion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The secret Butt of Quel'thalas >.>
    WoW 10.0: The butt of Quel'thalas:

After returning from the Shadowlands the intrepid adventurers of Azeroth find themselves overrun by butthurt High Elf fans from a different dimension.
    Angry that they are not able to play as a High Elf Paladin they are congregating en masse in the former Eastweald.

Use the new scaling system, Soul of the Well to tap into your inner Elf. Gain reputation with the Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, Nightborne and the mysterious Basically just Humans to explore a world near the brink of collapse.

New dungeons:
    The Ruins of Elfholme, Zul'Elf, Elfomance and Elffang Keep.

New raid:
    The Sunwell, except more elves.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah uhhh I'm not a Night Elf player, I like them but I'm not a Night elf player only. You can pretend your view about Nathanos is fact but its a very inflated opinion.
    Yes, you fall into the other category of people offended with him, as you showed in your first reply to me.

"....No, people don't like him cause he's a dick to everyone except her female bootycall and of course you call Saurfang "Cryfang." Lot of keyboard warriors here."

???

Sure though, you people do you and think what you want. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    WoW 10.0: The butt of Quel'thalas:

After returning from the Shadowlands the intrepid adventurers of Azeroth find themselves overrun by butthurt High Elf fans from a different dimension.
    Angry that they are not able to play as a High Elf Paladin they are congregating en masse in the former Eastweald.

Use the new scaling system, Soul of the Well to tap into your inner Elf. Gain reputation with the Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, Nightborne and the mysterious Basically just Humans to explore a world near the brink of collapse.

New dungeons:
    The Ruins of Elfholme, Zul'Elf, Elfomance and Elffang Keep.

New raid:
    The Sunwell, except more elves.
    10/10 would play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    10/10 would play.
    I aim to please.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2020-08-13 at 05:08 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Exactly, as I said, snowflakes who are offended that an in game character is making snarky remarks about them. Thanks for helping me get my point across there, amigo! And Cryfang was literally the most pitiful orc in existence, I don't think you know what a keyboard warrior means if you are calling me that over my assessment of a poor characater.
    It seems you fit your own definitions rather well. Speaking from experience?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It seems you fit your own definitions rather well. Speaking from experience?
    Can you try to make a flick of sense with your comments, or? I'm not asking for much here. Thanks in advance, bud!
    Last edited by Vasoka; 2020-08-13 at 05:15 PM.

The problem with Nathanos is that he's the writer's self-insert, and it's obvious.

That's a problem, yes. Yet I'd say he was still a more interesting and compelling character than any other "main" char from BfA. Everyone else was horribly inconsistent.

The Nathanos self insert thing is pretty silly of the fanbase now that we know he was always destined to get destroyed by Tyrande and his annoying antagonism towards the player was because he was.... wait for it... an antagonist. Some will say it's damage control but villains don't win in Warcraft.

Just admit that a character written purposefully to annoy and get the players angry was successful instead of calling it a bad character because you don't like him. You can argue that writing characters meant to invoke negative feelings in the playerbase is a bad idea, but saying a character is bad for that purpose is infantile, especially when it was a very successful character in achieving what it was meant to do.

You can also argue that storylines that take multiple years to conclude in a satisfactory manner are bad. You could be as pissed as you wanted during 8.1 Darkshore and the ending won't matter because you are too invested in how upset you were at that time because you didn't see the ending and didn't trust Blizzard to accomplish it.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-08-13 at 05:23 PM.

Exactly. Wish there was an upvote button on this forum.

It's the internet! Neither one of you win!

Now, 9.0. It looks great! Woot!
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The Nathanos self insert thing is pretty silly of the fanbase now that we know he was always destined to get destroyed by Tyrande and his annoying antagonism towards the player was because he was.... wait for it... an antagonist. Some will say it's damage control but villains don't win in Warcraft.

Just admit that a character written purposefully to annoy and get the players angry was successful instead of calling it a bad character because you don't like him. You can argue that writing characters meant to invoke negative feelings in the playerbase is a bad idea, but saying a character is bad for that purpose is infantile, especially when it was a very successful character in achieving what it was meant to do.

You can also argue that storylines that take multiple years to conclude in a satisfactory manner are bad. You could be as pissed as you wanted during 8.1 Darkshore and the ending won't matter because you are too invested in how upset you were at that time because you didn't see the ending and didn't trust Blizzard to accomplish it.
    It's not silly at all when his writer LARPs as his character on twitter and constantly wanks over Sylvanas. He was a self-insert, it didn't resonate with the fanbase, so they killed him off. Garrosh was similar, in that they had an arc planned for him but the fanbase didn't like him so they about-faced and killed him off.

I can't wait to see Nathanos die, such and obnoxious omnipresent character...
    I have nothing with the amusing occasional jerk, but one for every quest? No-no-no.

I do have a problem with him being a jerk. He dares disrespect my glorious Horde champion while all he does is simp for an emo bitch 24/7.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no strong feelings one way or the other, but it seems to me most of the playerbase is happy with him being killed. I've found most of the comments in MMOC, Wowhead and Reddit are happy about him being gone. Hell, a post in reddit was titled The Moment Weve All been Waiting For, or something like that, and got thousands of upvotes.

Regardless of the reason, it seems the majority is happy to see him gone, I havent seen that many people wanting him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I've no idea of what you're talking about. The first time I saw the meme being used was when Nathanos somehow stunned Tyrande, Malfurion, and the Alliance player and said "Enough!".
    in Cata i think it was in hyjal, Legions demons were using this all the time. Even on Argus was battle when this "move" made fun of. Talgath battle at 1%.