They won't redeem Sylvanas, and before anyone mentions Kerrigan:

1) Kerrigan was actually the player character for 1/3 of Starcraft franchise, so of course they want to satisfy the player and make them win. Sylvanas is an antagonist.
    2) Kerrigan was mind-controlled by Amon when she slaughtered trillions while Sylvanas has free-will.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Her goods are greater though, I'm ready to support the "cause".
    No, no she's out for herself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What makes pre-patches so great isnt something that can be replicated outside extremely ambitious and anticipated patches. It is that unique sense of community that shows up when the servers are packed to the brim with players impatiently waiting for something they look forward to immensely.

It is camping Magni in Silithus for hours, idly passing the time by jumping off of the top of the giant sword.
    It is almost crashing the Deadwind pass instance server by having so many players crammed there waiting for the launch.
    Yea thats never been it for me.

Ppl discovering classe changes and new customization

Followed by system changes,

The ckmmunity aspect is in everyone talkong about it "oh yea u can do x now its awesome"

Then there is some appeal in ppl wigging out about demons or undead or elementals popping up in the cities.

I think legion is the only expansion ive ever been there for launch
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Her goods are greater though, I'm ready to support the "cause".
    Everybody knows that Syliv "goods" are the greaterest!

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Yea thats never been it for me.

Ppl discovering classe changes and new customization

Followed by system changes,

The ckmmunity aspect is in everyone talkong about it "oh yea u can do x now its awesome"

Then there is some appeal in ppl wigging out about demons or undead or elementals popping up in the cities.

I think legion is the only expansion ive ever been there for launch
    Well there are other factors that make Pre-patches great, point is that it isnt really something that can be replicated outside those very specific instances of there bbeing lots of new stuff, and eager anticipation for even more stuff.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Everybody knows that Syliv "goods" are the greaterest!

Uhhh....
    She's dead?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Uhhh....
    She's dead?
    She's UNdead. Still looks hot af.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Uhhh....
    She's dead?
    M8, you think that stopped all her fanboys?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'd simp for Sylvanas more than Nathanos NGL.

Ugh, this is so cringe.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sure but those random "Oh no there's an invasion" style events should be used to liven the world up.

Random out of my ass idea: In the Barrens there's a massive Centuar stampede and the Horde has to deal with it. Sure its not the most grand(Fighting an army of demons etc etc) but it would help if they did something unique. Obviously this is horde centric but I took an idea out of my ass to sorta liven things up once a Month. Doesn't need to be Expansion centric.
    Blizz should have a small team whose job it is to revamp the existing world. They could work in ideas like this. Every .5 patch could give us 2-3 revamped zones with something to do.

If it was done right, it would bring a lot of life to the game. Not everything new has to be tied into the current expansion and story.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Blizz should have a small team whose job it is to revamp the existing world. They could work in ideas like this. Every .5 patch could give us 2-3 revamped zones with something to do.

If it was done right, it would bring a lot of life to the game. Not everything new has to be tied into the current expansion and story.
    I think there will be a time skip after shadowlands & that following expansion will revamp the old world in this way, but they've fully embraced them temporal nature of the leveling system the previous iterations of Azeroth will still exist.

And moving forward past Chromie Time, making shadowlands incompatable with Chromie time makes sense if they have a time skip planned, if time supposedly works differently there: Here's an example of how leveling works if 10.0 is post-time skip Azeroth:

Chromie Time 1-50
    Shadowlands 50-60 with catch-up mechanics means you just have time to do the intro & choose a covenant
    10.0 Azeroth 60-70, when you leave the shadowlands you suddenly discover 20 years or so have passed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They won't redeem Sylvanas, and before anyone mentions Kerrigan:

1) Kerrigan was actually the player character for 1/3 of Starcraft franchise, so of course they want to satisfy the player and make them win. Sylvanas is an antagonist.
    2) Kerrigan was mind-controlled by Amon when she slaughtered trillions while Sylvanas has free-will.
    Kerrigan was not mind-controlled when she killed Fenix, or assaulted the human republic. I have no idea what will happen to Sylvanas but they turned Illidan into a Christ-figure & his kill count is still higher than Sylvanas'. And She's behaving very antagonistically, but she hasn't really been an antagonist so much as a force that plunges the players into new content: N'zoth literally wanted her to have Xal'atath's dagger because it was powerful & he assumed she'd covet it, but she immediately gives it away which allows player to kill him.

Honestly if she does succeeding "freeing us all" (I mean, Sylvanas gets a job at the prison, Nathanos gets killed IE. sent to the maw: They're following a conventional prison break scenario) and she doesn't die, the people who hate her will still have every reason to hate her, while the people who like her will feel vindicated: Which is honestly everything a storyteller could hope for.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2020-08-15 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Yes, I just don't have any suggetions to the rewards offered aside from Gold but the economy and all that. The idea is reuse the invasion system from Legion and BFA but use it for areas that pop up in older areas every so often. I said every month cause that was my thought, that said though the BFA invasions where weekly and I don't know how everyone feels about that.

Obviously for this to work as a evergreen feature it would need multiple places. My Barrens one is basically Horde centric and well it fits, Alliance wise it does not but there's plenty of ideas that can work and add smaller scale stuff going on(I.E. Orcs that invade Ashenvale cause...well every society has deviants and well you get the picture)

Thats not SL related but I had to get my thought out. Doubt Blizz will do it, don't see them feeling the same as I do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I think there will be a time skip after shadowlands & that following expansion will revamp the old world in this way, but they've fully embraced them temporal nature of the leveling system the previous iterations of Azeroth will still exist.

And moving forward past Chromie Time, making shadowlands incompatable with Chromie time makes sense if they have a time skip planned, if time supposedly works differently there: Here's an example of how leveling works if 10.0 is post-time skip Azeroth:

Chromie Time 1-50
    Shadowlands 50-60 with catch-up mechanics means you just have time to do the intro & choose a covenant
    10.0 Azeroth 60-70, when you leave the shadowlands you suddenly discover 20 years or so have passed

- - - Updated - - -

Kerrigan was not mind-controlled when she killed Fenix, or assaulted the human republic. I have no idea what will happen to Sylvanas but they turned Illidan into a Christ-figure & his kill count is still higher than Sylvanas'. And She's behaving very antagonistically, but she hasn't really been an antagonist so much as a force that plunges the players into new content: N'zoth literally wanted her to have Xal'atath's dagger because it was powerful & he assumed she'd covet it, but she immediately gives it away which allows player to kill him.

Honestly if she does succeeding "freeing us all" (I mean, Sylvanas gets a job at the prison, Nathanos gets killed IE. sent to the maw: They're following a conventional prison break scenario) and she doesn't die, the people who hate her will still have every reason to hate her, while the people who like her will feel vindicated: Which is honestly everything a storyteller could hope for.
    Huh, yes, she was mind-controlled. That's why the Good Kerrigan literally spoke to Raynor (You, the player) during the final mission vs. the Queen of Blades. Sylvanas also wanted N'Zoth to kill as many people as possible (N'Zoth being a universal threat), and Illidan didn't kill nearly as many people as Sylvanas.

Sylvanas will never be redeemed. Savor her final moments, you fanboys, because she is going to die in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-08-15 at 06:49 PM.

Chromie Time 1-50
    Next expansion putting us at 70 levels would be pretty pointless and a bit of a regression considering. Which is also why 10.0 should be a world revamp. Shadowlands doesnt function as well as an introductory experience for new players. BfA only barely works after all the larger overarching plotlines have been removed. Shadowlands cannot really do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Next expansion putting us at 70 levels would be pretty pointless and a bit of a regression considering. Which is also why 10.0 should be a world revamp. Shadowlands doesnt function as well as an introductory experience for new players. BfA only barely works after all the larger overarching plotlines have been removed. Shadowlands cannot really do that.
    Which is why new players are ushered into BFA content by default. And doing the typical +10 levels is fine since with chromie time already in place doing a level squish whenever they want is simple now. And by the time we get to 90 they will have had to make an entirely new system anyway because that'd be about 8 years from now. And how vital is the context of BFA ultimately? I can't speak for the rest of the expansion but Sylvanas & the jailor show up 1 (one) total time in the entirely of the leveling experience

Huh, yes, she was mind-controlled. That's why the Good Kerrigan literally spoke to Raynor (You, the player) during the final mission vs. the Queen of Blades. Sylvanas also wanted N'Zoth to kill as many people as possible (N'Zoth being a universal threat), and Illidan didn't kill nearly as many people as Sylvanas.

Sylvanas will never be redeemed. Savor her final moments, you fanboys, because she is going to die in Shadowlands.
    Sylvanas killed, what? About a thousand Night Elves? Illidan destroyed an entire planet, and that was long after he was a member of the Legion's army.

As for Kerrigan, they may have implied mind control in Brood War, but in StarCraft 2 she directly explains she was not mind-controlled: That in killing Fenix was simply "what she had to do." [to bring her to the place where she could stop Amon & Mengsk]: I think we're over redemption. Even in stories specifically about redemption there are people who feel like it wasn't earned. But this isn't a redemption story at all. I point to Illidan or Azshara, who are simply too fun to kill off.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2020-08-15 at 07:09 PM.

... or doesn't she?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Hard to be called a hero then you BBQ alive 10k nelfs with a smile on your face. Also, she doesn't care about freeing anybody but herself.
    Wouldn't be the first time.

They made Grom a hero in WoD at the end, despite all he had done.

Which is why new players are ushered into BFA content by default. And doing the typical +10 levels is fine since with chromie time already in place doing a level squish whenever they want is simple now. And by the time we get to 90 they will have had to make an entirely new system anyway because that'd be about 8 years from now. And how vital is the context of BFA ultimately? I can't speak for the rest of the expansion but Sylvanas & the jailor show up 1 (one) total time in the entirely of the leveling experience
    Point is that the level squish is a solution to the problem of meaningless levels, not to mention Chromie time being a solution to making the levelling as a whole more streamlined by ensuring that the player gets the full effect from a single expansion, and then the new expansion as the endgame.

If you make the next expansion go to level 70 then you immediately start up the same problem that we are trying to avoid with the level squish. It is far more likely that Blizzard intends to keep 60 as the maximum level forever, simply resetting players levels to 50 at the start of each new expansion.

Sylvanas killed, what? About a thousand Night Elves? Illidan destroyed an entire planet, and that was long after he was a member of the Legion's army.

As for Kerrigan, they may have implied mind control in Brood War, but in StarCraft 2 she directly explains she was not mind-controlled: That in killing Fenix was simply "what she had to do." [to bring her to the place where she could stop Amon & Mengsk]: I think we're over redemption. Even in stories specifically about redemption there are people who feel like it wasn't earned. But this isn't a redemption story at all. I point to Illidan or Azshara, who are simply too fun to kill off.
    What are you even talking about? Illidan never destroyed a planet, it was Ner'zhul who did that, and the Fourth War was one of the bloodiest world wars in Azeroth's history. This is without taking into consideration all the people killed in Gilneas, Southshore, Andorhal, etc. If you are referring to Nathreza, Illidan did the cosmos a favour by dealing a critical blow to the Legion.

I'm not talking about Brood War, I'm talking about Wings of Liberty. In the final mission, Ghost Kerrigan literally speaks to Raynor and tells him not to give up, so very clearly Kerrigan wasn't fully in control of herself, since Amon was influencing her.