Do you think it's overhyping it to expect a CGI cinematic along with the Uther short and the release date at Gamescom ?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Do you think it's overhyping it to expect a CGI cinematic along with the Uther short and the release date at Gamescom ?
    CGI cinematic? You shouldn't expect that. BfA was a special case in having multiple cinematics. Legion technically did have two but I believe it was simply split up for Gamescom.
    There is a good chance for a release date considering how close we are now and the audience they'll get with Gamescom.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I would go into it expecting the first of Afterlives and that is all. A release date is also very possible seeing the timing, but I would not expect a CGI cinematic at all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    This is mostly because in game scale is nowhere near the scale of Azeroth in lore. It takes weeks to traverse through Feralas but in game it will take you a minute or two.
    Lol, it's official. Skyrim, Witcher, or to be honest any cRPG are not 'fantasy', because outdoors are filled with enemies ;D.

God, it's so crazy to think that, despite having changed a ton, WoW still keeps the original spark of the OG RTS games going. Especially WC1, with Sir Lothar, King Llane, etc...

It's so weird, and yet so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Prediction
    Pre-patch release date: September 28.
    SL release date: October 30.
    28th is a monday and 30th is a friday. id say no to both. id say 0ct 6th and november 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Should change it to D&D rules. Moving between two points of interest you will have exactly one random encounter. Which will ofc be randomly rolled for. Good luck and my Gygax' rolls be ever in your favour. Or I don't know, pick up a pair of flumphs to throw at the encounter as you bravely, bravely run away.
    Tbh, I would love if travel paths along streets would actually not teem with trash mobs and instead you'd have a chance to encounter something special every now and then that is mechanically more complex than some raging skunk nibbling at your heels and dazing you off your mount. You know some merchant with a broken down cart as a "hidden" WQ or Jonny Awsome and his harem of similar looking male belf damsel in distress got lost while picking flowers or something like that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    6 weeks of pre-patch seems a tad much, so far the only expansion to have a pre-patch longer than 4 weeks was Cata where there was 2 weeks without the changes to the world, followed by the usual 4 weeks of proper pre-patch.
    Legion pre-patch was 6 weeks. Everyone seems to forget that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    Legion pre-patch was 6 weeks. Everyone seems to forget that, lol.
    Was it really?
    Guess the Shadowlands Pre-patch could be 6 weeks then, though I feel it wouldnt have enough content as is to justify it, even if it pulls a Cata and staggers the content of the pre-patch a couple weeks after the actual 9.0 patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Was it really?
    Guess the Shadowlands Pre-patch could be 6 weeks then, though I feel it wouldnt have enough content as is to justify it, even if it pulls a Cata and staggers the content of the pre-patch a couple weeks after the actual 9.0 patch.
    Yeah, they really wanted to hype people up after WoD with the legion invasions being such a great source of exp and catch-up gear.

I agree SL pre-patch doesn't have enough content for six weeks as of right now, tho.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Should change it to D&D rules. Moving between two points of interest you will have exactly one random encounter. Which will ofc be randomly rolled for. Good luck and my Gygax' rolls be ever in your favour. Or I don't know, pick up a pair of flumphs to throw at the encounter as you bravely, bravely run away.
    Huh? I was joking. We should change rules of every action RPG cause some random don't think it's fantasy?

If he's not IMMERSED enough than he should go to woods and larp with his friends or something. Without smaller worlds, but filled with enemies these games would be boring as hell. If you want (veeery) small taste of it, play Morrowind and travel on foot to Balmora on lvl 1.

"The Blizzard Gear Shop now sells a Prince Arthas statue....and will ship by October 16th."

Possible release dates are 13th or 20th? Seems a bit soon, but why did they picked that date for selling Arhas? Especially after showing us the Afterlife trailer with Arthas? Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by hikaritd View Post
    "The Blizzard Gear Shop now sells a Prince Arthas statue....and will ship by October 16th."

Possible release dates are 13th or 20th? Seems a bit soon, but why did they picked that date for selling Arhas? Especially after showing us the Afterlife trailer with Arthas? Coincidence?
    The idea could be to line it up with the Hallows end event, it could also be when the Uther Afterlives animation is released.
    Otherwise it could just be a random week a couple weks before launch meant to ensure everyone gets it before Shadowlands actually launches.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Zone design is still a contentious argument? Really?

Elywn forest, Hellfire Peninsula, Howling Fjord, Uldum? Those are all open

Note: that is not to suggest those games did not have cramped zones, or areas within the zones

Things keep getting heated so I feel it's my duty to keep things gay.
    I spat half my tea. This thread truly is something else

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This thread truly is something else
    We've gotten to the point where these threads and the people in them, end up being better than the expansions themselves.

God, i hope so much Blizzard will un-nerf Necrolord Priest's Unholy Nova. Now its so shit, but its set looks so fucking good on Zandalari and Undead.

I haven't really been keeping up to date with all the new customization options, but is that undead's face part of it? I love it, it looks extra decayed and scary!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    I haven't really been keeping up to date with all the new customization options, but is that undead's face part of it? I love it, it looks extra decayed and scary!
    No, i just calibrated skin color to match the color of transmog. Eye color though is the set effect.
    I still absolutely love the ancient egypt emperor/priest theme of this set. Fits undead priest or zandalari priest the best theme and visual wise.

If only covenant ability didnt suck massive balls. I guess, hey, "meaningful choice"(c) - wear cool set but feel disappointed every time pressing unholy nova.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-08-26 at 08:27 AM.

No, i just calibrated skin color to match the color of transmog. Eye color though is the set effect.
    I still absolutely love the ancient egypt emperor/priest theme of this set. Fits undead priest or zandalari priest the best theme and visual wise.

If only covenant ability didnt suck massive balls. I guess, hey, "meaningful choice"(c) - wear cool set but feel disappointed every time pressing unholy nova.
    Wow, that's a really good edit. When I looked at that Undead I saw a literal semi-mummified Pharaoh! Wish we'll get something like this for Undead eventually...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Wow, that's a really good edit. When I looked at that Undead I saw a literal semi-mummified Pharaoh! Wish we'll get something like this for Undead eventually...
    I mean, i did it through wowhead dressing room, not via edition tools, so you would be able to get character in the game looking exactly like this one.