So does this mean that Sylvanas soul also could've been split and the bad one is the one we're facing now and the good one is in the Shadowlands? We could have a redemption story set up.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

This was the worst cinematic made by Blizzard that I have ever seen. It shits on basically all of the established lore. Truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    My theory has always been that the Jailer turns on Sylvanas once she's outlived her usefulness (probably at the end of her boss fight), and uses some kind of weapon much like Frostmourne to destroy her body and turn her soul into the first drop of fuel to empower it. No banshee enslavement, no entrapment within the weapon itself. She's gone, reduced to raw energy/anima that can't be reconstituted, a fate truly worse than even a conscious eternity in an afterlife, or even the Maw.
    I think the same too. Since we know Jailer is the main villain, central driving force, and final boss of Shadowlands, I believe he will backstab Sylvanas once she gets too cocky. As I have said in the past, Sylvanas is not endgame material. She is just a pawn ultimately. A pawn of the Jailer. And once the pawns are no longer useful, you discard them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Huh, so raids/mythic+ open the week before thanksgiving?

Edit: Since they're doing things in a different timeframe maybe they'll start the season one week earlier than usual.
    Last edited by IndCold; 2020-08-27 at 07:07 PM.

september 15th/16th for pre-patch would fit well with the revendreth episode coming out just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So does this mean that Sylvanas soul also could've been split and the bad one is the one we're facing now and the good one is in the Shadowlands? We could have a redemption story set up.
    it is possible, though we have to remember that what Arthas did to them after death was different. Sylvanas was reanimated and Uther was left dead, while there could be a plot where we find the good Sylvanas part I lean more in the direction that Sylvanas' entire soul was brought back to inhabit her corpse.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This was the worst cinematic made by Blizzard that I have ever seen. It shits on basically all of the established lore. Truly amazing.
    What?! In what regard?!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While they could pull that out, the fact this is apparently the first time the Kyrian have seen this makes me think Uther was special in that he was the only one to have his soul split rather than just consumed entirely.

Probably the Light's fault.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah the Maw looks really ominous this way. Wish that was more reflected in the game.

And yeah to the other part too. I don't trust Bastion as far as I can throw it. And the Arbiter by extension. No organization of "soul shephards" that need to "forget their life" strikes me as serving a good end.
    Yes, when I die (and hopefully not end up in Purgatory), I want to remember my life and hang out with cool dead people, not be a blank robot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    My theory has always been that the Jailer turns on Sylvanas once she's outlived her usefulness (probably at the end of her boss fight), and uses some kind of weapon much like Frostmourne to destroy her body and turn her soul into the first drop of fuel to empower it. No banshee enslavement, no entrapment within the weapon itself. She's gone, reduced to raw energy/anima that can't be reconstituted, a fate truly worse than even a conscious eternity in an afterlife, or even the Maw.
    How about Requeim-ing her? She'll die over and over, each death worse than the rest
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    september 15th/16th for pre-patch would fit well with the revendreth episode coming out just saying.
    It's also exactly one week after last cloak upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I hope pre patch 15th of September.
    I hope not, especially if that means even a slim chance that Blizzard will use that as an excuse to not fix Hunter as it currently exists on the PTR/Beta.
    Not to mention my guild is still farming Mythic Jaina, and we want as many as possible to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It could be, though I doubt it. Even if the pre-patch had enough meat in it to justify it the expansion still needs those extra 2 weeks to get at least a somewhat firmer grasp on the classes.
    just remember though that even after launch they still screw with classes

i know a decent amount are still essentially bfa class design and likely wont see a huge overhaul compared to the ones that just dont work

I do appreciate that Shadowlands is out one week before Day of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Yes, when I die (and hopefully not end up in Purgatory), I want to remember my life and hang out with cool dead people, not be a blank robot

- - - Updated - - -

How about Requeim-ing her? She'll die over and over, each death worse than the rest
    I still find it hard how people understand the concept of the Kyrians though.
    The most selfless souls in the universe are chosen to be given massive power over life and death, wanting them to be impartial so they don't do stupid stuff like pick specific people up and throw them in superhell isnt exactly the ideal either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Because Sylvannas chose to do everything she did after she regained her free will. Including developing a plague, and allying with the legion. All for selfish gain. Everything Arthas did until he touched Frostmourne was to help his people, and after that he had no free will.
    Didn't he regain it when he become LK? There was was this q in Icecrown, where he says that "there is no Ner'zhul, only me".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    just remember though that even after launch they still screw with classes

i know a decent amount are still essentially bfa class design and likely wont see a huge overhaul compared to the ones that just dont work
    We can expect tuning and such, but the chances of a mechanically broken spec being fixed within an expansion are pretty slim, and even then it is usually reserved for large patches, which could mean quite a long while with a shit spec.
    If those extra 2 weeks means even a slightly less broken MM or Survival I will take it.

7+ Year Old Account
    AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA no.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Didn't he regain it when he become LK? There was was this q in Icecrown, where he says that "there is no Ner'zhul, only me".
    The lore for that is on shaky ground, whether Arthas was in control or even conscious seemingly flips every single time it is brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I still find it hard how people understand the concept of the Kyrians though.
    The most selfless souls in the universe are chosen to be given massive power over life and death, wanting them to be impartial so they don't do stupid stuff like pick specific people up and throw them in superhell isnt exactly the ideal either.
    Sure but abandoning one's "burdens" isn't good either. I mean I wouldn't mind turning into Kyrian but no way will they take my memories, yeah no way. I guess the Kyrian story is going to be obviously Uther related but eventually memories will stay there or rather be a choice to abandon then a rule.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    I do appreciate that Shadowlands is out one week before Day of the Dead.
    The sad thing is that gives away to me they probably had this date chosen months in advance and weren't likely to change it if something came up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)