10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    To put it simply, they are pissed off because she's a woman and women must be soft and submissive background characters.
    You know, cause woman that do stuff are bad and are woke libtard propaganda.

Perhaps but I think what people incorrrectly assumed is Draka is another woman being strong because being buff is the only thing that strength is not personality or anything like that but I digress. Draka has always been strong and assertive. More news at 11:00
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    of course not! only when it's obvious
    How is it obvious? What's the problem with Draka? Strong and independent? She was always like that dude. Also orc culture. So why shouldn't they put a new character in the spotlight? Especially when her traits fit the zone?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

because no one cares about Draka, she is only here because she's a woman, not because it makes sense.
    Draka's whole story is how she went from being a sickly weak orc to a proud and strong mother who gave her life to save Thrall. Draka seems like a perfect fit for Maldraxxus, and also expands her from just being a character no one cares about, to something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    What if the events that occurred here took place during our assault at Antorus? That would be ironic as fuck.
    Don't Demons exist in all realms at the same time? Might be why demons are so angry... fighting ghosts right in front of them half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Galactic brain Draka master spy. Turns on invis only to walk through the puddles and then lift up the map at the table.
    Demons hate her, find out her top 10 secrets for stealing maps
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Alexandros being confused is a plot point that is explored and I think Draka has the same thing. I THINK it might be addressed for Vashj but it absolutely seems to be something they're building up to.
    Yeah, Alexandros's lore seemed okay but I still don't get why they picked him over like Lothar or Varian or Llane, you know? Like it feels like WoD where they were like YOU GET TO SEE ALL THESE FAMOUS ORCS REMEMBER THESE GUYS, like just thrown in for the sake of being thrown in.

Uther makes sense. Kael makes sense(kind of), Ysera makes sense. I'm gonna give Vash'j a pass since I don't know much about her story in SL right now but Alexandros and Draka are weird choices, especially given their roles. I guess it's a cool idea for Alexandros to show like just because you followed a specific path, doesn't mean you'll go to that afterlife. But Draka as the best spy in Maldraxxus is still weird to me, no matter what anyone says, and they could have easily replaced Alexandros with her and it would have been more in line with her being the baddest of badass warriors in Maldraxxus instead of just a nerd who steals maps.

Although I questioned why Blizzard would choose Draka of all characters to focus on in Maldraxxus or the Shadowlands, I didn't much mind it. I actually liked the idea.

But the Afterlives was painfully boring, raised no questions and answered none either. Nor does this character even seem like Draka. Uther, stuck in the place that focuses on shedding your past self resembled his living self more than Draka did. Why didn't we see an ounce of interest in Thrall's wellbeing, or her inquiring about Durotan? You don't have to become some stoic, emotionless killing machine to be "muh stronk womyn," you know. If there was no interest in preserving any of her ties in life, it may as well have any other random orc.

That plus I feel like a rogue like style doesn't fit an orcish warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Don't Demons exist in all realms at the same time? Might be why demons are so angry... fighting ghosts right in front of them half the time.
    "Piss off, ghosts"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Although I questioned why Blizzard would choose Draka of all characters to focus on in Maldraxxus or the Shadowlands, I didn't much mind it. I actually liked the idea.

But the Afterlives was painfully boring, raised no questions and answered none either. Nor does this character even seem like Draka. Uther, stuck in the place that focuses on shedding your past self resembled his living self more than Draka did. Why didn't we see an ounce of interest in Thrall's wellbeing, or her inquiring about Durotan? You don't have to become some stoic, emotionless killing machine to be "muh stronk womyn," you know. If there was no interest in preserving any of her ties in life, it may as well have any other random orc.

That plus I feel like a rogue like style doesn't fit an orcish warrior.
    Also this. Like I said, she doesn't give a shit about Durotan or Thrall. Like they could have shown her in the video being like "Where is my mate? Where is my son?" or something, having a conversation about them and then show her being a map thief and her battle with some zombies.

I guess that's another big issue is she doesn't have like...a personality in that video. Like at all. I get it's a short but Uther showed a lot of character in his short. Hell, I felt more character from random zombie wizard #526424 in that video than from Draka.

Yeah, she definitely should be interested in finding Thrall/Durotan, and this is probably going to end up being the most disappointing of the four shorts, Revendreth is where it'll get interesting, hopefully the Garrosh shot is more than a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Also this. Like I said, she doesn't give a shit about Durotan or Thrall. Like they could have shown her in the video being like "Where is my mate? Where is my son?" or something, having a conversation about them and then show her being a map thief and her battle with some zombies.

I guess that's another big issue is she doesn't have like...a personality in that video. Like at all. I get it's a short but Uther showed a lot of character in his short. Hell, I felt more character from random zombie wizard #526424 in that video than from Draka.
    I appreciate it and all, but if I had to answer the question "Why was this Afterlives video made?" I honestly couldn't tell you. It felt utterly aimless, like dead air. So ok, we see Draka alive, we see her dead, she now does spy stuff and her Margrave died.

So?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Yeah, she definitely should be interested in finding Thrall/Durotan, and this is probably going to end up being the most disappointing of the four shorts, Revendreth is where it'll get interesting, hopefully the Garrosh shot is more than a cameo.
    It's so disappointing. I love orc women and I don't feel like they get nearly enough lore spotlight, so I thought this was a good opportunity. :C

I know this is going back and we're probably past the reused assets discussion but...the Nathrezim stole Frostmourne from the Shadowlands...maybe those demons were part of the expedition to steal it. Maybe that's what the map is. Maybe all the Afterlives videos are going to tie together and show us how Frostmourne was brought to the Lich King and that's why they showed the Uther video first.

It doesn't seem like a coincidence to me that the last one is Revendreth with Sire "I'm totally not a dreadlord " Denathrius.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I appreciate it and all, but if I had to answer the question "Why was this Afterlives video made?" I honestly couldn't tell you. It felt utterly aimless, like dead air. So ok, we see Draka alive, we see her dead, she now does spy stuff and her Margrave died.

So?
    Because Draka. That's it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ardenweald is up next, the one i'm looking forward to the most.

Hopefully it contains actual story implications ala 'Bastion'.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Ardenweald is up next, the one i'm looking forward to the most.

Hopefully it contains actual story implications ala 'Bastion'.
    I'm gonna guess it's just Ysera and story setup stuff. The one with story implications is gonna be Revendreth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I will say this is a pretty sick picture, though.

I couldn't watch it super boring, she is another boring strong and independent woman. I'm tired of sjw, they ruin lore.
    https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1301599973050638336
    look in the comments
    "SJW game"

...What? Why? Cause Durotan's Wife, Thrall's Mother, and an actual badass warrior in the lore went to Maldraxxus? ok buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

I will say this is a pretty sick picture, though.
    It is. Hopefully Draka gets to be more of a character in the actual quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They do transcend space-time. So...maybe? lol

Also, seems as though Draka was fighting those guys on another world or another realm. So, they were probably Demons the entire time. Maybe the Legion did try to invade the Shadowlands. Perhaps, their invasion ended the same time Sargeras was imprisoned.

I couldn't watch it super boring, she is another boring strong and independent woman. I'm tired of sjw, they ruin lore.
    https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1301599973050638336
    look in the comments
    Wow, 4 people are irritated with a lame headline.

This is both newsworthy and the reason for a less interesting cinematic.

Draka could've been a dude, or literally anyone else, and it still would've been boring. It frankly just didn't do enough to even discuss or expand on the Five Houses, which is unfortunate. By the time we get there in the game, many of them are defunct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...You know Draka's always been "strong" right? Its been that way for several years now.
    Imagine calling Orc women weak. The absurd ignorance to lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm gonna guess it's just Ysera and story setup stuff. The one with story implications is gonna be Revendreth.
    Based on the trailer it looks like Drust invasion with brand new characters for Ardenweald. Revendreth should definitely be as hype as Bastion one was though.

5+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they give a great explanation for the Drust.

Like did the drust come from Azeroth or from somewhere else?

IIRC they are stuck outside of the death cycle.