Okay so addressing this logo's validity, I want to call your attention to the BFA Logo that it LAUNCHED with, and they later updated.

https://i.redd.it/b4obqf2fnj511.png Take a good hard look at the Battle for Azeroth logo, this is a poorly photoshopped CONCEPT. It's on the box art! It's on their website!

IT'S MADE OF PIECES OF THE WARCRAFT MOVIE SWORDS!
    and other things..
    Seriously look closely and you'll see the Battle for Azeroth Logo is a poorly photoshopped MASHUP, and yet it's official.

They made a 3D High-Res official version too for the Cinematics, and later used it as they should instead of their original Photoshopped P.O.S

THIS SHADOWLANDS LOGO IS BETTER IN FIDELITY THAN THE OFFICIAL LOGO FOR BFA KEEP IN MIND

Which is why it's possibly a fake. Same with the font all around. Using BFA fonts
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Anyone still looking for the trademark?

I saw them, but thank you. :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Remember the Broken Isles? lol
    Broken Isles got expanded to fit the bill for content... and i can see the fact why they wanna put it into the game and it did make sense to make it bigger than need be.
    And there was a story.

Shadowlands are already in this world and as soon as you die you are already in the Shadowlands, what are we going to do? Play WoW in black and white and kill of spirit healers all day?

I dont see a story in that.

5+ Year Old Account
    If it is indeed the Shadowlands I wonder what the final AR's, if any would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Considering Shadowbringers is showered with praise and BfA is despised, I definitely would try to copy as much as I can from Shadowbringers for 9.0

Except for the PvP. That sucks in FFXIV.

I've honestly found it to be more enjoyable than WoW's atm, though I do play BLM.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I still think a Dragonman is likely for the Worgen race, but we may be getting a Kyrian race for the "Forsaken" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Can you direct me to the page it was leaked?
    someone posted it on a discord server

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    They've said they want to continue the allied race system in the future, sometimes not adding them in pairs as well

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh neat, hopefully the dragonmen are like KT's then and use a unique rig cause' if Alliance gets yet another reskin it'll be a shit start to the expansion.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Anyone still looking for the trademark?
    Yea. Looking for the TM on the Shadowlands logo which is missing

"Shadowlands" would be a strange name for a WoW expansion anyway. Blizzard didn't name it "Pandaria" either. They went with "Mists of Pandaria".

I don't see why they would waste a chance to tack on something on to this, considering it is another location, like Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor and Battle for Azeroth. Wake me when it's "Vengeance of the Shadowlands" or something. Or Rage, or Grasp, or Call, or Song.

I look away from this fucking thread for 10 minutes and suddenly the next expansion is leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Broken Isles got expanded to fit the bill for content... and i can see the fact why they wanna put it into the game and it did make sense to make it bigger than need be.
    And there was a story.

Shadowlands are already in this world and as soon as you die you are already in the Shadowlands, what are we going to do? Play WoW in black and white and kill of spirit healers all day?

I dont see a story in that.
    The Shadowlands are, like the Emerald Dream, part of Azeroth, but not connected physically.

The Emerald Dream has been shown to have "layers", and it only resembles the physical world on it's surface. Similarly, the Shadowlands at their surface would just be the corpse run black and white Azeroth that we already know, but deeper layers could be a completely different thing.

More realistically, the expansion will be whatever the fuck Blizzard wants it to be. If they want a brand new continent of death that's nothing like Azeroth, they'll come up with a million excuses for it to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    "Shadowlands" would be a strange name for a WoW expansion anyway. Blizzard didn't name it "Pandaria" either. They went with "Mists of Pandaria".

I don't see why they would waste a chance to tack on something on to this, considering it is another location, like Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor and Battle for Azeroth. Wake me when it's "Vengeance of the Shadowlands" or something. Or Rage, or Grasp, or Call, or Song.
    Or you know Cataclysm or Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I've calmed down a little, it's time to scrutinize. As someone else pointed out, the light rays coming through the letters are very similar to the Legion logo. I made a quick GIF to better illustrate this.

Also, there's no TM at the end of Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

What about legion. Shadowlands isn't as strange as just "legion"

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I haven't personally heard of either the Kyrian or Bastion before. Checked game files for any references but nothing either, outside of the Bastion of Twilight.
    If i had to guess, id say a humanoid race based off Qilins?

Memory is kind of fuzzy, was the image of Varian from the Legion cinematic also leaked before its reveal?

Either way, it reminds me of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They must have spent a lot of time editing. Let also not for get the concept art... it would take a work day worth of work. Would someone really spend 8 hours of work on a fake?

----edit-----
    ecarps gif makes it easier to see how they could edit it.
    Last edited by GhostPanini; 2019-10-26 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Now that I've calmed down a little, it's time to scrutinize. As someone else pointed out, the light rays coming through the letters are very similar to the Legion logo. I made a quick GIF to better illustrate this.

Also, there's no TM at the end of Shadowlands.
    Counterpoint: how ELSE would light come out of letters in the same exact position as Legion?

Also, a possible reason why theres no TM on Shadowlands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowlands_(video_game)