If a dark ranger class was as fresh a concept as the leak from WeakAuras, it might not be that bad. I'm sure that Blizzard could come up with something I'd like, but I mostly just heal so I'm a bit biased towards classes that can heal. Especially since the only new healer we've gotten since release was monks, and they're pretty lame imo.

3+ Year Old Account
    Dark Rangers are such a dull addition though, so that has to be fake.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Except those other NPC elements are unavailable races, but are still of the same class of some sort. For a dead magical archer... well is still an archer to me.
    The NPC in class halls were part of the speculation about allied races and Naga's being a race to play in BFA or whatever was coming after Legion when speculating about that.

So drawing the conclusion we get Dark Rangers based solo on Sylvanas atm is a bit farfetched.

Except those other NPC elements are unavailable races, but are still of the same class of some sort. For a dead magical archer... well is still an archer to me.
    I mean, to be fair, if we lumped every single archer into the hunter class, we'd never get a new bow class. xP

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I personally want a strong expansion like Legion, with lots of new elements and revamps and ofc the addition of Dark Rangers.

At the very least I can assure you as a fellow RPer that my RPing and story won't make you cringe!
    I'm sure it wouldn't, I can already tell by the way you write things down.

And I agree, I'd like a strong expansion like Legion was. Instead of a class-focus though I'd love a race focus. Which would go perfectly with a world revamp, but once again I digress and next thing you know I'm discussing Chris Hemsworth and Bjölmourne with @Feali and @Shadochi.

Dark Rangers just seem like way too much of a reach for so many reasons, from the fact that Forsaken are literally the only ones who can be Dark Rangers to the question of how they'd get distinguished from Hunters. Just doesn't seem likely whatsoever.

I see, but there a few inputs on this:

- Hunter had Black Arrow (with added summon) and a Dark Ranger passive in Legion Alpha that both got removed.

- Hunter had those perks when the Dark Ranger NPC was present in the Order Hall. Even with that being a fact, she was still acting like an outsider.

- "Dead magical archer is still an archer". Sound premise, yet DK is still a dead knight/warrior and Demon Hunter is still a demonic rogue/blademaster.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    Dark Rangers just seem like way too much of a reach for so many reasons, from the fact that Forsaken are literally the only ones who can be Dark Rangers to the question of how they'd get distinguished from Hunters. Just doesn't seem likely whatsoever.
    Well, then again, this is literally the expansion in which they randomly decided to add Night Elf Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by HailArthas View Post
    Dark Rangers are such a dull addition though, so that has to be fake.
    It's explicitly fake. @ro9ue made it and posted it to this thread last night lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    no more elf excusive classes

Transcript of the Features Overview trailer for the next World of Warcraft expansion that will be shown on Blizzcon next week.

Text in "all caps" are captions appearing on screen.

World of Warcraft: Lament of the Queen; Features Overview

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT

Begins with showing various shots of different faction characters, Anduin, Thrall, Jaina and Baine, interacting with eachother and citizens, while building/repairing structures in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

AZEROTH RESTORED
    Shows various landmarks restored from the cataclysm.

Barrens, shows that the majority of the crack splitting Northern and Southern Barrens has been repaired and the overgrowth area has spread.
    Tanaris, pans over a Goblin machinery that has drained most of the water. Vulpira has inhabited the area as well.
    Loch Modan, the dam has been repaired and the lake is once again filled with water.

All areas appears updated with new HD models.

Screen fades to black and back.

Sylvanas stands scouting ahead on top of her ship with few crew members standing behind, they appear anxious.
    Heavy fog around them, can barely see anything. Ship slowly sailing forward.

Nathanos takes a step towards Sylvanas but is immediately interupted by her. She then smirks.

The fog opens up and an overgrown jungle appears.

She says something and then briefly talks with her crew, then the camera pans away from the ship over the dark jungle.

Screen flashes.

NEW CONTINENT
    DRAGON ISLES
    Shows overviews of what appears to be four areas:

First area is an overgrown jungle, a lot of rivers and various ruins.
    Second area is a desert with a lot of shadow/void things that appears to consumed most of the desert.
    Third area is filled with fire/lava with a burnt environment and a massive volcano in the background.
    Fourth area shows a lot of dark clouds with a huge temple on top that resembles the head of a dragon with its mouth open, fed/fueled with dark magic.

LEVEL CAP REDUCED

ADVENTURE TO LEVEL 80
    A character kills a giant snake and gains a level with huge trees and jungle enviroment in the background.

NEW DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    Shows a dark tomb/crypt with lots of undead skeletons/zombies, following many disorienting pathways left to right.
    Then shows a large village built up in the trees with vines and wooden huts/bridges with monkeys causing chaos.
    Lastly shows a pillar that sends of dark magic surrounded by praying characters, overshadowed by a dark elemental being.

EXPLORE ANCIENT RUINS
    Shows three characters with torches entering an abandoned and dark entrance into a ruin.
    Shows them fighting off spiders and then activating a trap, fleeing towards a chest.

MYSTIQUE EQUIPMENT
    Shows characters mentioned above opening chest with light purple/black lights shining out of it.
    Then see them swap gear and shows new UI window of mystique equipment.
    An empty slot/socket in the middle of the window, that's not interacted with.
    Below are 3 templates with different stats for the item, selects them one by one after eachother.

+6 Versatility
    -6 Haste

+6 Critical Strike
    -6 Mastery

+6 Mastery
    -6 Critical Strike

SETTLEMENTS
    Shows five characters in an overview, randomly placing down buildings freely in a small area. Some wooden walls scattered around, a fire pit and a small hut.
    Then most characters are sitting around the fire pit in the newly built settlement and a Vulpira is jumping around them.

NEW DEATH KNIGHT RACES
    Quickly shows all new Death Knight race combinations.

NEW CLASS
    DARK RANGER
    Shortly shows off the new Dark Ranger class as a Night Elf, flexing with bow and raising different skeletons from corpses, each skeleton representing the slain enemy.
    The Dark Ranger then disappear with dark/shadow magic.

Screen fades to black and the logo appears, with a dark tear running along the logo edge.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    LAMENT OF THE QUEEN

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    I mean, to be fair, if we lumped every single archer into the hunter class, we'd never get a new bow class. xP
    True, true...

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    If a dark ranger class was as fresh a concept as the leak from WeakAuras, it might not be that bad. I'm sure that Blizzard could come up with something I'd like, but I mostly just heal so I'm a bit biased towards classes that can heal. Especially since the only new healer we've gotten since release was monks, and they're pretty lame imo.
    The only way I could be interested in a Dark Ranger class is as if it was really distinct from the current Hunter class, as stated by @deviantcultist. Do I think there is enough material for that? I don't, but Blizzard could create some. We could have a shadow spec à la Sylvanas, and another one with light-coloured spells which focus on drawing power from souls and using them to create damage. But apart from those two aspects, I can't really see how they could reinvent the dark ranger. I'm ready to be surprised in a good way though!

10+ Year Old Account

And I agree, I'd like a strong expansion like Legion was. Instead of a class-focus though I'd love a race focus. Which would go perfectly with a world revamp, but once again I digress and next thing you know I'm discussing Chris Hemsworth and Bjölmourne with @Feali and @Shadochi.
    The right time to talk about Hammers is always.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    no more elf excusive classes
    I don't see it being elf exclusive, even if Sylvanas is the poster kid for the concept. If real, it sounds like the DK approach is what they'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I see, but there a few inputs on this:

- Hunter had Black Arrow (with added summon) and a Dark Ranger passive in Legion Alpha that both got removed.

- Hunter had those perks when the Dark Ranger NPC was present in the Order Hall. Even with that being a fact, she was still acting like an outsider.

- "Dead magical archer is still an archer". Sound premise, yet DK is still a dead knight/warrior and Demon Hunter is still a demonic rogue/blademaster.
    Fair points and I agree with most of them.

7+ Year Old Account

New WC film set in the same time as next expansion, with Chris playing the Bolvar and wielding Bjolmourne? Sign me up!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The right time to talk about Hammers is always.
    I'll be right back, I have an Instagram account to stalk...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    New WC film set in the same time as next expansion, with Chris playing the Bolvar and wielding Bjolmourne? Sign me up!
    Yes please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are we in favour of this because THE Bolvar would spend most of his screentime half-naked?
    Just like the ingame model... im just saying its lore accurate
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Are we in favour of this because THE Bolvar would spend most of his screentime half-naked? And because of all the puns about his hammer being a two-hander?

I'm going to start throwing money at the screen now.

Are we in favour of this because THE Bolvar would spend most of his screentime half-naked?
    ... Yes we are.