Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sigh, all they need is to add Scourge invasions on Azeroth similar to Legion on top what we have right now. But it doesn't look like they want put resources in pre-patch. Which is mistake, Legion pre-patch builded a lot of hype, even if it lasted only 3 weeks.
    Players have also been clamoring for a pre-patch as good as the WotLK one, so if the idea is that Blizzard is lazy because they copied something then I don't think the solution is to copy something else.

Besides, the Legion pre-patch was cool and all, but it was popular because it gave loads of experience at a time when levelling was at its worst, and secondly it gave loads of unique transmog, which players were incentivized to get before it was too late.
    The first is obviously pointless considering you can level quickly anyways, and the second could still be something we have yet to see patched in.

Honestly the only think I really don't like about this one is that much fo the pre-patch will be happening in Icecrown instead of the capital cities, which I think is the true magic spice that makes or breaks pre-patches.
    That being said I have yet to experience a pre-patch that isnt the most fun time to be online anyways, even WoD, so I doubt this will be the one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the only thing missing at this point is a popup in game "To learn about what happened, buy our books! Now available in audiobook format at that Blizzard Store!"
    Even the books don't explain what happened really. We know they were hunting Sylvanas, but as for a quest that actually conclusively establishes a before and after for the kidnapping we are in the dark. So far it seems like we just log in and are told that they have been kidnapped already.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even the books don't explain what happened really. We know they were hunting Sylvanas, but as for a quest that actually conclusively establishes a before and after for the kidnapping we are in the dark. So far it seems like we just log in and are told that they have been kidnapped already.
    Maybe they have a cinematic or some other hype material for that? Currently SL seems to be rather light on stuff like the harbinger style videos. But then it's hard to gauge how things like these were effected by the pandemic.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And no Blizzcon either. So they really should work on their marketing
    Lol, you can complain on almost every aspect of WoW, but for sure not marketing. Only major fuck up was MoP.

Imo whole promotion part will start with Gamescom (release date, Beta keys giveaways) and intesify after pre-patch launch ('Deathbringers' or whatever it will be called, TV/internet ads). For sure you can't start it too early, people will get impatient and lost interest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Shadowlands reveal at Blizzcon was crap. Just saying.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's just MY opinion. They did not have anything to show yet. No answers to questions and a mostly unsatisfying cinematic
    For sure someone here would share your "it was shit" opinion, don't worry about that ;D If Shadowlands reveal was so "crap" as you are saying, we will see lower than usual sales numbers. Like in MoP.

Shadowlands reveal was one of the best IMO, Sylvanas vs. Bolvar 1 on 1 is about as Dragonball Z as WoW can get, we need more of that. Faction leaders and epic heroes facing off in a 'who would win' wager fight is what is cool about this game.

Yeah, no. We had plenty of threads at the time that expressed how the cinematic was kinda bad. Especially because it was like a bad DBZ fight and out of the blue OP sylvanas was soloing the new LK; without a scratch to boot.

As far as hype goes I can only talk for my own social circles and most people I know are lukewarm about it. The afterlife theme is kinda "whatever" to most and those that care enough about the gameplay aren't too stoked for the latest hamster wheel set dressing. For most it's just new comfort food, nothing they are actually hyped about.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Shadowlands undoubtedly imo has the worst cinematic. It's pretty much just Sylvanas fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Shadowlands undoubtedly imo has the worst cinematic. It's pretty much just Sylvanas fan fiction.
    The cinematography in it is kind of weird. From the camera perspective, we'd expect to see Sylvanas as an underdog character (which is funny enough in itself at this point), but even more so when she quite handily subdues Bolvar and breaks the crown.

Did they forget how angles and perspectives play into telling a story?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The cinematography in it is kind of weird. From the camera perspective, we'd expect to see Sylvanas as an underdog character (which is funny enough in itself at this point), but even more so when she quite handily subdues Bolvar and breaks the crown.

Did they forget how angles and perspectives play into telling a story?
    Yeah the only thing that I liked about it was the locations and Bolvar. I would gladly accept it though if it means it's the last Sylvanas cinematic we're going to get. It's tiring having everything being tied to her. Could be worse I guess, it could be Nathanos.

Yeah the only thing that I liked about it was the locations and Bolvar. I would gladly accept it though if it means it's the last Sylvanas cinematic we're going to get. It's tiring having everything being tied to her. Could be worse I guess, it could be Nathanos.
    I would argue that the Shadowlands cineamtic is probably the best looking cinematic Blizzard has produced. The slow build to seeing Bolvar, the usage of light when we see the Throne with the sun rising. The real sense of dread they managed to convey with just that comparatively tiny amount of undead on top of the citadel when they all turn towards Sylvanas and you see that mass of dead blue eyes.

And then Sylvanas and Bolvar fight and you remember how much you dislike Sylvanas. And then of course there is that amazing shot of the sky splitting open to show the Shadowlands with that amazing music sting.

And of course there is Sylvanas talking, which is probably which I would place as the biggest annoyance personally.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, people played the Legion prepatch like crazy
    Mostly because you could power level you chars so quick.

- - - Updated - - -

All the tastier to witness her imminent downfall.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    All the tastier to witness her imminent downfall.
    Fair, but I can't enjoy it yet because they might redeem her still.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fair, but I can't enjoy it yet because they might redeem her still.
    Nah, too many hardcore, villainous things she did. Even Arthas had some good intentions.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Nah, too many hardcore, villainous things she did. Even Arthas had some good intentions.
    My biggest fear is they paint her as a hero, taking down the jailer or replacing him, freeing everyone from "death". It's too cringe to think about or more than only a few seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    My biggest fear is they paint her as a hero, taking down the jailer or replacing him, freeing everyone from "death". It's too cringe to think about or more than only a few seconds.
    Hard to be called a hero then you BBQ alive 10k nelfs with a smile on your face. Also, she doesn't care about freeing anybody but herself.

Hard to be called a hero
    Sylvanas Stans: "Allow us to introduce ourselves"

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas Stans: "Allow us to introduce ourselves"

Ye well, Warbringers made these almost extinct. Was hilarious how some of them here were squirming so hard, doing Olympic level mental gymnastics to find any shred of justification for Sylvi/Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hard to be called a hero then you BBQ alive 10k nelfs with a smile on your face. Also, she doesn't care about freeing anybody but herself.
    sHe DiD iT fOr tHE grEaTER gOOd!

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317450/...in-shadowlands

Why pay millions of gold when u can get stuff for free, whats next, MoP/WoD Gold set being given away for free in form of a toy as well?
    This BETTER get a LONG cooldown like 12h.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s