This has to be one of my favorite hype train pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The only thingi fear if Dragon isles is in the base expansion alongside a world revamp is that you would only spend time there, and not in whatever cool revamped zones. Which would basically end with us being in the exact same spot as Catalysm regarding the revamped zones, they look good and all while levelling, but there is no reason to go back there the rest of the expansion.
    There is no way they can make the old world relevant for endgame content.

If they really do Cataclysm 2, the Dragon Isles will be the equivalent of the new/elemental zones: just not spread all over the fucking place like Cata.

The only thingi fear if Dragon isles is in the base expansion alongside a world revamp is that you would only spend time there, and not in whatever cool revamped zones. Which would basically end with us being in the exact same spot as Catalysm regarding the revamped zones, they look good and all while levelling, but there is no reason to go back there the rest of the expansion.
    All they'd need to do is give end game content in those zones. Cata issues were that there was no end game content at all, very little dailies or reasons to do anything in any zone(even Cata zones). Add stuff like we have in BFA Darkshore and Arathi to old world zones(bosses, world quests, assaults, treasures, puzzles, etc), in addition to Dragon Isles. GG EZ.

Edit: Plus, we have level scaling now. If all of those zones potentially scale to max level once you've completed Dragon Isles, they can have scaling rewards, reasons to go there, etc.

When did yesterday's PTR build hit

Currently 3pm here

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    There is no way they can make the old world relevant for endgame content.

If they really do Cataclysm 2, the Dragon Isles will be the equivalent of the new/elemental zones: just not spread all over the fucking place like Cata.
    If the base game of 9.0 does not have any new areas, instead relying solely on revamped old zones then Blizzard could fill the zones with stuff to make them more interesting.
    If Blizzard makes a new endgame zone then Blizzard no longer has any reason to make new and interesting stuff in the old world, they could just put all the world quests, dungeons and raids in the new zone and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    I doubt they can do 9.0 good enough to switch back from Classic.

BFA looks like garbage. Origami trees instead of nice trees for example.

They would also have to ditch the ridiculous scaling. Why would a mob's level increase just because I leveled? That's just idiotic.

Very low chances... Classic is just perfect. I can relax and level up different things.

Or I can login to retail where ALLLLLLL that work on my main was a complete waste of time because they simply removed all that over the last few expansions, or dumbed it completely down.
    Eh. All of my friends and guild that went to Classic are already back to Retail. They said the same things about Classic. There is just nothing to do once you've gotten to 60 and geared up.

If the base game of 9.0 does not have any new areas, instead relying solely on revamped old zones then Blizzard could fill the zones with stuff to make them more interesting.
    If Blizzard makes a new endgame zone then Blizzard no longer has any reason to make new and interesting stuff in the old world, they could just put all the world quests, dungeons and raids in the new zone and ignore the rest.
    There always has to be new zones. Always.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

Currently 3pm here
    I made a post about it when it hit.

7+ Year Old Account
    if they do a lv squish, i wonder how the mogs runs will be.

if i can't solo the old raids will for sure abandon the game, cause most of my time i spend doing solo shit

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well if Sylvanas wants lots of death, a Galakrond sized Frost Wyrm would certainly do the trick.
    That would be freakin' awesome to see, but generally unfortunate for the denizens of Azeroth. I wonder what an undead Galakrond would look like considering he's THE proto-dragon. I remember there being other types of undead dragons such as Emberwyrms. What would he be associated with? We have life, nature, arcane, time, and earth in the other aspects.

But wouldn't an undead Galakrond be extremely massive? I think I remember reading somewhere that he was the biggest dragon ever.

Also, wasn't Golden Illidan Funko Pop the Legion exclusive?
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Currently 3pm here
    Wowhead had a post about it at 5:57 PST, mmo-champion at 6:38 PST. I believe a few dataminers reported it going down at 2:50 PST.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

if i can't solo the old raids will for sure abandon the game, cause most of my time i spend doing solo shit
    That is a gooooood question. I imagine there will be "legacy mode" so they function the same as they do now. They wouldn't dare fuck that up. They did for a bit in a few of the betas, and quickly fixed it due to backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    I doubt they can do 9.0 good enough to switch back from Classic.

BFA looks like garbage. Origami trees instead of nice trees for example.

They would also have to ditch the ridiculous scaling. Why would a mob's level increase just because I leveled? That's just idiotic.

Very low chances... Classic is just perfect. I can relax and level up different things.

Or I can login to retail where ALLLLLLL that work on my main was a complete waste of time because they simply removed all that over the last few expansions, or dumbed it completely down.
    People keep bringing this up, yet one of the biggest criticisms in WoD was the fact that there wasn't much reason to log in other than raiding.

Presumably the exact same as now, you go into an old raid, you see teh unsquished numbers on the enemies, but you also do unsquished amounts of damage, so it balances out.

Currently 3pm here
    An hour from now IIRC

7+ Year Old Account
    Presumably the exact same as now, you go into an old raid, you see teh unsquished numbers on the enemies, but you also do unsquished amounts of damage, so it balances out.
    maybe, but they did messed up with this before, what would be the threshold? 45, 55 ir just the max lv to join by example a Wod and MOP raid.

This is my biggest concern about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm all for it, but random zone-wide invasions in the old world could be annoying for roleplayers who're just trying to go about their business. Imagine organizing an RP event in, say, Feralas, and then all of a sudden the sky turns purple and tentacles start growing out of the ground while Khadgar's floating head shouts, "Hero! The forces of the Black Empire have breached Feralas and we need your help quelling the threat. Gah, there are tentacles... everywhere!"

WQs in the old world seem fine as long as they don't ruin every peaceful RP spot with tentacle monsters.
    I never delved much into role-playing but wouldn't that add to their experience? It doesn't have to be end of the invasions type scenarios. It would be far more appealing if they were local threats of the zone

Eg. The Argant Crusade are leading an assault against Stratholme, you get Quests to kill different undead and their leaders out in the pluagewood while the Crusade pushes towards Strath, the end quest would be to do Strath with an extra boss.

The Crossroads are preairing a defence against a Cenatur assault. They need help collecting resources including Profession crafted items, zhebra hoofs and killing centaur scouting parties. It all ends with an assault type scenario quest.

Having different zones every day/on a timer.
    I think it would add alot to making the world feel more alive.

maybe, but they did messed up with this before, what would be the threshold? 45, 55 ir just the max lv to join by example a Wod and MOP raid.

This is my biggest concern about it.
    I wouldnt worry, at worst there will be some minor bugs that make it through the PTR, but i would feel pretty confident that in the end soloing raids will work pretty much the same as now.

@razorpax

Your silence is deafening, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyfish View Post
    I never delved much into role-playing but wouldn't that add to their experience? It doesn't have to be end of the invasions type scenarios. It would be far more appealing if they were local threats of the zone
    It all depends on the type of RP.
    Generally though the problem is consistency, if Feralas is invaded by Botani or whatever at exactly 12PM Wednesdays then it would be amazing for RPers, since they can go there during an invasion to add to their experience, go there outside incase they want a specific spot that is normally invaded to be uninvaded, or even maybe line up their RP session to coincide with when the invasion begins for a great bit of flavor.

Invasions probably won't be fixed though, they will almost definitely be random.
    That being said, so long as they at least work consistently on a timer you would probably be able to work around it.