7+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of dark shamans.

I hope we explore the element of decay somewhat in the future.
    A death expansion would be perfect for that.

We know so much about spirit, but almost nothing about decay.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We will see when Blizzcon opens, but reading that leak really did remind me just how tired i am of new locations every single expansion. Especially when it isnt needed, or will be needed again.
    As long as we don't see another Cataclysm where the old zones just get straight up replaced. I hate seeing old stuff removed like I really wanna play the old Scholomance but can't be arsed to play Classic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    As long as we don't see another Cataclysm where the old zones just get straight up replaced. I hate seeing old stuff removed like I really wanna play the old Scholomance but can't be arsed to play Classic though.
    Pretty sure any world revamp in the future will also come with a way to see the old version. Either on a per-zone basis or even better by going to teh caverns of time or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    everything will have the bronze dragon to see the old zones ,as the logic way.

then people could choose what time they want to lv up
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-26 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Jobs in FFXIV indeed are different to the classes we have in WoW and at first I disliked that system but they really improved it and I very much appreciate it now. And since Stormblood and Shadowbringers the Jobs are so refined and specialized and have quite nice playstyles that I really appreciate it now.

One WoW class is equivalent to two jobs, I agree on that. Yet they added two completely new races as well. Shadowbringers was a remarkable success for FFXIV and the entry in the franchise that kicked WoW off the throne imho (well BfA did the rest).

I hope the next expansion is very feature-heavy and revamps a lot of the old systems, it's necessary. But I fear that Blizzard doesn't see the necessity to do so.
    I like FFXIV and I agree that is more successful with each expansion, but I feel that its miles away from WoW regarding benefits or subscriptions.

Regarding the Job system, I really like It, but is not comparable to WoW's classes, which are IMO way more difficult to balance with 3 specs per class and many choices regarding talents, in FFXIV there is no choice, you have your job and your skills, which is perfectly fine, but way more easy to handle and way easier to introduce new jobs, which is amazing and a very cool system.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

You turn into poop, and food for worms and beetles. The realm of Death might have some relation to Time.

Okay Blizzard is f'ing up with the corrupted gear so maybe we could summarize the 90% of the pages of this thread as "things Blizzard didn't listen to".

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    Okay Blizzard is f'ing up with the corrupted gear so maybe we could summarize the 90% of the pages of this thread as "things Blizzard didn't listen to".
    Yup, they really shouldnt have listened to all the feedback and tried experimenting with cool effects on gear and also removing titanforging. What were they thinking? /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I mean, "Battle for Azeroth" really is a terrible, terrible name too so I wouldn't put them past Blizzard. I was CONVINCED BfA, when we found that name prior to Blizzcon, was going to be some sort of card game or mobile game. :/
    the main problem is "Elune" is character, and lots of people give zero shit about, except night elf players and sympathizers, is not a good name to sell out

"shroud" is also "meh",it don't have a impact like "battle"

not saying i impossible, just saying it by far one of the worst names for an expansion

Exclamation Let That Be Your Last Clue

Summary:

• The riddle of expansion name is in my password. But admins will not violate my privacy, right?
    • Our heart is still dying
    • Tell my father that I love him
    • Be my Queen
    • Your secret is revealed. You warned us and now we paid
    • The Brotherhood will restore order in our homeland
    • There'll be only one successor for these damned kingdom
    • The Old Kingdom awaits
    • Each of them will find their own path for afterlife
    • He was monstrous. His bones is too old...
    • Flaming War. Unholy Pestilence. Cold Famine. Bloody Death
    • Heroes of the Fourth War know no peace
    • Their loyalty is bound by the flame pact
    • The King shall forge a new blade
    • Trinity is sleeping inside the Crown
    • She called herself a hero, but she is a servant
    • Whispers were telling the truth
    • Three maiden at the edge of night will become harbingers
    • Master's anger is deadly
    • Big false loa
    • That's story of all our kins, mortal
    • Death is the path to immortality!
    • There is an answer, hided in the shadows
    • New loa?
    • She will not stop her hunt and will forsake all for it
    • We’ll see whose school is better
    • You can't kill the Death
    • Worship your goddess
    • Fools! EVERY lich has a jar!
    • Remember the Saurfang's family
    • Rage will lead the wolf into a trap
    • They will swear allegiance to their true Queen
    • Two dead man in love
    • Don't forget the torches!
    • Father will put us to sleep forever
    • He has many faces, but now we find out the true
    • Just imagine a world where no one dies

New features:
    • They cutted me in the past, but I returned in all of my scale grace
    • I feel myself more ... compact
    • I could not even think of such talents!
    • I grow with you.
    • Let this place be our home!
    • In frozen land we'll meet again

New Zones:
    • I will restore our legacy
    • Every child needs a hope
    • Time paradox!
    • Don't spoil our kin!
    • I dream of peace, but my heart is not.

Afterword:
    • You'll never guess whether it's true or not, until you see for yourself.
    • The true leak was already published.

how is blizz so good at keeping the expac a secret, someone fucking knows the expac on this site and I want the answer now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

spirit come from life, decay comes from death

if the chronicles pic says anything, spirit come from the "fusion" or interaction of light and life, and decay come from the interaction of death and shadow/void

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    how is blizz so good at keeping the expac a secret, someone fucking knows the expac on this site and I want the answer now.
    My theory is that the theme of the expansion is a closely guarded secret, devs working on it only see either a small segment pertaining to their exact line of work, and the people who do know are in short supply, and furthermore under an extremely heavy NDA.

Most Blizz employees probably only learn what the expansion is fully about either after several years of loyal service, or extremely close to Blizzcon, explaining the usual leak coming only a few hours before.

Beyond that though, an NDA with a company like Blizzard is serious business. And when they also work for them and are likely planning to keep working for them, or at least in the same line of work there is little to gain from breaking it.
    At best they get to gather internet street cred for a few hours before everyone knows. At worst they lose their job, and all future possibilkities for a similar job with other game companies. Who afterall are going to hire an employee who is known to have willingly broken an NDA.

im just surprised, someone hasn't datamined SOMETHING like the title or anything, im sure there are people hard at work trying to find anything on it, years past you we have seen blizz trademark names and now that is out.

- - - Updated - - -

also, old gods, can anyone explain to me how we truly killed any of them if there entire bodies span across the planet, it just doesn't make sense to me? n zoth is a continent in size but we shoot a lazer at one part of him and hes dead? same with yogg and the cthun, I cant believe that we kill creatures 10000x the size of our chars with swords and daggers.

im just surprised, someone hasn't datamined SOMETHING like the title or anything, im sure there are people hard at work trying to find anything on it, years past you we have seen blizz trademark names and now that is out.
    Some leaks are simply about some third party messing up and revealing something they shouldnt have. This year that was for Diablo 4, not WoW.

Beyond that, we doung the encrypted Allied race DKs, which is perfectly in line with what we usually find before Blizzcon.
    The problem this year is that no matter where we go the name wouldnt tell us much. If we go to a Revamped Northrend or revamped EK/Kalimdor then the name is just going to be from a place we already know. Conversely if we go to the Dragon isles then a name is pointless since we don't know the names of anything on that island.

Last 2 expansion we got a Suramar cloak hinting at Suramar in Legion and a Kul Tiras robe hinting at Kul Tiras in BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    also, old gods, can anyone explain to me how we truly killed any of them if there entire bodies span across the planet, it just doesn't make sense to me?
    its simple, its because their bodies DON'T span across the planet

n zoth is a continent in size but we shoot a lazer at one part of him and hes dead?
    he is not continent size, nowhere is said thing kind of thing

I cant believe that we kill creatures 10000x the size of our chars with swords and daggers.
    maybe we can't, even when we killed titans whoa are massive, but old gods are not like that.

oh im mistaken then , isn't one of them as big as a continent though?

7+ Year Old Account
    oh im mistaken then , isn't one of them as big as a continent though?
    never saw or hear something like that, maybe they implied something like that in old lore that i don't remember atm, but they are huge but never continent size, N'zoth is actually pretty big compared to the others

the biggest/strongest one, was ripped from the earth by Amanthul causing a great wound that is the Well of Eternity

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that we have the theme of the next expansion completely wrong. It won't be dragons, void, death, or anything we're expecting.

A human is big yet they die when they get stabbed in the brain.

What a stupid argument