Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They've said there's a cap on legendary crafting reagents per week, and that the likely only other rewards will be cosmetic stuff. So I think it will just be grinding for stuff like a mount or toys if you want after that point.
    This is the way to go. That way people can grind if they want, without forcing everyone to put 20+ hours in Torghast every week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That sounds really interesting tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as he is just a cameo, thats okay.

But please just leave him be and dont shoehorn him into the story.
    Oh of course, he should never actually come back. But him being like, the new Jailer, or just killing Sylvanas and taking a dump on her decapitated head would be cool.

I don't think Blizzard has enough self control to not add Arthas into the story, even as a minor role.

Torghast key acquisition sounds good.
    I hate the idea of them gating something that I think I'll really love but this seems fine.

As someone who's obsessed with roguelikes and roguelites I just want to be able to do this whenever I want, but I also think something to prevent me from burnout might not be the end of the world. If they were willing to compromise a bit on the key cost (if it becomes exorbitant at some point) I would be fine with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't think Blizzard has enough self control to not add Arthas into the story, even as a minor role.
    Nor should they. Just like Star Wars uses Darth Vader any chance they get.

Yeah it's all about balance. Preventing burn out whilst ensuring they don't put people off even playing the content because of effort/time gates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Nor should they. Just like Star Wars uses Darth Vader any chance they get.
    Like I said earlier, as long as he stays dead and or in relation to the Maw. I will be ok with that, Dead in the Shadowlands/Maw but can't go back to Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Like I said earlier, as long as he stays dead and or in relation to the Maw. I will be ok with that, Dead in the Shadowlands/Maw but can't go back to Azeroth.
    Yep yep yep. And for the love of God, give him a new model if he shows up. He looked like ass in the Jaina cutscene during BFA.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast key acquisition sounds good.
    I have reservations about the 3 day key knowing how much of a PITA Withered Training was. Honestly I think in genera gating Torghast is just a matter of "please dont put this in late. Put this in now because we know you're going to botch the tuning and will need time to make it easier to get keys."

In case anyone is wondering why Lilith is trolling...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697875252214104075/700754059916738610/unknown.png[/img]
    You win MMO-Champion Investigative Reporter of the Year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Lore characters confirmed to be in the tower. Held there as prisoners of the jailer.
    Wasn't there that intro quest thing someone shared that said the faction leaders were trapped in the Maw?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Wasn't there that intro quest thing someone shared that said the faction leaders were trapped in the Maw?
    IDK about faction leaders but I know they said there will be lore characters that cross over with us that end up trapped. Tyrande is pretty much a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean Torghast runs are not that short so having to plan ahead to do one makes sense.
    The problem appears if you really, really enjoy doing them though. And then a few of those runs will have to be dedicated to doing them "properly", instead of for fun.

Imagine for instance, that the boring hypothetical 5% damage buffs are the best, as well as doing them specifically in a 5-man group. Suddenly one of your hypothetical weekly runs will have to be dedicated to a "boring" 5-man run, instead of a potentially more fun solo run where you pick all the class specific abilities that turns you into a ghost with the ability to posess boss monsters or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, turns out that i have been a goddamn master at predicting the small details of the expansion so far.

Firrst i predicted that Anima would stop being a major issue after Castle Nathria, and then the Revandreth storyline talks all about how Denathrius is a massive supplier of Anima.
    Then i predicted that Torghast will be about freeing people, and lo it was.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Torghast isn't going to be about freeing IMPORTANT people because the second that we rescue the big lore figures, the story will shift to them. Tyrande is an exception because they want to continue her story immediately and her story is relevant to cosmology.

They've said that launch will be mostly world building (aka BFA launch without the war campaign) so... it's safe to assume that if we rescue any NPCs in Torghast runs it will be minor ones. If we rescued Jaina at launch the story would immediately shift to her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saving Tyrande will probably be the introductory quests for the tower.

"free Tyrande, reach floor 5" or something like that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

There's that too. We already know that we go into the Maw twice just for Revendreth quests, so they will likely slowly trickle the amount of lore figures that appear in the story to keep it from being a BFA-tier clusterfuck.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm confused how you can first say something wrong, and then state the right thing in the next line.

Sorry, I only recognize Baron Samedi (and pop-culture versions like Facilier) as inspirations for Bwonsamdi.
    I guess it depends on the person?

I've seen a lot of Reddit posts saying he looks like Ryuk or something. I personally just think it's his face and hair (and maaayybe hunched posture) that makes him look like Ryuk. Other than that, nope

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, i can see where they're coming from, but i don't think it was on purpose. Bwonsamdi is just Bawon Samdi applied to Troll aesthetics. Which happen to have similar proportioning and poses to Ryuk. Skull like masks or faces for Death related entities aren't exactly farfetched ideas, either.
    I could've sworn there was a Blue post or something confirming it, or just a post on WoW's official website

I'm a girl btw lmao
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Also, turns out that i have been a goddamn master at predicting the small details of the expansion so far.

Firrst i predicted that Anima would stop being a major issue after Castle Nathria, and then the Revandreth storyline talks all about how Denathrius is a massive supplier of Anima.
    Then i predicted that Torghast will be about freeing people, and lo it was.
    I'm sure Anima will be relevant again, when they add new systems/devolve current one in future patches.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

I can see it being faction based who you save first. Like Tyrande for Ally, Thrall for Horde or something.

That would suck as it would be motivation not to do the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I can see it being faction based who you save first. Like Tyrande for Ally, Thrall for Horde or something.
    I wonder if it'll be Vol'jin instead, or he's safe because he's a spirit/Rezan bailed him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it'll be Vol'jin instead, or he's safe because he's a spirit/Rezan bailed him out.
    Gonna imagine he's safe since he's been crossing back and forth already.