Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    How is this not perfect? The only complaint is that they won't have paladins or light themed racials.
    Because there's always a chunk of the player base that's never happy with anything.

Alliance players: It's not fair that Horde gets high elves, we have Alleria
    Horde players: It's not fair that Alliance gets high elves, we have OG high elves
    More generic: These aren't TRUE HIGH ELVES WAAAAAAH

It's an awesome move by Blizz tho, and I lowkey love that this expac is turning into the customization expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    That is actually pretty great. It's a good way to give both sides high elves and no one will whine or bitch or moan.*

*people will still whine and bitch and moan
    Already saw much whining that "I wanted High Elves, not High Elf with Void Elf racials!!!"

Because there's always a chunk of the player base that's never happy with anything.

Alliance players: It's not fair that Horde gets high elves, we have Alleria
    Horde players: It's not fair that Alliance gets high elves, we have OG high elves
    More generic: These aren't TRUE HIGH ELVES WAAAAAAH

It's an awesome move by Blizz tho, and I lowkey love that this expac is turning into the customization expansion.
    Yeah, I gotta give it to Blizzard.

I can't fault them here. They made the choice that would make the most people happy.

How is this not perfect? The only complaint is that they won't have paladins or light themed racials.
    Eh, High Elves never had Paladins to begin with. Whole Blood Knight order was founded by, well, Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Eh, High Elves never had Paladins to begin with. Whole Blood Knight order was founded by, well, Blood Elves.
    I think there's a couple High Elf paladins in the Silver Hand but the lore here is more interesting. These are High Elves that joined up with the Void Elves, it would make sense they forsook the light for the void and can't be paladins anymore.

Holy priests sure but it would hurt the shit out of them like Undead. Paladin seems like a no-no just like the lore for Undead as well.

Already saw much whining that "I wanted High Elves, not High Elf with Void Elf racials!!!"
    But it's actually pretty awesome lorewise.

Like...how many high elves are even left? 1% of a 10% remainder after Arthas invaded Quel'thalas? So probably a few hundred, at most? But this is literally just...giving us Alleria. Like you get your cool void form but you get your high elf appearance6. It makes so much more sense than making it a separate race.

But there's no pleasing some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, I gotta give it to Blizzard.

I can't fault them here. They made the choice that would make the most people happy.
    They really did. This is a perfectly example of playing both sides so they come out on top.

- - - Updated - - -

High elves didn't have a paladin order but there were high elf paladins, for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fair skin(Or peachy) skinned options for BE's apparently are there for Void elves to.. if I read that right.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Fair skin(Or peachy) skinned options for BE's apparently are there for Void elves to.. if I read that right.
    Yeah it sounded like void elves are getting a lot of blood elf skin tones.

Yeah it sounded like void elves are getting a lot of blood elf skin tones.
    And tentacle-less hairstyles for styles that used to have tentacles, if I'm not mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that both sides are getting the High Elf aesthetic, are upright Undead next? If they put (skinnier) Humans on Horde people are going to flood both sides.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, void elves are getting all of the blood elf options.

Formerly known as Arafal

And tentacle-less hairstyles for styles that used to have tentacles, if I'm not mistaken.
    Oh really? I skimmed it so I missed that. That's pretty cool, actually.

Both sides are functionally getting true high elves, then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup
    Though honestly I am still impressed with how hot black elves look.
    We can finally play as sunfire elves!

All we need is facial tattoos.

Formerly known as Arafal

They could also give Void Elves some of the normal Thalassian hairstyles. Currently they have only oily emo, tentacles, or oily emo with tentacles. Some regular well kept and uncorrupted hairstyles and colors would fit the uncorrupted/less corrupted High Elf look better.

The fact that there's still some ppl who are mad over this is ridiculous. I swear the diehard High Elf fans are the worst part of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The fact that there's still some ppl who are mad over this is ridiculous. I swear the diehard High Elf fans are the worst part of the community.
    It doesn't seem to be many people.

I'm pretty mad tbh

Vrykul humans when

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty mad tbh

Vrykul humans when
    If you want Vrykul humans, Kul Tirans are waiting for you!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    No, wow haters are worse then "High Elf fans" I think you're reaching there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If you want Vrykul humans, Kul Tirans are waiting for you!
    But for the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, wow haters are worse then "High Elf fans" I think you're reaching there.
    The 'wow haters' can barely be called part of the community.

Most of them barely even play, if they do so at all.

Formerly known as Arafal