7+ Year Old Account
    Ok then, I see that SL lore is utterly fucked for you. That's unfortunate.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Completely irrelevant. The quest obviously didn't stand out if you didn't know it was a hommage because it worked on the grounds of the lore at that time. It only does now because of their retcons.
    And the new lore is more structured and works more closely with other death themes in the Warcraft universe. Obsessing over there not being a clear confirmation of Christian Heaven in Warcraft now would be more understandable than complaining about a retcon for being a retcon when the original lore was based on a fucking cameo.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Weirdly the lore to me is one of the more sound parts of SL. It's the pull back on the deprune that's got me

So I guess it's better than BFA by default, BFA's story was an actual train wreck. Which is a shame because there was so much cool stuff they could have done with Kul'tiras and Zandalar and Azshara.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well, he was promised "paradise eternal". Doesn't seem to fit any of the Shadowlands we've seen.
    How was he saved when his soul was crippled, didn't find peace and is bound for eternal servitude in Bastion? What does any of this have to do with the Light? Why does the Light send people into the Shadowlands?
    This follows the information we learn in Maldraxxus where the Shadowlands were attacked by both the armies of the light & void in the past. This is why the Shadowlands needs an army in the first place. This seems to relate to the naaru & void lords do not have a concept of mortality like we do: They are functionally immortal but susceptible to becoming void lords.

But it's up in the air if this means the Shadowlands are actually an abomination or its the Naaru who are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, you just are looking for a way to moan at Blizzard about a literal reference to someone who died IRL....who probably doesn't want to be used as internet fodder for a petty argument.
    I don't think you have any idea about how storytelling works. Something being an hommage or reference to something that took place IRL is completely irrelevant when it comes to evaluating whether it is part of the actual story. Just because you can view it as such doesn't mean it only exists as a reference to something outside the Wacraft universe. Harrison Jones is obviously a reference to Indiana Jones and he's still a character within the lore. Most of the stories reference real life things. Al'ar's ashes were also a tribute to a kid who had cancer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    And the new lore is more structured and works more closely with other death themes in the Warcraft universe. Obsessing over there not being a clear confirmation of Christian Heaven in Warcraft now would be more understandable than complaining about a retcon for being a retcon when the original lore was based on a fucking cameo.
    Yeah, idk I don't really care about Blizzard's structured approach to the demystification of the Warcraft Universe. A retcon is a retcon.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-08-27 at 08:34 PM.

I think the feeling of being conflicted is totally intentional. Repeatedly during shadowlands we're told to reconsider our base assumptions: The points the Forsworn make are good & Uther only switches sides for the sake of ending the violence. We spend a considerable amount of time being told the Accuser is a villain before she becomes our ally. We want to help Tyrande have her vengeance but also that doing that will end her life. Also, the Mawsworn are really cool. I am constantly conflicted & I love it.

Do you guys think we'll get any in game cinematics in the prepatch? The battle for lordaeron ones were pre patch right?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If by killed his own people you mean "Killed a bunch of infected people before they could turn and feast on their friends providing them a peaceful end..." sure.
    still evil from a moral and humane stand point.
    he could've cured them with the Light and quarantined all of them
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you have any idea about how storytelling works. Something being an hommage or reference to something that took place IRL is completely irrelevant when it comes to evaluating whether it is part of the actual story. Just because you can view it as such doesn't mean it only exists as a reference to something outside the Wacraft universe. Harrison Jones is obviously a reference to Indiana Jones and he's still a character within the lore. Most of the stories reference real life things. Al'ar's ashes were also a tribute to a kid who had cancer.
    Yeah Harrison Jones is a reference to Indiana Jones hence why literally nobody gives a shit that much about him. Lore isn't broken by the cinematic you can pretend that it is but thats you being oblivious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Do you guys think we'll get any in game cinematics in the prepatch? The battle for lordaeron ones were pre patch right?
    nathanos is getting a cinematic with tyrande i wont spoil anything and hope no one spoils anything for me
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and assume there will be a cinematic for whatever event brings us directly to the Shadowlands from Icecrown.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Now I wonder - who threw Sylvanas to the Maw after she died back in WoTLK? She fit (at that moment) either Revendreth or Maldraxxus. Or maybe suicide = Maw in this universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Now I wonder - who threw Sylvanas to the Maw after she died back in WoTLK? She fit (at that moment) either Revendreth or Maldraxxus. Or maybe suicide = Maw in this universe?
    Jailer probably. Either with his own powers or using the Valkyr as a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and assume there will be a cinematic for whatever event brings us directly to the Shadowlands from Icecrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    nathanos is getting a cinematic with tyrande i wont spoil anything and hope no one spoils anything for me
    Thanks guys

Or no one threw Sylvanas into the Maw, since there is no indication that she went there without the Arbiter permission.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Or no one threw Sylvanas into the Maw, since there is no indication that she went there without the Arbiter permission.
    It's not confirmed whether or not the Arbiter was aware of her, as the Arbiter didn't exist as a concept as of Edge of Night. However Blizz can use her nonexistence as a way to show that her not seeing the Arbiter at all was a sign that she bypassed her.

Alternatively, they can use Sylvanas seeing the "golden fields" or whatever as a way to say "hey Arbiter sent her somewhere nice but Jailer stole her after that".

It's not confirmed whether or not the Arbiter was aware of her, as the Arbiter didn't exist as a concept as of Edge of Night. However Blizz can use her nonexistence as a way to show that her not seeing the Arbiter at all was a sign that she bypassed her.

Alternatively, they can use Sylvanas seeing the "golden fields" or whatever as a way to say "hey Arbiter sent her somewhere nice but Jailer stole her after that".
    That is my point, nothing is confirmed. So why are you guys starting from the assumption that she bypassed the Arbiter?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

That is my point, nothing is confirmed. So why are you guys starting from the assumption that she bypassed the Arbiter?
    Because that's the logical conclusion for a potential "the Jailer tricked Sylvanas" storyline which seems very probable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because as it seems neither Garrosh, Vashj, Kael or even Arthas would have ended up in the Maw naturally.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Uther didnt seem to meet the arbiter either, so there is also the very logical assumption that being judged by the arbiter goes by so fast that you barely notice it. Afterall if we go by the souls we see in Oribos a newly dead soul gets maybe a second to look at the arbiter before being teleported to whatever afterlife they are chosen for.
    The world revamp dream will never die!