Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The void used Azeroth as a distraction to consume the soul of another world which wouldn’t have been possible if we didn’t lock up sargeras
    Yes, even Blizzard hinted at this. One of the creepy ghosts in Drustvar says something like:

"The balance that the Burning One kept is now lost."

The meaning is clear. Sargeras, despite his twisted ways, was fundamentally keeping the Void Lords at bay through his Burning Crusade. But since Sargeras has been defeated and his Crusade ended, who is going to stop the Void Lords now? They'll make a power move soon.

Alleria: "The whispers did not end after the Old God's death. In fact, new voices have joined the chorus."
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-18 at 08:18 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes, even Blizzard hinted at this. One of the creepy ghosts in Drustvar says something like:

"The balance that the Burning One kept is now lost."

The meaning is clear. Sargeras, despite his twisted ways, was fundamentally keeping the Void Lords at bay through his Burning Crusade. But since Sargeras has been defeated and his Crusade ended, who is going to stop the Void Lords now?
    Which is why ending the Death attacks with Jailer is going to further shrink the cosmology war into Light/Void/Arcane/Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The Kyrian meme was because the the first soulbind you get for Kyrian (Pelagos) was better than the other first soulbinds, so that meant they are OP. They nerfed him.
    Pelagos was way better than all of the other 11 soulbinds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    By that logic they would of forgotten about the sword in in Silithus which is clearly not the case. Its more of their original intentions for the book might not of been said to us.
    Well, they did forgot about the sword. It was never fully addressed. Removing tumor from one's brain doesn't heal a knife stabbed into the abdomen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well, they did forgot about the sword. It was never fully addressed. Removing tumor from one's brain doesn't heal a knife stabbed into the abdomen.
    Except it is not a tumor, and not a human body. Chamber was stabilized and fixed, Azerite spillage stopped.

Well, it wasn't for any mage spec.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

They likely didn't forget the sword, and more likely wrote BFA as a prequel to multiple future expansions (which doesn't lead to a good standalone product).

Hence why half it was a dedicated prologue to Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Because they aren't going to be beheld to a years-old book when writing new lore. Chronicles was more of a mistake than anything: you can't (and shouldn't) futureproof lore.
    Sigh. Why do people keep saying this?

Of course you can. If you already planned out future lore it's more than possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Welp seems like Kyrian is no longer top shit of the covenant ladder, que the remaining week being filled with cries of "pull the ripcord!!".

Not sure about the change to the Necrolord Soulbind Heirmir though, seems like a pretty massive DPS boost that will run into the exact same problem Pelagos did with effectively giving an extra Throughput ability.
    The pelagos change won’t effect progression

The trait is the final unlock

7+ Year Old Account

I mean, not every guild clears entire mythic in that time. And there are also future raids.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Well of course not, which is why it was silly by all the guide writers to base their belief that Kyrian was busted on the belief that not only would Pelagos stay the way he was until launch, he would stay that way all the way until the trait became relevant.

Players were convinced that Kyrian was OP because it had such a busted trait, and now it does not have that anymore, rendering all the discussion around it mostly meaningless, further strenghtening the argument taht picking a covenant because it is BiS is silly when you are opening yourself to having to change it per patch, if not per hotfix.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Players: alright, 5 days to launch, let's read a guide and pick Covenant.

Ion:

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Players: alright, 5 days to launch, let's read a guide and pick Covenant.

Ion:
    There's a couple specs that have one or two obvious picks for covenants, but not enough that aren't fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Give me one example. But it must be real retcon, no "map in Chronicle 3 looks slightly different than in Chronicle 1".
    Of course they won't. Either they come up with something that wasn't in the Chronicles or it's going to be based on a misreading.

Which is why it was obvious it was going to get nerfed again. Anybody not realising that was just fooling themself.

It was fully adressed. After we drained it in Legion, the Azerite was the only issue left. Inert objects that plug up wounds don't get removed if you don't have the means to properly close the wound afterwards or remove them without doing worse damage. Ji Firepaw nearly got Shen-Zin Su killed because he didn't understand that.

Kinda gutted Pelagos got nerfed, but obviously expected. It was the big thing keeping Kyrian competitive with Venthyr for Warrior DPS, but now Venthyr will likely stand alone as the go-to for raiding.

Which I'm fine with anyway. Condemn goes brrrr n all that

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Kinda gutted Pelagos got nerfed, but obviously expected. It was the big thing keeping Kyrian competitive with Venthyr for Warrior DPS, but now Venthyr will likely stand alone as the go-to for raiding.

I think venthyr have been the majority pick besides night fae since the beginning (I did an early poll here months ago where they usually trended 40-50%), but for warriors I expect a real disproportionate amount of venthyr, simply because the flow of condem is so much better that no other ability comes even close.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Such nice art.

Also those are some killer thighs.

the monk designer left....theres hope for the fun bugs to be ignored now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post

was it gutted??

the first trait was nerfed a few weeks ago and the vers trait was the one that wouldnt be unlocked for months so in terms of playing you wont feel the nerf for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    was it gutted??

the first trait was nerfed a few weeks ago and the vers trait was the one that wouldnt be unlocked for months so in terms of playing you wont feel the nerf for a long time
    I meant gutted as in disappointed. It's UK slang, sorry.

And yup, Condemn was likely always going to be the initial pick because of this, but the nerf means it'll likely be the go-to even once all the stuff is unlocked. I just hope Banner gets some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well of course not, which is why it was silly by all the guide writers to base their belief that Kyrian was busted on the belief that not only would Pelagos stay the way he was until launch, he would stay that way all the way until the trait became relevant.

Players were convinced that Kyrian was OP because it had such a busted trait, and now it does not have that anymore, rendering all the discussion around it mostly meaningless, further strenghtening the argument taht picking a covenant because it is BiS is silly when you are opening yourself to having to change it per patch, if not per hotfix.
    The reason kyrian was strong and pelagos being very powerful is more than that trait
    The guides telling why even goes into it

For example as a monk dps you compare the soulbind bonuses
    The pelagos first trait is a direct 30% damage bonus that has a constant refresh rate
    The Venthyr is I think a defensive or speed boost
    Night fae is a heal
    NecroLord was an hp boost but now it’s a stat boost
    (Abilities triggered by covenant abilities)

Phial is OP

Not to mention the fact pelagos still has a path where you sacrifice no throughput abilities for the potency conduit

This change doesn’t break it and no guides stated that single trait was the reason for the domination of kyrian

Just realized, the short story doesn't mention Dalaran I think. Is that a sign the city has moved/is moving somewhere else?

The reason kyrian was strong and pelagos being very powerful is more than that trait
    The guides telling why even goes into it

For example as a monk dps you compare the soulbind bonuses
    The pelagos first trait is a direct 30% damage bonus that has a constant refresh rate
    The Venthyr is I think a defensive or speed boost
    Night fae is a heal
    NecroLord was an hp boost but now it’s a stat boost
    (Abilities triggered by covenant abilities)

Phial is OP

Not to mention the fact pelagos still has a path where you sacrifice no throughput abilities for the potency conduit

This change doesn’t break it and no guides stated that single trait was the reason for the domination of kyrian
    I think they nerfed the mastery bonus some weeks ago to be like 1/3rd of the original value. So it should be more like 10% mastery now. One's milage may vary obviously. In general I think the idea of giving mastery was always a bad idea, since it works so vastly different for every spec. That or they would have needed to adjust the value based on class, better yet, spec.. but then it would be obvious how awful mastery balancing is for many specs. Either way, many classes can't even properly make the most out of it since they aren't mobile enough to extend the duration for maximum use in a raid encounter.

Edit: Also every covenant has one soulbind where you can get the second potentcy conduit without sacrificing anything.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-19 at 07:17 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.