The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I shall end this thread (for me) by saying, I am now 1000% convinced what broke Death was us killing Argus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I shall end this thread (for me) by saying, I am now 1000% convinced what broke Death was us killing Argus.
    I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS...

Can't believe I MAY be right.

they are working on lip-syncing, I can't believe it

So after that Oribos cinematic, it seems like most of us were right on what broke it. I mean, people will still debate because it's not unequivocal, but personally, I'm pretty convinced I was right from the start

Argus's soul is blue.
    Argus turned red after Sargeras empowered him.
    Argus's soul was used to imprison Sargeras.

so how is it Argus?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Argus's soul is blue.

so how is it Argus?
    Know any other godly powerful evil souls that we killed before the Burning of Teldrassil?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

3+ Year Old Account
    Everyone farming Mythic Argus for his scythe(s) broke it!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Know any other godly powerful evil souls that we killed before the Burning of Teldrassil?
    What if it was Xe'ra.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Argus's soul is blue.

so how is it Argus?
    Because Argus became Red in the Mythic phase, when Sargeras empowered him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Everyone farming Mythic Argus for his scythe(s) broke it!
    Fuckin' Asmongold...

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Because Argus became Red in the Mythic phase, when Sargeras empowered him.
    I said that already but when he died his soul became blue then was used to help put Sargeras in prison.
    so its not Argus.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I said that already but when he died his soul became blue then was used to help put Sargeras in prison.
    so its not Argus.
    His World Soul's remains were Blue. The corruption may have been Red, and stolen from the Shadowlands.

Pretty AF. God damn.

You're high bro...

The leveling is great

I'm so proud of the Alliance and Horde I encounter in Warmode not being dicks and trying to kill each other.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does feel a little empty considering we are all put along the same path. So in that regard it is "different" then normal launches but I am enjoying it so far and I believe I just finished the first zone at 3/4 to 55.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

everyone remember the leveling grinds to a halt almost in maldraxxus

with 1 dungeon and all quests im 55.25

i should have added in bastion

i am just now getting to maldraxxus
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2020-11-24 at 06:56 AM.

The soul that broke the maw is Sylvanas Windrunner, throwing herself from ICC

"Then how is Garrosh in Revendreth?" From the Arbiter's perspective, Garrosh died long before the events of World of Warcraft: He died on a time travel adventure so his soul got to the Shadowlands even before his dad got there

"What about Ursoc & Ysera?" The Winter Queen cinematic all but confirms Elune delivered Ysera's soul personally. And it should be assumed the same applies to all of Elune's literal children. Or grandchildren in the case of Cenarius.

And it's not Argus, because Argus isn't dead. We killed Agramarr the same way & "killing him" just freed him from Sargeras' mind control: The only evidence you have that it's argus is a color.

Also, besides pointing out Sylvanas' red eyes, the sound the Arbiter when she becomes inflicted by the red energy is the same as Sylvanas' banshee form

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The soul that broke the maw is Sylvanas Windrunner, throwing herself from ICC

"Then how is Garrosh in Revendreth?" From the Arbiter's perspective, Garrosh died long before the events of World of Warcraft: He died on a time travel adventure so his soul got to the Shadowlands even before his dad got there

"What about Ursoc & Ysera?" The Winter Queen cinematic all but confirms Elune delivered Ysera's soul personally. And it should be assumed the same applies to all of Elune's literal children. Or grandchildren in the case of Cenarius.

And it's not Argus, because Argus isn't dead. We killed Agramarr the same way & "killing him" just freed him from Sargeras' mind control: The only evidence you have that it's argus is a color.

Also, besides pointing out Sylvanas' red eyes, the sound the Arbiter when she becomes inflicted by the red energy is the same as Sylvanas' banshee form
    Also, that Argus is the Death Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Also, that Argus is the Death Titan.
    its argus

we were told by the writers themselves that the machine of death was working when we did emerald nightmare
    when argus goes into mythic he turns red
    when we summon argus theres a red aura

I think that it wasn't a soul. Or anything that we did. It was Denathrius.

The trajectory of the red ball was very different from the one souls take. It looked more like it was a missile, fired at the Arbiter to disable her, not some corrupted soul that happened to have that effect.

Think about it:
    - The ball was red - Venthyr magic is red.
    - Denathrius is in league with the Jailer and he's the one responsible for the anima draught.
    - Anima draught probably required disabling the flow of souls, i.e. shutting down the Arbiter.
    - Denathrius is one of the oldest and powerful beings in the Shadowlands, so it's possible he
    knew how to break the Arbiter.

In other words - Denathrius had the motive and possibly the means to break the machine of death. Also, from the Jailer's point of view, it would make a lot more sense to have Denathrius (who the Jailer is most likely familiar with) shut down the Arbiter rather than go through the trouble of setting up a scenario in which the mortals (who the Jailer doesn't know) break something and hoping that they do so at exactly the right time.

Moreover, Denathrius doesn't die in the raid. It's not a coincidence - he's going to be used for something in the future. But what? Well, if he's the one who broke the Arbiter then it would make sense to keep him around, so that we can learn what he did to the Arbiter and how to undo it. That would be convenient and it would give Blizzard an easy way to keep the Venthyr relevant to the story even despite us dealing with their plot in the first raid.

From a more practical point of view - going with something like this would allow Blizzard to be more flexible with when the machine of death broke, i.e. they wouldn't have to plan around some event in our timeline, they could insert the breaking moment into it whenever they want or heck, maybe even not bother with explaining much at all.

Unless I missed some interview or whatever where they said the machine of death breaking had something to do with us, I think my theory might be correct - it fits and it's just... so convenient for Blizzard's writers that I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-11-24 at 09:18 AM.