Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizz might still change the facial expressions. They did that with the gnome rework (which gave us the all depressed or angry looking female gnome cast), some time after the models were on the PTR.

I don't care either way, I think the new ones are far better than the old ones, though not perfect.
    I'd like a glowing eyes option and a normal looking neck. But if they leave them as they are, it's still better than what they did with the Nightelves. ^^

Thanks! I’m digging that collar on the Worgen. Are there any similar sets in mail? My Worgen Hunter has always been a tough one for transmog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    I's not our fault we get an abomination instead
    We didn't ask for a furry nor a rabid chihuahua. We wanted a proper fierce female worgen counterpart.
    It is actually, Blizzard has a tendency towards extremes and look at most of the posters asking for changes here, they go "they should be more fierce! The female looks like a puppy!" Which is frankly very hyperbolic.

Anyone who's been a fan of World of Warcraft for a while should see how obviously Blizzard tends towards extremes rather than middle-ground whenever they add stuff into the game regarding character customization stuff.

Therefore comments like "it looks disney! we want FIERCE" makes Blizzard go "alright we gotta do a 180" and lead to abominations like the live FemWorgen.

Blizzard tends to miss the point a lot, so feedback should be more specific. But most players don't care enough to do that. Easier to type out "I want VICIOUS WORGEN" than "It looks a little too tame, maybe if it could look a bit more ready for battle in it's facial expression".

What is it with blizzards strange fetish for making the males of a race hunched while the females stand upright? They learned from orcs and gave them an option, they learned from trolls and gave them an allied race. It's time for worgen and undead to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    It is actually, Blizzard has a tendency towards extremes and look at most of the posters asking for changes here, they go "they should be more fierce! The female looks like a puppy!" Which is frankly very hyperbolic.

Anyone who's been a fan of World of Warcraft for a while should see how obviously Blizzard tends towards extremes rather than middle-ground whenever they add stuff into the game regarding character customization stuff.

Therefore comments like "it looks disney! we want FIERCE" makes Blizzard go "alright we gotta do a 180" and lead to abominations like the live FemWorgen.

Blizzard tends to miss the point a lot, so feedback should be more specific. But most players don't care enough to do that. Easier to type out "I want VICIOUS WORGEN" than "It looks a little too tame, maybe if it could look a bit more ready for battle in it's facial expression".
    Blizzard failing at woman is no news, yes, but it's not that hard to look at the male for referene tbh. And there were a lot of detailed feedback posted mainly on the "Add alpha worgen as customization" thread and other Blizzard forum posts... Sadly, it seems they just read the first impresions without reading the other more extense feedback...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    Blizzard failing at woman is no news, yes, but it's not that hard to look at the male for referene tbh. And there were a lot of detailed feedback posted mainly on the "Add alpha worgen as customization" thread and other Blizzard forum posts... Sadly, it seems they just read the first impresions without reading the other more extense feedback...
    Was that "add alpha worgen as customization" thread after the first re-design of the initially revealed Worgen in Cata Beta? I wouldn't have expected them to do another re-design so soon after their initial change from "disney" to what we have right now. They probably had to put it off and ship Cata.

Also nah, I hated the "redesign" they did of Male Worgen to what we have now. I actually liked how they look in the first initial reveal. It pushed me away from playing Worgen once they were changed to "look more vicious". But none of that matters now as we finally have the improved models coming that do the race justice!

Was that "add alpha worgen as customization" thread after the first re-design of the initially revealed Worgen in Cata Beta? I wouldn't have expected them to do another re-design so soon after their initial change from "disney" to what we have right now. They probably had to put it off and ship Cata.

Also nah, I hated the "redesign" they did of Male Worgen to what we have now. I actually liked how they look in the first initial reveal. It pushed me away from playing Worgen once they were changed to "look more vicious". But none of that matters now as we finally have the improved models coming that do the race justice!
    I'd say the updated male Worgen face seems to be a nice middle ground between the alpha and final version. To me, the final version was true to the original way Worgen looked whereas the alpha looked too lion-like to me, but I also shared the sentiment and dislike over the final version's mouth being open 24/7 and permanent rage face through all its emotes.

Glad they overall found a middle ground though, they look properly menacing even without snarling all the time and a face like I wouldn't want to get on their bad side.

Like I said, I’m not hating on the idea of “more vicious”. I would have gladly played the male worgen’s head slapped on live’s body over the derp dog we got stuck with for 9 years. However, Blizzard seems literally incapable of designing monstrous females. Look at the Alpha female Troll fiasco. Look at current female Tauren, which while vastly improved, have a weird :3 face that doesn’t fit bovines/minotaurs. Look at Draenei, where the males and females look like entirely separate species. The only female ‘monster’ they nailed is Orcs, but then again Blizz has an Orc fetish so that doesn’t surprise me.

It’s like asking a 12 year old to draw a monster girl. A creepily sexualized female body and a RAR ANGRY face glued on top to overcompensate for that.

IMO the problem with that redesign is that they are less customizable. Alpha males were looking ok (aside from muzzle too width) but overall cool with those hairstyles. Female models are always the problem...

They could make permasnarl and calm muzzles as a face option as worgen don't have many face options already. (Female permasnarl sucked because it was a weird snarl).
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2019-08-04 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Male Worgen casting animation isn't wacky arm flailing anymore.
    https://gyazo.com/addd120a902049d143ae7002d201c4d1
    They actually ripped that animation right from the classic WoW skeleton mage animation.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They actually ripped that animation right from the classic WoW skeleton mage animation.
    Lol, definitely close but not quite.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=10432/ve...delviewer:10+0

Definitely a resemblance, but never thought it looked particularly bad on the skeleton mage.

Add the eye glow and you got yourself a mean looking wolf.

My thoughts are meh, I mean I don't play this race but the differences seem from the outside, pretty damn small.

that female model is awesome...especially with the glowing eyes for a DK...if i went back alliance on my DK I would 100% be going worgen female

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    What item/xmog is in this pic if you don’t mind me asking?
    Sorry for the late reply. Just something random I cobbled together. Nothing impressive. It's all leather.

Chest: Raiment of the Blighted Tribe (Heroic)
    Gloves: Sharkhide Grips (Heroic)
    Belt: Portal Keeper's Cincture (Heroic)
    Legs: Leggings of the Sable Stalkers (Heroic)
    Boots: Slippers of the Unruly Fairies

Most of these items have lookalikes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    [IMG]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/450009388472860684/607651597505396842/unknown.png?width=1153&height=649[IMG]
    [IMG]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/450009388472860684/607652702134075498/unknown.png?width=1153&height=649[IMG]

Add the eye glow and you got yourself a mean looking wolf.
    Looks good to me. I'd be curious to see more emotes like that /flex to see how the face emotes. Some people also mentioned the worgen attack and running animations to see if those have been tweaked significantly.

Some more choice pics since every time I go googling for a better look at the before/after I find stuff like this:

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...08UMn808UMi87k

Now that I'm actually messing with it myself I will say on criticisms that the worgen female armor proportions still oftentimes look very silly. One of those things, like male night elf shoulderpads, that just bugs me.

edit: And found the animations section, certain other armors look fine, not seeing any of that arm twisting action, and the face is animated, but reserved, in contrast to something like a gnome with those big, expressive eyes. I like the way the ears droop for /cry, and the snarl being visible in combat animations but not in regular unaggressive emotes.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-08-05 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. Just something random I cobbled together. Nothing impressive. It's all leather.

Chest: Raiment of the Blighted Tribe (Heroic)
    Gloves: Sharkhide Grips (Heroic)
    Belt: Portal Keeper's Cincture (Heroic)
    Legs: Leggings of the Sable Stalkers (Heroic)
    Boots: Slippers of the Unruly Fairies

Most of these items have lookalikes.
    I like it. I hope the Worgen heritage set will be impressive. I’ve been salivating over those long coats but that’s probably wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I know, its just a real nit pick really, I aint ever going to roll one so it's no skin off my back :P

Still wish they'd allow Worgen to hide weapons and use their claws though..
    I agree with that second part. I would love to be able to use the worgen "claws" when using fist weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie. Might actually play a Worgen if I come back at some point.

FemWorgs look more like actual Wolves and less like Chihuahuas now as well.