Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    My suspicion is that Blizzard thought Lordaeron would be carried by its history and the prequel novel, so they decided they would need to do something big for Teldrassil to seem like an equivalent loss. Because they're stupid.
    The last time Lordaeron was relevant in-game (before BfA) was in freaking Battle for the Undercity. Not only that was more than a decade ago, but also, while nice, was a relatively minor episode in WoW's story overall. If they really thought that a !@#$ty novel would be able to carry the utter mess of a story that is the Siege of Lordaeron, well... I'm speechless. Moreso when novels presumably reach a very limited audience compared to what is shown in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The last time Lordaeron was relevant in-game (before BfA) was in freaking Battle for the Undercity. Not only that was more than a decade ago, but also, while nice, was a relatively minor episode in WoW's story overall. If they really thought that a !@#$ty novel would be able to carry the utter mess of a story that is the Siege of Lordaeron, well... I'm speechless. Moreso when novels presumably reach a very limited audience compared to what is shown in-game.
    Why would you be speechless that Blizzard wrote a shitty story and mishandled everything? I'd be surprised if they did any one thing right.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    "We burned down Teldrassil but it's ok cause we're sad now " I'm so done with Saurfang and "zappy boi" (god that name). If we get another trailer with them in it I'm gonna riot.
    I totally agree!

But more to the point. Valeera, Garona, and Voss should not be on one side, especially the weak willed horde.
    Last edited by Highelf; 2019-08-24 at 04:55 PM.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I really don't give a shit about Zekhan nor do I understand the hype. Just some random ass troll who became buddy buddies with Saurfang.
    It's very simple to explain. He is NEW. He the the archetype of protagonist. A young hero that enters the scene and tries to fight his best. Like Luke Skywalker.

And people became obsessive about him because he first fully rendered troll that actually had meaningful role. Never had that before.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    To the reality that the WC1-2 Horde was unquestionably the villains? There were no heroes in the Old Horde, just named members of what was intended to be Warchief Legion Puppet and His Mindless Minions.

I know what they were TRYING to do with him, but they completely failed.

Er what? He was a mewling peacenik well before that book tried to make his balls drop. Always whining to Varian how they should try diplomacy because the little piss ant was too sheltered to know the crap the Horde had pulled and was continuing to pull. Questing after that little shit in MoP was annoying to no end, how he'd fuck over his own bodyguards in his endless search for a way to surrender to orc, complete with Disney level emo teen lines about "so much more to us!" Of course he didn't like Varian, Varian actually wanted him to act like a man and in his own people's interest. For example, Varian would not have backed off after BoD because the trolls were sad, ultimately costing thousands more Alliance lives.

Jaina makes sense up to a point, but only with IRL knowledge. She started out as a naive peacenik fool willing to help kill her own father. To explain away making Theramore hostile to Horde NPCs (so boats from Menethil Harbor had a destination in southern Kalimdor, remember we mostly walked), she was written as too weak to actually RULE the little bit of land she had. Since she wisely settled on an island in a desolate swamp, naively expecting the Horde to help, she had to accept Alliance aid to not starve to death or be overwhelmed by forces from the swamp. Because of accepting that aid, she had to allow Theramore to be used as an Alliance staging point/garrison.

Fast forward to Garrosh, well known for shyness, understatement, and self-restraint. Also known for hypocrisy, because WMDs like blight are cowardly and dishonorable, but WMDs like mana bombs aren't somehow. Everyone she knew was dead, but unlike her father getting cut down by Thrall and Rexxar, this time it wasn't ok because she wasn't interested in Garrosh. Sorry, letting myself indulge in how much I despise her.

In any case, she woke the hell up and realized that Thrall had been the exception, and even he had done nothing to help Theramore, leading to this point. She figured out that orcs even without the excuse of demon blood were always going to be hellbent on conquest and battle. She took another look at the Horde, which stopped being the good WC3 Horde the second they took on the NuScourge, and finally understood they had always been a threat and always would be if only because chopping heads off and blighting everything is just another day in the office for the Horde.

Her latest flop back towards peace is due to how poorly the trainwreck of BFA has been received. The writers are frantically trying to scale back the idiot faction war because they didn't understand the audience would actually care about things like Teldrassil. Since the goal is cross faction PVE to make up for being greedy bastards milking character/guild transfer money to Horde until PVE was completely wrecked, they can't have the permanent divide that BFA should logically cause.
    I mean Manduin while still a pussie he was still brash and did a lot of wrong like helping Wrathion that wanted to destroy the faction of his new friend and his reckless of goodness almost got him killed and now he is more holier than jesus and his "mistakes" are praised as astonishing "strategies". The rest I kinda agree with except the plot excuse for unification, there is a way more chances and less backlash if they just destroyed the factions in a blaze of hero rather than this pathetic war faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    there is a way more chances and less backlash if they just destroyed the factions in a blaze of hero rather than this pathetic war faction.
    They still can do it. Just have Tentacle Boi completely released by 8.3, so that he can thoroughly !#@& both factions hardcore. Fast forward to 9.0, we have a clean slate where every individual race is on its own, with maybe some weak links to long time allies e.g. Humans and Dwarves.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They look nice. Wrathion going from 14 to 35 over a few years is kind of weird though.

I hope they give him some quality story focus again. He was an interesting character that just randomly got dropped and replaced with a forgettable shaman black dragon in Highmountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    They still can do it. Just have Tentacle Boi completely released by 8.3, so that he can thoroughly !#@& both factions hardcore. Fast forward to 9.0, we have a clean slate where every individual race is on its own, with maybe some weak links to long time allies e.g. Humans and Dwarves.
    I think that surprise might come for 10.0. After all despite of all the hype, N'zoth isn't a big fish compared to his already fallen brothers. If anything the factions are likely destroyed to hype up a new bad guy at the same level of Arthas after he defeated most of the alliance cough cough Void Lords and others cosmic powers cough cough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    They look nice. Wrathion going from 14 to 35 over a few years is kind of weird though.

I hope they give him some quality story focus again. He was an interesting character that just randomly got dropped and replaced with a forgettable shaman black dragon in Highmountain.
    They'll probably explain it with "dragons age differently uwu". I'm glad he got updated, his old model was awful. He looked so goddamn stupid with that turban.