Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    You ignore the fact that German, Irish, Polish, Italians werent exactly well received. They had ethnic conflicts that lasted for 100 years. Theres still segregated neighborhoods where I was born where you have 90% polish neighborhoods etc. All of these cultures and ethnic groups eventually blended in and contributed to what is Americanism. Hispanics are a more recent addition to the culture and I have no doubt that they too will do the same. The difference is that the American left no longer believes in assimilation. They think its great if people never learn English, they've drank so much diversity kool aid that they've bullshitted themselves into believing that assimilation is bad.
    Hispanics aren't recent. Look up Mexican Repatriation where hundreds of thousands of American citizens were deported to Mexico. These Hispanic people were in the US for nearly 100 years by that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If that manifesto is actually his, then this is very telling. It reads like the talking points and racist bullshit pushed by a great many Trump supporters, including quite a few on these forums. If I had to guess, I'd say a majority of Trump supporters would agree with this entire thing, if you took out the first two sentence s(many would agree if you left them in).
    just had one in the thread for the El paso shooting say "Oh please, there's nothing irrational in his manifesto."
    so your not wrong, and proof of that aint far

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    2 in one day?!? Jesus...
    So many people in this board love pedantry so I'll get it out the way 2 in 24 hours yes. I'm pretty sure the shooting happened after midnight (est) though I'm not positive on that.

16 people in the hospital according to the last article on it. No news on shooter or motive that I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So many people in this board love pedantry so I'll get it out the way 2 in 24 hours yes. I'm pretty sure the shooting happened after midnight (est) though I'm not positive on that.

16 people in the hospital according to the last article on it. No news on shooter or motive that I've seen.
    well, to be pedantic, would be to point out yes on different days, but only 14 hours, so both wrong and right for saying 2 in one day
    (I need to post irreverent stuff like this to not turn to the liquor cabinet)

it was at 3am local time (EST) that it was reported, so was probly no later than 2:30am-2:50am

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't matter what the motive is. Mass shootings as an option have been normalized in the US. Everyone feels frustration and anger at times in their life. In a healthy environment, harming others isn't seen as a rational option to vent your frustrations. In fact its only an option for those who don't know better.

Yet today, writing a manifesto and taking as many people with as possible is viewed as an option, even as part of some fucked up solution. Where does their rhetoric come from? The top.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    So its wrong for White people to be opposed to being replaced? If you don't allow for peaceful protest than you make violence inevitable.
    What the fuck does "white people being replaced" even mean?

That's some grade-A dangerous conspiracy stuff right there. Like the kind of stuff that prompted this lunatic shooter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

That's some grade-A dangerous conspiracy stuff right there. Like the kind of stuff that prompted this lunatic shooter.
    It's the "Great Replacement" or "White Geoncide" racist conspiracy theory. These lunatics think that white people are literally being targeted for elimination. That's why they have all these violent outbursts.

Reminds me of the FBI saying conspiracy theories are a terrorism threat...

It isn't just this thread where he is attempting to defend the mass murder committed by a terrorist.

Oh please, there's nothing irrational in his manifesto. His problem is that he has resulted to violence and killed innocent people to have his moment of fame. We better pray this isnt about conservatism because that means there there are 100 million more people just like him and you should start building a bunker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's the "Great Replacement" or "White Geoncide" racist conspiracy theory. These lunatics think that white people are literally being targeted for elimination. That's why they have all these violent outbursts.

I always find the people ranting about their "fear of white people becoming a minority" thing to be quite interesting...

Are they implying that minorities aren't treated well?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-08-04 at 09:03 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

People who aren't white having the audacity to have children in a country that was founded by our pure white noble ancestors. And sometimes, even *gasp* having children with white people!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Labeling them as "lunatics" does the real insane a disservice. It also enables them to diminish their responsibility in all of this.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

2 in one day?!? Jesus...
    The Republicans are going to have to "thoughts and prayers" twice as hard tomorrow.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't believe for even a second anyone saw Trump as the go-ahead for anything.

Or that anyone is but comfortably placid upper Middle-Class types sincerely believe in the President is some dignified or wonderful person.
    Except that when someone who holds extreme views or views that most people see as wrong/sick see others promote them even if implicitly and not explicitly they will see that as "I'm right" and be more likely to act on it.
    It's quite basic group psycology.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't believe for even a second anyone saw Trump as the go-ahead for anything.
    There have been numerous white supremacists directly praising Trump, claiming that they feel he supports what they support and that they feel validated by him.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been numerous white supremacists directly praising Trump, claiming that they feel he supports what they support and that they feel validated by him.
    And he hasn't denounced or distanced himself from any of them, which is even more important. Even political parties in Europe with a legacy back to collaboration distance themselves from neo-nazism, Trump however does not. And that's telling.

And unlike our resident ethnic cleansers worshippers like to believe, skating around the issue is not denouncing it. Saying he's against them just to come back within 10 tweets that they aren't "bad people" isn't denouncing them. And so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Except that when someone who holds extreme views or views that most people see as wrong/sick see others promote them even if implicitly and not explicitly they will see that as "I'm right" and be more likely to act on it.
    It's quite basic group psycology.
    He has a thread up that promotes directly or indirectly ethnic cleansing as a political answer or at best an apartheid system for todays issues, just saying that's the type of person you're debating with.

Yep, the killers manifesto is basically the paperback version of a Trump rally: Scary Mexicans that need to be stopped from invading America.

All the fox news crap about caravans and foreigners storming the border endorsed by the White House and you get this. Hope you're happy Dacien and co, this is what you've empowered. Hope Brett Kavanaugh and your "people are concerned democrats are doing X" stuff was worth the blood on your hands. Of course you wouldn't do this kind of stuff yourself, you're a decent guy! But the thing is, every time you nod along with the president using his inflammatory racist language you willfully accept that its going to stir that 1% of his base into acting on his words and killing some innocent people doing their daily shopping. After all, he's the President of true patriots, isn't he? Get this man a coat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    just had one in the thread for the El paso shooting say "Oh please, there's nothing irrational in his manifesto."
    so your not wrong, and proof of that aint far
    Yes, he was one of those who was on my mind when I said it. At least he's honest enough to admit his racism and support for ethno-nationalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Yep, the killers manifesto is basically the paperback version of a Trump rally: Scary Mexicans that need to be stopped from invading America.

All the fox news crap about caravans and foreigners storming the border endorsed by the White House and you get this. Hope you're happy Dacien and co, this is what you've empowered. Hope Brett Kavanaugh and your "people are concerned democrats are doing X" stuff was worth the blood on your hands. Of course you wouldn't do this kind of stuff yourself, you're a decent guy! But the thing is, every time you nod along with the president using his inflammatory racist language you willfully accept that its going to stir that 1% of his base into acting on his words and killing some innocent people doing their daily shopping. After all, he's the President of true patriots, isn't he? Get this man a coat, right?
    They don't care about the collateral; they care about winning.

Under Obama they felt small and impotent; on the internet they were mocked and derided. They were told nobody wanted them, that they were of the past, and that their actions were morally repugnant.

But under Trump, they have validation. Suddenly, they have a big, strong president making other people (ostensibly) listen to and respect their opinions, not based on the merits of those opinions, but because "Trump is president so I'm right, shut up."

Why do you think that they turn their heads from Trump's bad language, Russian collusion, inability to hold down a cabinet or lead the country? Because he won. They felt weak and powerless, and he gave them a glimmer of power. Damn the rest, now their critics have to listen to them.

Trump supporters can be roughly divided into two categories; the one I mentioned above, and those who wrongfully believe that the republican party still stands for something, and that by supporting Trump they support the "heady ideals of the GOP" from the days of yore. I suspect most people's older relatives or parents would fit into this category. They turn a blind eye to Trump's dealings because they feel that he must be doing it "for the greater" good; to fulfill the goals of a Reagan-esque America of apple pie, baseball and warm fuzzy feelings inside.

Both reasons do the same thing; attempt to separate themselves and their support for Trump from what Trump is actually doing. Personally I find the latter reasoning almost pitiable; they're simply mislead, like some simple townfolk being taken in by a traveling snake oil salesman. But the first reason is just utterly despicable; literally cutting off the nose to spite the face.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-08-04 at 10:29 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So if I decided to visit El Paso I am part of the problem for being brown?
    Just as much as the mexican families that lived in Texas before the US annexed it.

Which means you get all the blame from our dear fascist friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 in one day?!? Jesus...
    Please don't act surprised.

There have been hundreds of shootings, and dozens of mass shootings, in 2019. It is a feature of American life now. Domestic terrorism is part of that.

There will be no change. McConnell is just the latest stopping point. Just pray every day that it happens to someone else, and not you.

P.S. The Dayton guy had body armor and loads of ammo. This was planned. Maybe we'll have the motive one day, but there was a motive
    Last edited by Breccia; 2019-08-04 at 12:29 PM.