Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Thanks for giving the usual haters an opening. =\ Also nice to see Liadrin's lie about doing nothing for 10,000 years repeated.
    "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." Also, I don't think the Night Elves did *nothing* for 10,000 years, but it is true that their civilization and society did not develop or advance in that time to any real degree. They held themselves away from the world and thus remained essentially static and unchanging.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    I'd choose to be a Ren'dorei to be honest. Aside from all the perks that come from being an evolved elf, I'd also get an increased chance of resisting the whispers of the Void, because I would have the knowledge and power needed to hold them at bay, as opposed to say a peasant or a warrior.

I assume you'd get used to it eventually. They'd be giving you special training sessions on how to ignore the voices until you no longer even pay attention to them. Indeed, even Alleria herself got used to it eventually.
    I doubt that would be permanent, and i like to think that in the real world, there would be no need to fight the Void :P

But if we got Wrathion, then yes, maybe Rendorei would be a good option (I mean... in the PTR quest where Wrathion help the other Black Dragon deal with the whisper and shit with a potion, that could be used with the VEs -it could be an interesting development for the race, even more if later is pointed out that the Void corruption is passed down to their children)

O.T: I would most likely go with Worgen or Sindorei, mostly because those are the more normal looking races -well Worgen have 2 forms- and anything else would be... weird in the real world, but if that were not an issue, any flavor of Elf excluding Rendorei (Chances of losing my sanity to an Eldritch Horror does not sound nice)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2019-08-07 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I doubt that would be permanent, and i like to think that in the real world, there would be no need to fight the Void :P

But if we got Wrathion, then yes, maybe Rendorei would be a good option (I mean... in the PTR quest where Wrathion help the other Black Dragon deal with the whisper and shit with a potion, that could be used with the VEs -it could be an interesting development for the race, even more if later is pointed out that the Void corruption is passed down to their children)

O.T: I would most likely go with Worgen or Sindorei, mostly because those are the more normal looking races -well Worgen have 2 forms- and anything else would be... weird in the real world, but if that were not an issue, any flavor of Elf excluding Rendorei (Chances of losing my sanity to an Eldritch Horror does not sound nice)
    You aknowledged that Wrathion could offer a solution to the Ren'dorei's plight -- So why don't you want to be a Ren'dorei? The chances of losing your sanity would be non-existant thanks to that potion and your training (and to be fair, every race risks losing the sanity to the whispers).

Perhaps the only drawback to being a Ren'dorei is that your child would probably be affected in some way by the Void or just turn out to be some Void-twisted abomination. So you effectively would not be able to have a child.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The chances of losing your sanity would be non-existant thanks to that potion and your training (and to be fair, every race risks losing the sanity to the whispers).
    What potion?And honestly... nothing about the void elf repertoire give me the impression that they are more 'resistant' to the void. They dunked themselves into void and got altered... as far as I understand they are most constantly under the effects of hearing the whispers and only sheer will is what keeps them sane, for now.

edit:

I'd choose to be one of the more preserved undead. Longer life expectancy (functionally immortal), outright immunity to most ailments, would only need to hammer out some details concerning physical limitations. I'd either be an easy win on any long distance run or a barely passable normie and othrewise carry on at my leisure for anything I'd care to do.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-08-08 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aknowledged that Wrathion could offer a solution to the Ren'dorei's plight -- So why don't you want to be a Ren'dorei? The chances of losing your sanity would be non-existant thanks to that potion and your training (and to be fair, every race risks losing the sanity to the whispers).
    That's assuming that Wrathion also come to RL.-i pointed that out in the post

Perhaps the only drawback to being a Ren'dorei is that your child would probably be affected in some way by the Void or just turn out to be some Void-twisted abomination. So you effectively would not be able to have a child.
    Yeah that -though i have no plans on having any-, and that i will look weird as fuck.

To be fair, that's also the same reason why not a fan of Nightborne