Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Sure they can, but again they cant really punish people for not doing it lol.
    In their forums, they absolutely can. It's their forums and you agree to play by their rules.

Elsewhere, you're right! Which is why I don't get the "drama" over this.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    data maybe be an advanced android that is unique ,since he is capable of autonomous thought and actions (a.i) but still resembles a man therefore he can be considered a male

but by using your own logic fl4k should also be considered a male since he resembles one and talks like one ,so it can indentify as a he

so you are wrong

So some internet nobody is in trouble in conjunction with a trash game series?

Fascinating.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Let's boycott for the right reasons, you know...the whole pedo thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In their forums, they absolutely can. It's their forums and you agree to play by their rules.

Elsewhere, you're right! Which is why I don't get the "drama" over this.
    It's faux, and makes people with little going on in their lives feel big and possibly important.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Thats not the point.
    That is, entirely the point. This is a made up world. Does french, spanish, portuguese, or italian exist in Borderlands? That's a failure of localization. You're also assuming that just because the language assigns a gender, that people assign the same socio-sexual gender to it. Regardless, it does not change what the creators intended. It does not change how they discipline people on an English speaking forum. While something may get lost in translation, an English post on an English forum quoting an English designer is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    You mean believing in imaginary things as robot genders.
    Once upon a time, robots were imaginary things. So were cellphones, space travel, and many other technologies. I fully expect sentient AI to be an inevitability, as well as the digitization of consciousness.

I guess you don't read or watch any fiction, because it isn't real. If you don't even play Borderlands, why do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    That is, entirely the point. This is a made up world. Does french, spanish, portuguese, or italian exist in Borderlands? That's a failure of localization. You're also assuming that just because the language assigns a gender, that people assign the same socio-sexual gender to it. Regardless, it does not change what the creators intended. It does not change how they discipline people on an English speaking forum. While something may get lost in translation, an English post on an English forum quoting an English designer is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Once upon a time, robots were imaginary things. So were cellphones, space travel, and many other technologies. I fully expect sentient AI to be an inevitability, as well as the digitization of consciousness.

I guess you don't read or watch any fiction, because it isn't real. If you don't even play Borderlands, why do you care?
    Sentient a.i is something we won't see for hundreds of years.

Till then all robots are simply tools.then again I'm not the one here trying to give a gender to a machine,a non living thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Thats a good boy.
    You're trying to insinuate I'm a blind dog or whatever, but why the fuck would I care about some pissant you-tuber to the point it makes me boycot the game? Grow up kid.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerSickle View Post
    How about boycotting SupMatto and tons of other so called "content" "creators".
    Oof. See we have a defender of the AAA industry. How lovely to see.

The AAA will never fix itself because of blind fanboys who don't give a shit about how they are treated. Congratulations to the herd, the billionaires thank you for lining their pockets while they continue to spit in your face.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Oof. See we have a defender of the AAA industry. How lovely to see.

The AAA will never fix itself because of blind fanboys who don't give a shit about how they are treated. Congratulations to the herd, the billionaires thank you for lining their pockets while they continue to spit in your face.
    Oof. See we have one of the people who paid SupMatto for those leaks he was selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Oof. See we have one of the people who paid SupMatto for those leaks he was selling.
    Cute, but I didn't even know who he was until this shit came up. I listen to bigger voices in the industry like Jim Sterling, Yong Yea and the like.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang